Tizen publishing support.

Comments

• jonhuttojonhutto Member, PRO Posts: 72
    Anyone successfully get an app on Tizen yet? Just wondering about review times.
  • ashtmjashtmj Member, PRO Posts: 405
    Also! I hit a issue on step 4

4. Open the “Preferences…” window, navigate to Tizen SDK > Security Profiles

as you can see in the attached image, I have no "Tizen SDK" in my preference window, am I looking in the wrong place?

Any help much appreciated :)
  • slowcutslowcut Member, PRO Posts: 164
    @ashtmj try to uninstall the TizenSDK and download it again, it looks as something went wrong during installation. Normally the "Tizen SDK" is between "Team" and "Validation"
  • @mattrouse1 To be completely honest. Some of the ones that scored highest for me I was pretty well shocked. Some of my worst scored better than some of my best. For example, the first game I built in GS (which in my opinion sucked) scored quite a bit higher than some of what I think were far better.

Not complaining though. If they wanna pay me to upload, that is fine by me.
    My first game I made with GS that was for our game company was also the one that was rated the highest and it is by far the simplest. Maybe game age is a factor?
    @mattrouse1 My game Film Hero has scored very good, and I must admit that it's not my best game, but all my other (and in my opinion better) games are in german and only available in german App Store, so they did not make me an offer and no scores for them.

But I think I will port them to Tizen, and when they open a german market I will be on top

@ashtmj request Commercial Seller Status was very easy and quick procedure in my case, but I have not chosen paypal. After sending my paperwork it took less than 12 hours. If paypal does't work, try the bank account
  • I built my project in Tizen SDK and it is giving me Javascript errors at build time. An example is "suspendGame is not defined"
    Anyone else getting these JS errors?
    @mattrouse1 all the time I built a project in Tizen SDK I get lots of warnings and errors, but when I continue the building process I receive a signed .wgt in the workbench-folder.
    But I don´t know if it's working and if I try to run the Emulator or the Web Simulator nothing happens (only my computer crashes all the time and I have to reboot)
  • ashtmjashtmj Member, PRO Posts: 405
    @slowcut thanks for the info! I'll delete and reinstall.
    once you submit the info for "request Commercial Seller Status" does it tell you it's waiting for approval/take you to a new page? maybe i just submitted the info over and over :)

if I go the bank account way do I just need to attach a screen shot of one of my bank statements for the "proof of bank account"?

Thanks for the help! :)
    -Ash
    @ashtmj I have registered with my company and I was asked to upload a copy of my native business license (and an english translation) and a proof of my
    bank account.
    If you register as a private seller you have to upload a copy of your passport or ID card, I think...

There are some useful guidelines as .pdf (click the "? Guide" at the upper right corner on your seller.tizenstore.com page)
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    Really when did this become a bad word, I guess Tizen is strict,lol.

You cannot enter tags(Bumper Pool) designated as profane words.(Special characters, registered profane words)
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    @BBEnk Eww. I despise the strict platforms. No real freedom, just the content and apps they think is appropriate for you as though we are incapable of making our own decisions. Some say, "its for the kids", well that is what parental controls and ratings are useful for. Also, LOL at "Bumper Pool" being profane.

In any case, after watching this forum, I can tell I'm going to be pissed on Sun when I try to upload. It seems as though Tizen makes us jump through a million hoops to put an app on their market. If they are looking to drive developers away, that certainly is a good way to do it. Honestly if they weren't offering cash that makes it worth while, I don't know that I ever would have submitted to them.
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    @BBEnk Eww. I despise the strict platforms. No real freedom, just the content and apps they think is appropriate for you as though we are incapable of making our own decisions. Some say, "its for the kids", well that is what parental controls and ratings are useful for. Also, LOL at "Bumper Pool" being profane.

In any case, after watching this forum, I can tell I'm going to be pissed on Sun when I try to upload. It seems as though Tizen makes us jump through a million hoops to put an app on their market. If they are looking to drive developers away, that certainly is a good way to do it. Honestly if they weren't offering cash that makes it worth while, I don't know that I ever would have submitted to them.
    Funny thing is my game is called "Bump'n Balls", wonder if they will reject it, lol.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    Recieved a email telling me about Tizen and the offer and that Tizen gave my first ever created app a 8.6. Im currently using 0.10.4.1 I dont dabble with nightly builds. So does this mean I have to wait till 0.11.0 is released before I can take Tizen up on this offer?
  • DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277
    Anyone else finding it a nightmare to add new application details on the Tizen store?

I'm constantly finding the form hanging-up or timing out and loosing all the details I've added. I've just re-entered application details about 6 times and every time it refuses to save or move on. It's pretty shoddy.
  • Is there a way to test the "back" button functionality, maybe on an android device? Guess I'll just give it a shot and find out.
    Anyone else encountering JS errors at build time? I may have to try a different app and see if I get a different result.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I just finished a video series on tizen from installing the SDK to publishing to testing using the emulator. It's a two part series and the second part is rendering out now once that is done I will upload it to my YouTube and post both part in a thread on the forum should be in about 30 minutes from now.
  • Even though I had the JS errors in the Tizen IDE, it submitted to Tizen store ok, I'll let you guys know if it goes through.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    I just finished a video series on tizen from installing the SDK to publishing to testing using the emulator. It's a two part series and the second part is rendering out now once that is done I will upload it to my YouTube and post both part in a thread on the forum should be in about 30 minutes from now.
    You the Man
  • Back button function does not appear to work on Andriod btw. Not that it was designed to, just out of curiousity thought I would try it.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    I was busy as heck at work this week when FryingBaconStudios messaged me telling me the good news and the low down. I go to check the email, when I see that Tizen wants to Rescue Bacon! as well. Very nice. Incentive good!
  • 777ideas.com777ideas.com Member, PRO Posts: 895
    Hi Guys,
    Couple days ago we got a message about this promo from GS. And also, we found the next message:
    "Your games were recently scored by appbackr, and our friends at Tizen are prepared to offer you the following incentives -- all you have to do is publish it to this exciting new platform!"
    And our game can get $700 incentives. What does that mean? Can somebody provide more information on that?

Thanks
    Read the info and the links in the email.
  • 777ideas.com777ideas.com Member, PRO Posts: 895
    Sorry, but there is only one link in the email to Cookbook Tutorial where there is not any information about incentives funds. That is why my question remain the same:
    What does that mean - getting extra incentives? Can somebody provide more information on that?

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    Awesome, can't wait to see them. Excellent effort, FryingBaconStudios. :)
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    Hi Guys,
    Couple days ago we got a message about this promo from GS. And also, we found the next message:
    "Your games were recently scored by appbackr, and our friends at Tizen are prepared to offer you the following incentives -- all you have to do is publish it to this exciting new platform!"
    And our game can get $700 incentives. What does that mean? Can somebody provide more information on that?

Thanks
    Ya it is not very well defined. Who pays us gamesalad? Tizan? Appbackr? It also says until funds run out, what funds? how much funds? When will we get these funds and is it a guaranteed fund? Do we need to do something to make this happen?

I had no interest in Tizen but my email says around $4000 in extra incentives so i might consider. Any info would be great
    Sorry, but there is only one link in the email to Cookbook Tutorial where there is not any information about incentives funds. That is why my question remain the same:
    What does that mean - getting extra incentives? Can somebody provide more information on that?

Why is it people miss what is right in front of them? Go to the main GS page and click the banner that says tizen promotion.

Here I'll do the work for you.

http://gamesalad.com/blog/gamesalads-tizen-promotion

Don't forget to click the "terms and conditions" URL link for further info.
  • eliteappseliteapps Member, PRO Posts: 47

It means potentially getting more money to upload and publish your app on Tizen. It seems your app is rated from its current publication and the higher the rating the more you will be paid to publish it on Tizen. This could be as high as $1750 for a single app but from what others are posting here $500 to $700 is more typical for a good rating
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    I've made better games than some of the ones they rated but here's what I got;

8.8 for Jumbo Egg Hunt
    9.9 for Lightspeed Bit Bit
    9 for Saving Bunnies

Looks like I need to dedicate a work day or two to check out Tizen publishing.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• eliteappseliteapps Member, PRO Posts: 47
    I've made better games than some of the ones they rated but here's what I got;

8.8 for Jumbo Egg Hunt
    9.9 for Lightspeed Bit Bit
    9 for Saving Bunnies

Looks like I need to dedicate a work day or two to check out Tizen publishing.

Do you know how the ratings they have given you relate to the incentive payments. So for example a rating of 9 means what in terms of incentive payment or don't they tell you that
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Yea they list the incentive amount next to the rating and game name.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store