Version 0.10.4 is now live!

Comments

• LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Awesome!

But I cant find the stretch option, Is it just the lateness of the hour or has it just not been added?

Cheers,

Jack
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Awesome!

But I cant find the stretch option, Is it just the lateness of the hour or has it just not been added?

Cheers,

Jack
    Was it mentioned in the release info? Don't think it's even in the nightlies yet.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    Stretch is in the nightlies. It's just not in the viewer yet or an option when publishing. It's only available in Creator
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    Nice. First release I've touched in years :)
  • gamesfuagamesfua Member Posts: 723
    @codewizard I can confirm @xrevgames problem is mine as well. Images (especially 1136x640) are not centered anymore. They're off by about 2 or so pixels, which causes the reveal of the game border. This appears to be a bug. Creator and viewer don't show this.
    This may seem strange but my random counter seems to not be acting so random either. It seems to constantly pick the same value, even with a change attribute reset back to 0 before its fired. Not sure if thatsa. Bug or not.
    Thanks!
    So far, outside of that its holding up! :)
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    "Terminated due to Memory Pressure" discussion.

In regards to my new game crashing and figuring out it was due to GS loading 350MB+ of images into memory

The whole library of images is less than 1MB (895KB) when optimised - but it pushes out over 200MB of images now with optimised art - doesn't crash with this amount however?

Does decompressing to display have such a massive effect?

For you guys who build games in one scene - it seems like this could be an issue.

One of the things I have had to do also is bring on my animations - sit them there waiting on stage so they load all the images for when they animate, I then change x & y, they are then buttery smooth - animate once then destroyed. Otherwise they are jerky as hell while loading images and trying animate them at the same time.

So this means I have my level transitions all sitting there. 4 x 27 frames of animation each is 108 png files to load just for scene transitions alone.

If I can be doing this any better and more efficiently I am open to suggestions :)

Thanks, M@
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    Well am i correct in saying the amazon in app is added to add in app
    Can IAP & Platform - * be used as a free member?
    It appears so, but i can not confirm.
  • hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183
    in my game the background image wont display, I thought it was because i didnt update to xcode 5, but now i updated and the image still dont display... the actor size its 60,000 and the image its tiled (when i made the actor smaller the image its displayed, but when its a lot big it doenst) the game its already in the appstore and with the previous (10.3) the images have no problems...

if i dont update the game, it crash... if i update it have no background.
  • mizepark@gmail.commizepark@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 19
    Question....
    I found "in app purchase" option in behavior tab.
    Is this moved from Pro version?
    Can i use in app purchase even if free user?????

Please let me know.....
  • MSEagle2MSEagle2 Member, PRO Posts: 98
    Question....

Please let me know.....
    I am fairly certain that all users can use in apps for amazon's app store, but only pros can use if for apples.
  • TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    @mizepark
    Please read the description that appears when you select either Action :) (beside the Behaviours Library, to the right).
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    @codewizard I can confirm @xrevgames problem is mine as well. Images (especially 1136x640) are not centered anymore.
    Has this been reported as a bug?

All of my updates to iOS7 from will have to be submitted again once it is fixed!

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243
    @codewizard I can confirm @xrevgames problem is mine as well. Images (especially 1136x640) are not centered anymore.

All of my updates to iOS7 from will have to be submitted again once it is fixed!

@lycettebros I've sent an email to GS Support - my images have shifted by a couple of pixels and are no longer as sharp on the iPad2.
    I've sent them 10.3 and 10.4 screenshots to illustrate the change...
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

Disappointed. All my games even after having republished with GS 10.4 still crashed in iOS 7 when pausing the game. What do I do now?

Disappointed. All my games even after having republished with GS 10.4 still crashed in iOS 7 when pausing the game. What do I do now?
    After double checking my rules and logic, I would send an email to GS Support with step by step details on how to reproduce.

Does it happen on pause or unpause? My pause and unpause works perfectly in iOS7 using 10.4 so double check your logic. Maybe also try building a new simple game and testing that before emailing support

After double checking my rules and logic, I would send an email to GS Support with step by step details on how to reproduce.

Does it happen on pause or unpause? My pause and unpause works perfectly in iOS7 using 10.4 so double check your logic. Maybe also try building a new simple game and testing that before emailing support

Hi @darrelf the problem happens when I unpause the game. I've checked the rules and logic. Nothing wrong with it. Before updating to iOS 7 no such problem occurred. I have sent emails to GS support before. But I think they've been inundated with a lot of emails I think my email to them won't really matter. Very disappointing.

@darrelf you might want to try on your game this way. while your game is running, pause it. Now bring up the multi dock by double pressing the home button. Just slide through the apps that appear. Go back to your game. Unpause. Game will crash.

@darrelf you might want to try on your game this way. while your game is running, pause it. Now bring up the multi dock by double pressing the home button. Just slide through the apps that appear. Go back to your game. Unpause. Game will crash.
    @izam I've tried this on my iPad2 iOS6 and it works fine for me. I can't try my iPad4 iOS7 until later tonight.

Is this the only time it crashes i.e. when using the multi dock? Or does it also crash when you simply unpause whilst in the game?
    edited September 2013
    @darrelf I just noticed the game crashed even when I don't do the multi dock thing. The game also crashed even when not using pause or unpause, just simply going to another scene will crash the game.
    @darrelf I just noticed the game crashed even when I don't do the multi dock thing. The game also crashed even when not using pause or unpause, just simply going to another scene will crash the game.
    @izam I would start a brand new simple project with some simple scene changes. Try an adhoc of that. As the forum isn't filled with people saying their game crashes with 10.4, I suspect it's your project.

Perhaps you could also try downloading Creator again. Good luck!

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

@lycettebros I've sent an email to GS Support - my images have shifted by a couple of pixels and are no longer as sharp on the iPad2.
    I've sent them 10.3 and 10.4 screenshots to illustrate the change...
    Great thanks @darrelf.
  • sebmacflysebmacfly Member Posts: 1,018
    "The bundle is invalid"

Can you fix this please?

Just updated my last post :
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/60212/bundle-identifier-problem-when-publishing

Thanks
  • artfishartfish Member, PRO Posts: 369
    Question....

Please let me know.....
    I am fairly certain that all users can use in apps for amazon's app store, but only pros can use if for apples.
    Even if that's true, you won't be able to publish to 'droid unless you're Pro, so....
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Question....

Please let me know.....
    Even if that's true, you won't be able to publish to 'droid unless you're Pro, so....
    it's true for google play / nook, but Kindle Fire publishing is available to everyone now.
  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    hey guys, if there are bug you guys are finding with the 0.10.4 please report them through our bug tracking system. It makes it easier for us to track them instead of hunting thought the forms.
    Thanks
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    I am encountering an issue with the random function in the particles color change duration.

In the past this would cause a particle to choose its lifetime from random(x,y) at the start and fade out accordingly in a smooth fashion.

in 10.4 this causes a flicker as it's always updating the fade to a new random x,y length.
    While kind of a cool effect, it should be a completely different setting so we can still have smooth random fades.
    I agree, I have this happening with Bunny Balls. When a level is finished I have stars spawning randomly and now they all flicker. Not a big problem but not really what I intended,
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Did someone say they only have 4 pro behaviors showing? Same for me. Tried quitting and opening but still the same. Anyone aware of a way to fix it?
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    @HoneyTribeStudios, I read here that the 'missing' pro behaviors are now in the regular behaviors list.
  • tylerglessnertylerglessner Member Posts: 246
    @izam I would start a brand new simple project with some simple scene changes. Try an adhoc of that. As the forum isn't filled with people saying their game crashes with 10.4, I suspect it's your project.

Perhaps you could also try downloading Creator again. Good luck!

I have the same problem now, but with the newest nightly build. In adhoc, the app always crashes when the scene changes