Version 0.10.4 is now live!

Comments

• ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    edited September 2013
    Camera is upside down in 10.4 on device but rightside up on Mac. What the heck!? Please fix this! More specifically, it seems to be that camera.rotation is reversed, but only on device, not on Mac? Why??? This screws up a lot of my math. :(
  • DeepBayGamesDeepBayGames Member Posts: 93
    Supersonic9120 said: "I am getting the same thing, when spawning new actors the position is around 50 pixels to the left rather than where it is intended to spawn. I have not spoken to support yet."

@Supersonic9120 Does your spawned actor have tiling? I've determined that the problematic actors in my game, all have a specific type of tiling. The Horizontal Wrap is in Stretch mode and the Vertical Wrap is in Tile mode. When I change the Vertical Wrap to stretch mode, then drag new instances into the scene, the issue is resolve. I can not do this for my game as I need the tiling, however, I'm hoping that this helps the GS team with trouble shooting.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Camera is upside down in 10.4 on device but rightside up on Mac. What the heck!? Please fix this! More specifically, it seems to be that camera.rotation is reversed, but only on device, not on Mac? Why??? This screws up a lot of my math. :(
    You referring to this issue?
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/60237/scene-camera-rotation-is-broke#latest
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    @CodeWizard

Did you guys change something with camera.rotation or scene orientation or something? Lots of my angle calculations are now different. vectorToAngle is returning different results it's almost as if the scene origin has changed or maybe the values are inverted? Up is down / down is up?? I'm still trying to figure out what's going on. Vector math is broken in some formulas. :( It works on desktop, doesn't work on device.
  • Supersonic9120Supersonic9120 Member, PRO Posts: 174
    @DeepBayGames I will check out the tiling, since you are correct it is on spawned actors that are tiled. Unfortunately I also need the tiling for this game. I'll play around with it tonight.
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    We have a fix for the rotation issue incoming.
  • bricksingllcbricksingllc Member Posts: 44
    Still waiting for an initial response from support on the in-app purchase error scene only problem, but figured I'd post an update here. The game's only in-app purchase (which is non-consumable) worked perfectly on iOS 6 with a 10.3 build (before iOS 7's release), but all attempts to get it working in GS 10.4 under both iOS 6 and 7 result in only ever getting the error scene without ever getting the sandbox login dialog.

Strangely enough, another of my games with several in-app purchases of both consumable and non-consumable types works flawlessly under 10.4.

If anyone else is still seeing this, please chime in with your specifics.
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    @bricksingllc I am not sure on this but have seen a lot of people talking about non alphanumeric characters are an issue. So if you have 'levelUp' that's ok but 'level-up' or 'level_up' would throw an error for example.
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @ORBZ I can confirm the same problem with the camera.rotation being reversed. It drove me nuts but wanted to investigate further before writing a post. The strange thing is that it works fine in creator but once you test on an ad hoc everything is reversed on the device. I was going to play around with the math to see if there is a work around but since @CodeWizard has a fix I will just wait. Cheers ;-)
  • games4fungames4fun Member Posts: 185
    Anyone know how to add Amazon In-app purchases to there game?

When I go to the publishing screen on gamesalad and under android build it doesn't have any settings under the Service Configuration for In-App Purchases.
  • okpcokpc Member Posts: 53
    i can't edit the scene.Camera.Origin.X since Version 0.10.4
    @CodeWizard
    edited September 2013
    I get this bug on Andriod game.
    (it solved)
    (Sorry I found it is work fine, the failed because I locked the layer scrollable)
    @CodeWizard
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    edited September 2013
    @BlackCloakGS - A question on how to best handle memory with how GS now works in 0.10.4, or will work from 0.11.0 onwards:

Is spawning and destroying an efficient way of using memory? It used to be advised that recycling actors in many cases was a better option. Is that old advice from old versions of GS?

So an example would be a beat 'em up where you have multiple hazards on screen. Each time you attack one a hit counter appears showing how much damage you did to that hazard. Spawning and destroying a small 32x32 or 16x16 actor would be the most convenient/easy way of doing this.

A player might generate a few hundred of these if playing for 10 mins. Would the destroy behavior be reclaiming that memory each time?

Or would you still recommend recycling the same actors for this kind of use?
  • bajashbajash Member, PRO Posts: 215
    Anyone having problems with their splash screen. Mine opens up fine and then distorts. Anyone know why?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Anyone having problems with their splash screen. Mine opens up fine and then distorts. Anyone know why?
    I submitted a bug that they verified and have it on their todo list. I only saw it on portrait universal apps, and only on the ipad.
  • 512bit512bit Member Posts: 5
    Same problem here. It seems to only happen on iPads running iOS 7.
  • williamt2706williamt2706 Member, PRO Posts: 85
    seems very unstable built
  • SIM720SIM720 Member Posts: 1
    Any update for the windows release please. I know it's due and your moving but really need the windows version out.
  • SpinachSaladSpinachSalad Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 12
    @lebiscuit, if you are referring to the functionality in dirty/nightly where an actor's visible flag can be changed from false to true, that fix was not made in 0.10.4. If your problem is something else, can you please clarify or contact customer support.
    @jonmulcahy thanks for reporting the splash screen bug. I wanted to make sure it was reported to the GS team ... I only saw it on portrait universal apps on iPad only as well.

Also there is one other issue I wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing it. I read a few posts about about Apple IAP but I thought it was sorted. I am having a problem with my ad hoc after packaging it with version 0.10.4 when you click on the IAP item it always errors on IOS 7. The same App packaged with 0.10.3 has no problems. I will wait till 0.10.4a is out then do some more testing. If anyone else is having this issue it would be good to know ... Cheers
    @neman, yes, I have reported this IAP error scene only issue on this thread and another in addition to reporting it to support on Monday. I still haven't gotten any reply from support (despite being Pro and their 24 hour promise), but based on what others have said and the fact my other games' IAP under a different Apple ID work fine it seems that we are in a minority on this issue and it is not a widespread problem. That said, it is definitely happening to a few of us.
  • bajashbajash Member, PRO Posts: 215
    I am trying to upload for publishing right now and can not connect. I am getting this message:

JSON decoding error.

What is this?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I am trying to upload for publishing right now and can not connect. I am getting this message:

JSON decoding error.

What is this?
    probably server maintenance or it went down. I got the same thing.
    @neoman What specific error are you receiving? Have you signed out and into iTunes from Settings? We have not be able to reproduce the error you are describing. If this does not work, the please feel free to msg me via the Support mechanism and include your zipped project and what triggers the the IAP action. Attention me. Please and thank you.
    @neoman. Another thing you can try is to remove the previous behavior and re-add the IAP behavior. And republish. This should address the issue. If not, apply suggested course mentioned above.
    edited September 2013
    @neoman What specific error are you receiving? Have you signed out and into iTunes from Settings? We have not be able to reproduce the error you are describing. If this does not work, the please feel free to msg me via the Support mechanism and include your zipped project and what triggers the the IAP action. Attention me. Please and thank you.

@SpinachSalad, I know you were answering @neoman, but I wanted to point out that I put in a support request Monday on this IAP issue and have not heard back. I have already tried your suggestion to @neoman about deleting behavior and re-adding. No dice. Same result, no matter what, a purchase attempt with one of my existing games always goes to the error scene without ever prompting for the Apple user login. And yes, I am logged out of the iTunes Store on the device. What is odd, however, is that a restore purchases request works on this game as I can restore the previous purchase with my sandbox test user. Furthermore, testing this 10.4 compiled game on an iOS 6 device results in the same problem - it always goes to the error scene. This game's IAP worked fine on 10.3 under iOS 6 and the code has not changed.

One final note, I have several other games I have rebuilt under 10.4 with many IAP's and they all work just fine. So, I don't know what is the issue with this one project.
    @bricksingllc
    We are powering though tickets as quickly as possible. For the record I am QA and while SilentBob handles CS, I am assisting him. So if your ticket has been misplaced or not answered yet, please do understand that we are deeply interested in assisting everyone.
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    Just curious was 10.4 supposed to have boolean table comparisons in the Rules? If not is that going to be in 11? I was almost certain I saw something about this being in the nightlys.
    edited September 2013
    @SpinachSalad Thank you for getting back to me and pointing me in the right direction. My bad I was not paying attention when I was testing on IOS 7. I didn't log out of iTunes on my iPad. I was not getting an error when I click the IPA item it was just failing and going to the error scene. I repackaged the ad hoc and tested. All is working as expected on IOS 6 and IOS 7. Once again thank you.

@bricksingllc Thank you for sharing your problem with me. I can verify that my IAP works as expected on IOS 6 and IOS 7 on my ad hoc as you can see above. Creator 10.4a is out now. I recommend you republish your problematic game and test IAP again. Good luck ... ;-)