Version 0.10.4 is now live!

Comments

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183
    i just test my game ad hoc in my ipad, it didnt crash but all the background images didnt show up and the splash screen appears like stretched. it worked better even in ios7 before i publish with 10.4

i still dont update to xcode5, could that be the problem? or anyone its having similar issues? also my load behaviors arent working, and in ios6 they was...
  • darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243
    i just test my game ad hoc in my ipad, it didnt crash but all the background images didnt show up and the splash screen appears like stretched. it worked better even in ios7 before i publish with 10.4

i still dont update to xcode5, could that be the problem? or anyone its having similar issues? also my load behaviors arent working, and in ios6 they was...
    I'm not that technically minded but my app works fine and I'm using xcode 5. Perhaps you could try upgrading xcode 5 as I thought it was required with iOS7. I also installed the latest version of Command Line Tools.
  • hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183
    thanks darrelf

i will update that and see if that was the problem.
  • lebiscuitlebiscuit Member, PRO Posts: 220
    hi @BlackCloakGS & @CodeWizard

very cool update i was waiting for iOS 7 Support
    there is a small but for me, it's the visible = false at runtime

not working,
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @blackcloakgs did this update also get the android fixes that where causing the app to not detect the device screen size?
  • YoRoosterYoRooster Member Posts: 159
    Awesome work people! Can't wait to get home to update my game <:-P
  • MichaelK1985MichaelK1985 Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2013
    I get this message.

Bundle Identifier may only contain uppercase or lowercase letters ('A' through 'Z'), numbers, and hyphens ('-').

But my Bundle Identifier only contains lowercase and 1 (-) and two dots. That's possible right? Why the error?

When you edit it and take the hyphens - out it works.
    But all my Identifiers use the - sign.
  • 512bit512bit Member Posts: 5
    I'm also getting the bundle ID issue:

"Bundle Identifier . Individual bundle identifer levels may only start with uppercase or lowercase letters ('A' through 'Z')"

I have a bundle identifer level that starts with a number... Can't update my apps...

Please help!!
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    edited September 2013
    Hi there - I have fixed my problem with optimisation. The "Terminated due to Memory Pressure" issue was fired when I had 350MB of PNG 24Bit images in use. I have reduced that to half the size with PNG 8Bit images in place for stage zoom animations. It is now working. This was not an issue in any other build previous however and was pretty smooth on a 3GS even. So I am not sure where the error would come from given we are going up in the world and have more and more power to play with and yet this update seems to be hanging on too much memory usage - could it just be the viewer? Or it is the whole app - that seems like a lot of memory used up for a few animations and some GS blocks.

I am trying to do as much of this simple game in one scene which is faster as there are no scene changes but there is a critical error here that was not previously an issue.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I also got the

Bundle Identifier . Individual bundle identifer levels may only start with uppercase or lowercase letters ('A' through 'Z')

my bundle id is 1to100, it seems to be a recent change, i published a version of the app on the 12th
  • MarcoColMarcoCol Member, PRO Posts: 279
    I've the same problem with the Bundle ID.
    I use only small and big characters, the "-" and of course points "."!
    Thanks a lot for the update, but I can't update any of my apps, because of the problem with the Bundle ID...
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Great job GS team! I had complete confidence in you folks. I see you burned the midnight oil on some of this and that fills me with even more gratitude and confidence in how dedicated you are! I know most of the hard work you've been doing has been mostly behind the scenes and didn't lead to any fan fair but AI know going forward that work will be most fruitful going forward. You did what needed to be done and took the heat for it and stayed on track without apology. @codewizard this reinforces to me what a solid leader you are! Only a true leader has the courage to do what is right and stick to it and not bend to outside pressure. Most people don't realize how hard this is to do. Props dude!
  • FrazzleFrazzle Member Posts: 223
    Thank you for FINALLY fixing the 1-pixel gap bug I've had on my game for ages.
  • SirioGarciaSirioGarcia Member Posts: 52
    Good job! @CodeWizard and GS Team.... This is a good news!! •Ω•
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,069
    The bundle identifier problems should be fixed.

We missed a few of the differences when trying to merge the bundle identifier code for Android and iOS. This was an attempt to make sure Android users also has a wider range of valid bundle identifiers. Please let us know if you run into any other problem with bundle identifiers and paste in the examples! That way I can add them to our test suite to make sure we don't run into the same errors.
  • 68kStudios68kStudios Member Posts: 219
    edited September 2013
    The bundle identifier problems should be fixed.

We missed a few of the differences when trying to merge the bundle identifier code for Android and iOS. This was an attempt to make sure Android users also has a wider range of valid bundle identifiers. Please let us know if you run into any other problem with bundle identifiers and paste in the examples! That way I can add them to our test suite to make sure we don't run into the same errors.
    @adent42 , now shows this error:

Bundle Identifier . Individual bundle identifer levels may only start with uppercase or lowercase letters ('A' through 'Z')

My bundle id starts with a lowercase letter...I think that the problem is the "-" again, because without it works fine.

• gamesfuagamesfua Member Posts: 723
    Im getting this error when trying to publish...

"There is something wrong with our servers. Contact us and reference publish request [85d875bc-a293-451e-81ca-7bc1a4f41b05]."
  • MarcoColMarcoCol Member, PRO Posts: 279
    For me the same. And I can also confirm, that if I delete (just for test) the "-", I didn't get a message. But inserting will bring me back the red message...
    And quick question is Xcode 5 a requirement for ios 7 apps? Thanks!
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @anatomyofdreams I got the same error a few times when I was publishing. It looks like the publishing servers are busy. I just uploaded my project again then generated my app and all was good after that ...
    @anatomyofdreams I would recommend using Xcode 5 ;-)
    @neoman thanks! I'll try again
    As for Xcode 5 you said you "recommend" it. But is it actually required? This would mean I have to upgrade to Mountain Lion and potentially lose some applications like Final Cut Pro 7.
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,069
    @Prisma_Comunicazione your bundle identifier should be okay now.
    @anatomyofdreams you caught us in the middle of setting up another publishing server to handle the extra load! as @neoman said, you should be fine now.
    @Prisma_Comunicazione your bundle identifier should be okay now.
    yes, now it works, thanks ;)
    @anatomyofdreams try again without upgrading to Xcode 5 and see how you go. I am not sure if it is required but it would be best practice to use the latest Xcode recommended by Apple. You are more likely not to have issues with the latest version as well. In my experience if you contact any IT Support the first thing they recommend is to upgrade the software then if that does not work they troubleshoot the problem after that ;-)
    edited September 2013
    GS team, I've noticed a cosmetic kind of bug on my game running on iOS7 (I've only been able to test the retina iPAD on iOS7). My iOS 6 iPad 2 is fine.

When I tap an in-app purchase, the screen doesn't fully dim. Only about 2/3rds of the screen dims (the right hand third doesn't). I've tested a different game on the iPad retina which I've been building in the latest nightly build of creator and that one is fine i.e. the entire screen dims.

Just in case it's relevant, the 10.4 build that doesn't fully dim is landscape, the nightly build that does is portrait.

Not a huge deal as the game and in-apps work brilliantly thanks to your hard work :-) - it just looks weird...

Could this be a 10.4 creator minor issue?
    @neoman thanks! I'll try again
    As for Xcode 5 you said you "recommend" it. But is it actually required? This would mean I have to upgrade to Mountain Lion and potentially lose some applications like Final Cut Pro 7.
    I have Lion too, so I'am working without Xcode 5. Now my games works fine on iOS 7 (tested adhoc builds on my iPad 3), so I don't think is really required...
    @Prisma_Comunicazione THANK YOU! You're a life saver. Here's for hoping it does work. Mountain Lion- for what I do- is just not an option.
    GS team, I've noticed a cosmetic kind of bug on my game running on iOS7 (I've only been able to test the retina iPAD on iOS7). My iOS 6 iPad 2 is fine.

When I tap an in-app purchase, the screen doesn't fully dim. Only about 2/3rds of the screen dims (the right hand third doesn't). I've tested a different game on the iPad retina which I've been building in the latest nightly build of creator and that one is fine i.e. the entire screen dims.

Just in case it's relevant, the 10.4 build that doesn't fully dim is landscape, the nightly build that does is portrait.

Not a huge deal as the game and in-apps work brilliantly thanks to your hard work :-) - it just looks weird...

Could this be a 10.4 creator minor issue?
    @CodeWizard I'm still learning how to use the forums effectively. Perhaps I should always add a GS @ name when asking questions? Let me know if I should send an email to request support instead.
    Cheers!
  • ClockClock Member Posts: 308
    detecting android screen size is still not working!!!!!!!!!