Tizen publishing support.

Comments

• tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    @mounted88 yep, that message is from the install manager.
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    @tylerglessner I'm not sure then, maybe try a different explorer, like safari or Firefox.
  • HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    I don't understand, what's going on with this scoring business?

• tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    @mounted88 got the same error in Chrome and Safari :(
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    edited December 2013
    So just to confirm, gs tizen publishing is on hold until the back button issue is resolved, is that right?
    it might be resolved, i found this in the cookbook, gonna run some tests tomorrow.
    Supporting the back button Tizen apps must support a logical action in response to the hardware “back” button. The default OS action if you do nothing is to exit the app. If your game has multiple scenes, you should respond to the back button by navigating logically back through menus, level select screens, etc. Repeatedly pressing back should eventually return you to a “home” screen, such as a main menu or title screen. Finally, pressing back from this home screen should do the default action. To respond to the back button, add a Rule with a condition like: Actor receives event: key “back” is down Type “back” without quotation marks in the key field manually (you won’t find it on the keyboard UI popup). Within the rule, you will likely use Change Scene or Unpause Game as appropriate. For a simple design, there should be an actor with this kind of rule on every scene except your home screen. With no “back” rule on the home screen, the back button will do the default OS action.
  • IcedBIcedB Member, PRO Posts: 384
    Tizen IDE install isn't fully supported on various mac models running mavericks and snow leopard. This may have been causing some issues with rejections, it may also have not been... I'm not sure...Too many variables. Missed out on the competition because of this

I got a 10, for one of my apps! chaching!

Now I would like to cash in on the publishing cash prizes :) pleeeease fixeth
    How do you go about getting a rating? Submit a game to Tizen and get a rating???
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    How do you go about getting a rating? Submit a game to Tizen and get a rating???
    Yeah I am curious to know as well ... Also from what is said here I guess the back button issue is sorted if apps are being accepted for Tizen or do we just follow what @jonmulcahy said above and add a rule ????

Also @jonmulcahy how will you test that if you don't have a device ???
  • alarm656alarm656 Member Posts: 291
    What is Tizen?
    @alarm656 it's a new mobile operating system. Like android and ios
  • alarm656alarm656 Member Posts: 291
    Thank you mounted88!
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited December 2013
    You can't submit an app for a tizen offer to get a publishing bonus. From time to time GS sends out emails to top rated developers those with a reputation for creating top quality games usually it's among the core of veteran developers. We received a similar email for Amazon but without the heavy compensation figures. Tizen had a private company evaluate selected apps developed by GS developers and they sent out emails with the rating of your games and the publishing bonus based on that rating. I image if the app didn't get a rating over 9 you don't get an offer. Everyone i've heard from had a rating over 9.
  • slowcutslowcut Member, PRO Posts: 164
    I got a 10 for Film Hero but now i am struggling with Tizen.
    Generating the .wgt needs ages
    ...and is there any way to test it in some kind of emulator? I would rather not release any game without testing
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    You can't submit an app for a tizen offer to get a publishing bonus. From time to time GS sends out emails to top rated developers those with a reputation for creating top quality games usually it's among the core of veteran developers. We received a similar email for Amazon but without the heavy compensation figures. Tizen had a private company evaluate selected apps developed by GS developers and they sent out emails with the rating of your games and the publishing bonus based on that rating. I image if the app didn't get a rating over 9 you don't get an offer. Everyone i've heard from had a rating over 9.
    I think you are right, but in addition to my 9.0 scores some of my other games were in the 8a and 7s. The 7s had a very low bonus.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    edited December 2013
    I got a request and thought lets give it a try but at the first thing I did: downloading the SDK I got a failure in the .DMG. Tried it a couple of times. :(
  • mcrtommcrtom Member, PRO Posts: 147
    Bit weird all this was done immediately after the deadline of their big competition.
    Thanks for the info there @FryingBaconStudios. I was a bit lost, but I had the feeling it was something like that.

I haven't published anything for Android, and only two apps for iOS so far, so I don't think I'm on the hit list! :)

Cheers.
  • DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277
    So has anyone successfully published to Tizen yet?
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Have you tried this link @LumpApps? Just downloaded the IDE successfully: https://developer.tizen.org/downloads/tizen-sdk
    Yes, I did this one: https://cdn.download.tizen.org/sdk/InstallManager/tizen-sdk-2.2.1/tizen-sdk-mac64-v2.2.71.dmg
    Downloading works fine but the .dmg is not working. It gives "“inst-manager.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image." when I open the installer.

Anyone else getting this?
    @fryingbaconstudios I had to offers one was a 9 and the other was a 6.6 :(

@digichain I submitted one last night, so I will post if it gets approved or denied
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited December 2013
    I figured more details would present themselves as I think the emails just went out as @RP and I both revived ours yesterday.

I'll be installing the sdk tonight. I'm still on mountain lion as I don't update my os until GS officially supports it. I always wait to update my os a few months as a practice while things shake out.
  • slowcutslowcut Member, PRO Posts: 164
    @sadida172 yes i have got a .wgt, but I can´t build it with the IDE... too many errors,
    and it does´t run in the emulator...
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    The Tizen IDE has an in-built emulator afaik...
    Oh yes an emulator how can I forget about that ... Thanks for that ... Will download the SDK and have a play when time permits ... Thanks for the info guys really helpful as always ...

@fryingbaconstudios there's a link in the email for more details of the promotion FYI
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    So just to confirm, gs tizen publishing is on hold until the back button issue is resolved, is that right?
    it might be resolved, i found this in the cookbook, gonna run some tests tomorrow.
    Supporting the back button Tizen apps must support a logical action in response to the hardware “back” button. The default OS action if you do nothing is to exit the app. If your game has multiple scenes, you should respond to the back button by navigating logically back through menus, level select screens, etc. Repeatedly pressing back should eventually return you to a “home” screen, such as a main menu or title screen. Finally, pressing back from this home screen should do the default action. To respond to the back button, add a Rule with a condition like: Actor receives event: key “back” is down Type “back” without quotation marks in the key field manually (you won’t find it on the keyboard UI popup). Within the rule, you will likely use Change Scene or Unpause Game as appropriate. For a simple design, there should be an actor with this kind of rule on every scene except your home screen. With no “back” rule on the home screen, the back button will do the default OS action.
    Cheers Jon, that clears things up :)
    Are there any hidden charges involved in this promotion?

In the terms and conditions there's a link to this appbackr Inc. Xchange Publisher document, to which we are agreeing:

http://www.appbackr.com/documents/Xchange Publisher Agreement_2-23-13.pdf
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Got a 6.7 and 7.5 rating on 2 of my games. Being that they are older and not iPhone 5 screen size yet I expect they would be higher if they were.
    Is anyone able to clarify what this 'BACK' button issue actually is?

i.e. - do we need to have a visible on-screen touchable button in each scene which leads back to our menu/home scene?

Or:
    Does the rule described in the GS Cookbook need to be hidden in a actor on every scene - and if so, does the rule (key "back" is down) actually detect the hardware input on tizen devices?
  • part12studiospart12studios Member Posts: 620
    edited December 2013
    @LumpApps I am having the same problem. I can't seem to install the dmg. I'm on mavericks.. i guess i need to bust out the old white macbook with Lion and try that. :P

Yes, my old macbook installs it fine. it's running Lion 10.7.5

Does anyone know if it's ok for us to install the PC version (bootcamp or parallels) to do the authoring or should we stay in mac