Tizen publishing support.

Comments

• 777ideas.com777ideas.com Member, PRO Posts: 895
    Ok, Got it! Thanks to all for explanation!
  • ashtmjashtmj Member, PRO Posts: 405
    So I've deleted and re downloaded the tizenSDK but I still don't get the
    Security Profiles under preferences :( does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

I downloaded the SDK then unstuffed the "base-ire-product_2.2.6_macos-64.zip" then opened the tizenIDE from that unstuffed folder, opened workbench, went to preferences..

All help appreciated
  • zzap64zzap64 Member Posts: 405
    maybe a silly question but on the Tizen Seller store under the basic information I select all counties but it only lists France, Japan, Kazakhstan and Russia.

Little puzzled as to where USA & UK is ?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    how long where you guys in validation before getting a rejection?
  • darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243
    edited December 2013
    @ashtmj Have you tried typing "Security" into the little search box in the top left of your screenshot? That's how I found it on my iMac.

Also, your problem of commercial seller request form not working - I had the same issue. As I'm going to use Paypal, I ended up attaching my passport image to both attachments before selecting Paypal. I'm now waiting…

EDIT : My seller status request was accepted.
    maybe a silly question but on the Tizen Seller store under the basic information I select all counties but it only lists France, Japan, Kazakhstan and Russia.

I believe Tizen is planned to launch in those markets first. I would not expect to see Tizen in the US for quite some time. My guess is Tizen is aimed at those who cannot afford Android or Apple devices now. and then hope to assimilate themselves into everyone else.
    i setup with paypal and i had no issues for my commercial seller request. didn't even have to give them an id. just scanned a copy of my LLC papers and blamo I was approved.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

For the UK, turn right at Iceland.
  • zzap64zzap64 Member Posts: 405
    @socks, depends which way your facing Iceland. Or do you mean the chilly supermarket ?

@tenrdrmer, cheers for the info. Kazakhstan here I come....
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I've submitted this via the reporting system and thought I'd post here as well. I've noticed overscan doesn't seem to work on the a tizen emulator. Since device testing isn't available unless there is a list of supported devices that Tizen can be installed on, I can't confirm this works on an actual device.
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited December 2013
    Choose “Select widget file:” and Browse to the .wgt file you download from GameSalad

can someone explain this please? ;) what .wgt file downloaded from GS?
  • ashtmjashtmj Member, PRO Posts: 405
    @darrelf Thanks so much! attaching images of my ID to both fist worked! waiting for approval now :)

All that appears when I type in security is "secure Storage" nothing else :(
    I'll keep working at it, if anyone else has ideas I'd love to hear them :)

Thanks again
    -Ash
    Inside of the Tizen IDE, go to File > Import... > Tizen Folder / Web Projects and Widget file > Select widget file: (It's right under "Select root directory:"); the .wgt file mentioned is the one that you download from publish.gamesalad.com after generating your Tizen app. Hope this helps :)
    edited December 2013
    I get this error after I do *see arrow*

does someone know what I did wrong and how to fix this? thanks
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,069
    @timolapre1998 you may want to try republishing. We just pushed a build update that should get rid of the errors you see while signing.
  • colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    I posted this in another thread and thought it was worth posting here too incase others are having the same problem

@timolapre1998 I had an underscore in my password which I created in the Tizen IDE before importing the game. When I changed this I was able to ignore the other errors and the .wgt file was created in my workspace. Before I did this the it would build but not create the .wgt file.
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    edited December 2013
    Ok everyone, I just got my rejected status from tizan for my first app submitted, and to my surprise it was only one simple rejection and was not the back button issue people are talking about. My rejection was because my icon was not a circle. So at least it will be a simple fix. But I see others have already covered the icon change on this OS. I just over looked it when I submitted it.

Edit: a circle is not required just recommended. I some how had 2 different icons. That's why it got rejected ugh
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    Did you guys receive a conformation e-mail or anyway of knowing if your information was even sent after signing up to be a seller?
  • GLAGLA Member, PRO Posts: 60
    i got some warnings when i try to build my project

Anyone who can help me with that?
  • MSEagle2MSEagle2 Member, PRO Posts: 98
    edited December 2013
    i got some warnings when i try to build my project

Anyone who can help me with that?
    Your fine. Just build it. Warnings are OK, if you get red stuff then you have a problem.

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Hi!
    I sent this e-mail to GS support, but after few days I still don't have the reply, so I thought I'll ask here:
    1. I have a "back" button as it should be, but it doesn't take player to the previous scene. From gameplay scenes it takes player to Pause screen, and from Pause screen it takes player to MainMenu (this is the third scene in the project, after company, and game logo), and from MainMenu "back" button should turn the game off. Is this ok?
    2. Should I turn resolution independence off, or it doesn't matter?
    3. During publishing in GS (before generating) there are fields for app description, and app license. It's necessary to fill them? This will be shown in the Tizen app store? Maximum limit is 600 characters for each of these fields. I can't fit there even half of my description and app license.
    4. Does the "Widget Identifier" should be different for each Tizen game, or it can be the same?
    5. Does the "Display Name" works the same as for iPhone, so it's just the name on actual device, not in the Tizen appstore?

Thank you for your help!

@adent42
  • StoneclipseStoneclipse Member, PRO Posts: 130
    I can't install the Tizen sdk on my computer. I am using windows 7 64 bit. Whenever i try to install, it says you must have either jre or jdk on version 6 installed. I'm using version 7?!!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I've made better games than some of the ones they rated but here's what I got;

8.8 for Jumbo Egg Hunt
    9.9 for Lightspeed Bit Bit
    9 for Saving Bunnies

Looks like I need to dedicate a work day or two to check out Tizen publishing.

Hi!
    I sent this e-mail to GS support, but after few days I still don't have the reply, so I thought I'll ask here:
    1. I have a "back" button as it should be, but it doesn't take player to the previous scene. From gameplay scenes it takes player to Pause screen, and from Pause screen it takes player to MainMenu (this is the third scene in the project, after company, and game logo), and from MainMenu "back" button should turn the game off. Is this ok?
    2. Should I turn resolution independence off, or it doesn't matter?
    3. During publishing in GS (before generating) there are fields for app description, and app license. It's necessary to fill them? This will be shown in the Tizen app store? Maximum limit is 600 characters for each of these fields. I can't fit there even half of my description and app license.
    4. Does the "Widget Identifier" should be different for each Tizen game, or it can be the same?
    5. Does the "Display Name" works the same as for iPhone, so it's just the name on actual device, not in the Tizen appstore?

Thank you for your help!

@adent42

1. back button is fine. as long as it done SOMETHING besides exit the app you are good.
    2. if you turn if off you should replace all your graphics with normal sized ones to save on memory usage.
    3. I filled in app description but not the license area. I've only had a single app complete validation so far and it failed, but it was because I included reviews of my iPad version in the description.
    4. It can be the same as far as I can tell, during publishing they append the name of the game to the widget identifier, so it technically does change.
    5. yes, when you submit to the Tizen store you choose an app name. the display name is what shows up on the device.
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited December 2013
    Seems I'm a bit too late to the party! I've had finished games sitting on my computer for weeks and weeks but until some kind soul pointed me to the Amazon promotion I wasn't able to publish them as I didn't have a Pro account. Now I have three games on Amazon, three submitted to Apple (though 2 still in review), with another one nearly ready.

Guess I missed the chance at these extra incentives :D Or is there a way to nudge them into checking out my apps? ;)

Edit: oooh my Pro tag just got added :D
    Woot woot just got an email from Tizen. Penguin Glide is available for sale on Tizen!!!!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Woot woot just got an email from Tizen. Penguin Glide is available for sale on Tizen!!!!
    congrats! A Long Way Home got rejected because I had a review of the iOS game in the description. had to pull that out.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    Did you guys receive a conformation e-mail or anyway of knowing if your information was even sent after signing up to be a seller?
  • eliteappseliteapps Member, PRO Posts: 47
    Seems I'm a bit too late to the party! I've had finished games sitting on my computer for weeks and weeks but until some kind soul pointed me to the Amazon promotion I wasn't able to publish them as I didn't have a Pro account. Now I have three games on Amazon, three submitted to Apple (though 2 still in review), with another one nearly ready.

Guess I missed the chance at these extra incentives :D Or is there a way to nudge them into checking out my apps? ;)

Edit: oooh my Pro tag just got added :D
    You've not missed out at all. Just publish apps to Tizen and where they are new they will assess the score and award the appropriate incentive. Just make sure you follow directions posted.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited December 2013
    @zzap64
    @socks, depends which way your facing Iceland. Or do you mean the chilly supermarket ?
    If you are facing the frozen chips, then turn left, then first right, then carry on past the peas and the Exquisite Black Forest Gateau™ and Arctic Roll™ and when you get to the Horse Burgers the UK is straight in front of you.
  • ShadowMoonShadowMoon Member Posts: 146
    can you guys enter the price for your app? Or is it only can set a price free for your app?