Tizen publishing support.

Comments

• slowcutslowcut Member, PRO Posts: 164
    @LumpApps and @part12studios, to install the .dmg you have to go to system preferences/Security&Privacy and allow Apps downloaded from anywhere...

but does anyone managed to generate a valid .wgt in GS Publishing?
    I have tried several times, all I get when I click download is a 1.3 MB .wgt (and this is definitely to small) and it does not work. When I try to run in in the Emulator, there is only a spinning wheel of death for hours, and when I try tu build my Project, it does´t work either (1 error and 520 warnings).

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the TizenIDE stuff several times, but it is always the same, I followed the Instructions on GS Cookbook to set up Tizen IDE step by step, but it won´t work...

If there is anyone who had managed it, it would be nice if he or she would explain the magic trick

By the way, generating a .wgt file with nightly builds will take ages, with regular GS it will be done in seconds, but unfortunately not a working .wgt
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    edited December 2013
    I am on mavericks too. I guess I will have to wait then...
    edit:
    @slowcut How stupid am I. I knew this :) Thanks man. Just one of those days...
  • part12studiospart12studios Member Posts: 620
    edited December 2013
    I hate to harp on this subject, but seriously, no one seems to be talking about the big fat EULA they ask for in the Tizen Profile.

I dont' know if everyone else went to EULA class and I slept in or something, but what is everyone doing about this? Is there a template EULA that GS endorses? I've searched in the forum and only my inquires seem to be coming up about this recent development.

I have a thread out on the forum about this, but seems to be getting little traction so I'm going to take it into here.

I realize there are some generic / template ones out there, but I would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable posting on that GS endorses because I don't know enough legal jargon to know if my EULA would be accurate / appropriate and cover whatever they want it to include or leave out.
    @panrt12studios I skip the EULA thing, I think it is more important to get some proper .wgt and then I may think about the EULA, or I leave it blank like the description and other unnecessary stuff. Are you able tu build a .wgt file from your projects? I failed
  • tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    @slowcut That worked, you are a miracle worker!
    @tylerglessner now its your turn, tell me the magic trick how to get a valid widget-file,
    I spend the whole day and it is very frustrating, and I want to cash my 10 points score
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    @slowcut I followed the instructions on the first page of this post from codewizard and it worked just fine.
    @mounted88 I have done this the whole day, but all I get is an error and 520 warnings
    @slowcut Oh then I have no idea. Did you remove any specific things like game enter or IAP stuff? Those might throw errors.
  • tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    Yeah, tried to build and this is what I get:

Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder 'Web Widget Builder' on project 'LightTheWay'.
    Error occurred while signing the widget.
    Both an author and a first distributor must be required. Please check your profile infomation.
    Error occurred while signing the widget.
    Both an author and a first distributor must be required. Please check your profile infomation.
    @mounted88 I have removed all apple stuff like Game Center, IAP and so on, implemented the back-button behavior and have a proper clean version ready for Tizen... I have already checked in and send my company paperworks to them and actually I am ready to send them my game, but I would like to test in in some kind of way, I have no Tizen-device and the emulator does not show any results. So I don´t know what to do. When I build my unsigned .wgt I get a lot of warnings and an error, but I also get a signed .wgt. But I don´t know if it works and so I hesitate to send it to the Tizen-review.
    If anyone has already send his game to them and gets approved, it would be nice to share the experience and workflow. Thx
    @slowcut I got a couple warnings but since I don't have a device nither I sent it and will report back what they say or if it' gets approved.
    @mounted88 that is a perfect plan. I will do exactly the same because it is too boring to figure out the whole stuff and I don´t want to deal with it anymore. I will send them my .wgt and when its fine I am happy and if not I will deal with it later
    edited December 2013
    @slowcut yes that totally worked for me as well regarding the install.. i have signed an app but i too and it got a ton of errors (see report below)

Also something i discovered. don't have any non alpha-numeric characters in your games title.. my game "Klouds+" had an extra error that "Klouds" did not..

here is my error file.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xu8dxe1j2zoczsi/klouds - tizen error report.rtf
    @part12studios I have exact the same error messages,but I don´t care anymore...

now I have to wait till my commercial distribution request has passed the Tizen-guys and then I will submit the first of my apps.

Hope everything will work fine and I get the three month pro and the cash incentive for the score of 10 and then I will buy me something nice for xmas
  • mikelowemikelowe Member Posts: 177
    This is very ambitious and also fairly random. Reminds me a lot of the brief partnership between GameSalad and Kiip.
    edited December 2013
    I've submitted the three games I got emailed about to the Tizen's app store.. now to find out if they still get rejected for no back button support..

Slightly off topic, I recently did a Nokia WP8 app challenge to win a free phone and came to realize that WP8 does have some interesting specific behaviors they expect the back button to do for games that is different than apps. I used Construct 2 for the challenge and had to use a 3rd party plugin to access the WP8 back button.

It would be cool if GS could do something like that. A behavior we could call on that would fire off the right conditions for the Tizen back button. I just wonder if they have more back button requirements than just quit..

WP8 requires that while In-Game the back button is a pause / unpause and in the pause state the game needs a menu for options (resume / quit to main menu). Now that I know this, I can see why perhaps GS was a little concerned about supporting WP8, although with Tizen requiring back button support as well, it does raise the question of really addressing back button devices with a long term solution. Hopefully though it doesn't take too long to address.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    @part12studios, did you follow these instructions in the cookbook for the back button?

Tizen apps must support a logical action in response to the hardware “back” button. The default OS action if you do nothing is to exit the app. If your game has multiple scenes, you should respond to the back button by navigating logically back through menus, level select screens, etc. Repeatedly pressing back should eventually return you to a “home” screen, such as a main menu or title screen. Finally, pressing back from this home screen should do the default action. To respond to the back button, add a Rule with a condition like: Actor receives event: key “back” is down Type “back” without quotation marks in the key field manually (you won’t find it on the keyboard UI popup). Within the rule, you will likely use Change Scene or Unpause Game as appropriate. For a simple design, there should be an actor with this kind of rule on every scene except your home screen. With no “back” rule on the home screen, the back button will do the default OS action.
    @jonmulcahy no i didn't catch this. i will goback and fix. thanks for bringing it to my attention. Such a long thread.. i wonder if a specific sticky thread would be useful since this will impact every Tizen user.

Thanks!
    Caleb
    @jonmulcahy no i didn't catch this. i will goback and fix. thanks for bringing it to my attention. Such a long thread.. i wonder if a specific sticky thread would be useful since this will impact every Tizen user.

Thanks!
    Caleb
    yea i only found it by accident, I was looking for something else and it caught my eye. I'm planning on submitted a few projects over the next few days, but first gotta go back and implement the back button, which is going to pretty much always take you to the main menu, and then exit. :)
    edited December 2013
    yea that's my plan.. i submitted 3 but i'll just resubmit asap.. thanks again :)

Also, as far as I can tell once you submit you can't cancel and cue up.. so when you upload be sure you've done it right.

The back button seemed easy enough to address. Hopefully It works right. Not having a physical phone to test with sucks.

Has anyone tried using the emulator? Does it work and if so how do you fire it up?
  • ShadowMoonShadowMoon Member Posts: 146
    Is anyone able to clarify what this 'BACK' button issue actually is?

i.e. - do we need to have a visible on-screen touchable button in each scene which leads back to our menu/home scene?

Or:
    Does the rule described in the GS Cookbook need to be hidden in a actor on every scene - and if so, does the rule (key "back" is down) actually detect the hardware input on tizen devices?
    good question, can anyone answer this?
    i think the back button is a physical button the device. you need a rule that tells what to do when someone hits it.

i.e. hit it and it bring you back to the main menu
  • ShadowMoonShadowMoon Member Posts: 146
    edited December 2013
    what would it do when you hit the "back" button on the main menu? it will exit the app?

oh Wait!!!

With no “back” rule on the home screen(main menu, or title), the back button will do the default OS action. "The default OS action if you do nothing is to exit the app."

PS: i think i get it. so when you in the scene. you press back button it will bring back to the main menu, but in the main menu if you press back(no rule in it) again it will exit the app.
  • colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    I generated a .wgt file and got a ton of warnings an error like others have been saying but I can not find the new file. The Cookbook says "The IDE will generate a new .wgt file under the new project directory" can someone tell me where this is?
    @colander when you first started the TizenIDE you were asked to set up your workspace.
    Browse to this folder and there you will find a folder named after your game. There you can find your signed .wgt (with all the errors, but who cares?)
  • colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    @slowcut I looked in that folder but it wasn't there. It was giving a signing error so I red the security profile and this time it worked and the file was in the folder. Thanks for your help.
  • I am curious as to which games people have been rated well on from Tizen and received an email from GS. I would like to see some of them and see what people have been building in GS.
    - working on getting my app ready for Tizen now... wish me luck! I'll report back any issues and see if we can't get the steps all working for everyone!
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    @mattrouse1 To be completely honest. Some of the ones that scored highest for me I was pretty well shocked. Some of my worst scored better than some of my best. For example, the first game I built in GS (which in my opinion sucked) scored quite a bit higher than some of what I think were far better.

Not complaining though. If they wanna pay me to upload, that is fine by me.
  • ashtmjashtmj Member, PRO Posts: 405
    edited December 2013
    Did anyone else have issues requesting Commercial Seller Status? every time time I try to send my request (linked to paypal) it just bumps me right back to the same page only reset to requesting payment via bank account :( I can't seem to solve it or find a email address to ask for help

Thanks
    -Ash