Version 0.10.4 is now live!

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    ok we have fix the status bar issue please republish your apps
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    edited September 2013
  • LittlePhoenixLittlePhoenix Member Posts: 42
    Thanks @BlackCloakGS Thought this might be a plist setting issue...can that be fixed on the publishing portal side? No status bar showing on my iOS 5.1 devices only iOS 7
  • artfishartfish Member, PRO Posts: 369
    @BlackCloakGS thanks for the hard work and late nights. Not to be a dick, but any idea when you'll have the next nightly up? ;)
  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    @artfish not sure soon though
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    Awesome.
  • LittlePhoenixLittlePhoenix Member Posts: 42
    Thanks for all the hard work over the last few days GS devs
    Status Bar issue fixed! Yay! time to submit my updates to iTunes connect!
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    edited September 2013
    Hi there team - updated GameSalad and also my certs and provs. Seems like that time of year. I have done some tests with the new build of the viewer on iOS and was initially a little dismayed as the game I am working on crashes the viewer in iOS 7 on my 4S - I have kept my 5 on iOS 6 for now - that works fine. My much larger game which is multi scene and has lots of graphics and actors and behaviours seems to be working flawlessly on the new version and in iOS 7 and is nice and smooth with a real solid consistent frame rate. I can not fault it in any way :)

But my casual game which is currently only one scene is crashing the whole viewer on load. Is there anything I can do to help you guys figure this out or is there anything you know that could be causing this? It seems like my much simpler project is causing issues.

The game builds, gets loaded to the phone, the phone then has the loading wheel which spins and then the viewer crashes to desktop and GameSalad looses the connection.

It's like the startup bug that many old games seem to have.

Any ideas or ways I can help solve this just let me know. Thanks, M@
  • gamesfuagamesfua Member Posts: 723
    Wait is xcode 5 a requirement for ios 7? Please say no. I'm on Lion and really don't want to upgrade.
  • MSEagle2MSEagle2 Member, PRO Posts: 98
    edited September 2013
    Few things I have noticed

1. iADs seems to not show up in adhoc. I see the boxes that say "ad here" or something like that when I use the viewer but they never show up in an installed ad-hoc build. Not going to test it live as I don't want to chance it. Playhaven works though.

resolved itself this morning...

2. iOS viewer is crashing randomly on app loads. Seems to usually happen if it has been open for more than 1-2 "viewings".

3. ad behaviors changes did NOT update in the objects in scenes. What I mean is I changed the prototype of an object that had an ad behavior in it (from 10.3) but when ads weren't working as I expected so I looked at the object in the scene. It was still "locked" (aka still using prototype) but once I unlocked it to be a unique it showed the OLD prototype. Upon hitting the revert to prototype it updated to the new version and worked as I expected it to. I hope that made sense...
    edited September 2013
    Okay - here is the error X-Code throws - "Terminated due to Memory Pressure"

And what is the 'Validate Project Settings' in Xcode? It's a warning with an auto fix on the viewer build.

I have just now tried updating the game with an intro screen - it gets to the intro screen ok now - so it is not crashing on launch - but on change to first scene it crashes. I have a large song in there. Thought that might be it, deleted it. No change. But what is making this 'Memory Pressure' thing perhaps?

Any ideas would be great :)

This game which I thought might be a process hog runs smoothish on the 3GS even. I am not sure what is causing this "Terminated due to Memory Pressure" error with GameSalad viewer. Not happening on latest builds of GS + viewer + Xcode on iOS6.

News update >

Okay I am updating my testing with this app and I have seen astronomical image use - it's gone all the way up to a 345MB.

Like woah I thought.

So as and when I can update this post I will. I have PNG 24 bit images animating. This could be the issue. All deducted from this massive image use issue I can see while using the viewer on my working iOS6 device.

Perhaps this is it.

This game is in it's early stages and optimisation has not been necessary but this game loads 340MB of images in to it and that seems to me to be right up there and is perhaps crashing the game and throwing "Terminated due to Memory Pressure".
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    edited September 2013
    Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue. My iPhone games published with 10.4 will not letter box properly on the iPad using IOS 7. They appear to work fine in creator but once the ad hoc is installed on the IOS 7 iPad overscan seems to take effect and the screen gets chopped. I selected letter box when I published the app. I have not tested using the 10.4 viewer. To overcome the problem I converted the apps to universal and all works as expected. I am not sure if this is a bug or not. Cheers ;-)
  • ClockClock Member Posts: 308
    can this version detect the screen size of Android phones?
    edited September 2013
    Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue. My iPhone games published with 10.4 will not letter box properly on the iPad using IOS 7. They appear to work fine in creator but once the ad hoc is installed on the IOS 7 iPad overscan seems to take effect and the screen gets chopped. I selected letter box when I published the app. I have not tested using the 10.4 viewer. To overcome the problem I converted the apps to universal and all works as expected. I am not sure if this is a bug or not. Cheers ;-)
    letterbox works fine on my ipad but I am doing a universal build, not just iPad...

edit: stopped reading halfway through and saw you did universal and it worked...I will check iPad only and edit back in my results

edit 2: re-reading this I am kinda confused. You are saying an iphone app isn't letterboxing on an ipad? an iphone app will display in that small box thing on an ipad...

anyways did a bunch of testing results:

universal ipad: letterbox works

universal iphone (3.5 and 4 inch) letterbox works

ipad only: letterbox works

iphone only on ipad: 1x and 2x features work as expected with proper letterbox - looks nearly identical as ipad version when using 2x

iphone only on iphone (3.5 and 4 inch): letterbox works

@BlackCloakGS

on top of what I listed above also found:

in iOS viewer, when you click recent games the list has a white background, and I am assuming the text is also white so...you can't see the build names.

ios 7 issue only, ios 6 with new viewer has correct list/text color
  • JayteeJaytee Member Posts: 79
    Nice work GS-team! But i ran into something quite strange. When i go into the "Pro Behaviours"-tab there's only 4 behaviours. "Open URL", "Show Banner", "Show More Games" and "Tweet Sheet". Why does this happen? And can it be fixed? :-?

- Jaytee
  • jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Any news for us Windows users? :)

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @Jaytee the game centre behaviours are under standard. I was confused as well. I think the GS team were kind enough to do this for people with pro accounts which just expired so they can fix their games ... Also I must add my games which did not work on 10.3 which I published with 10.1 are working fine on 10.4 so no need to rework .. . You Beauty !!! Thank you so much GS team ...
  • TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    edited September 2013
    Nice work GS-team! But i ran into something quite strange. When i go into the "Pro Behaviours"-tab there's only 4 behaviours. "Open URL", "Show Banner", "Show More Games" and "Tweet Sheet". Why does this happen? And can it be fixed? :-?

- Jaytee
    I haven't memorised the Pro behaviours, but if you check the Standard tab you'll find In App Purchase and Platform Actions there. Am I missing any other Pro features?

note: this is the first time in a long while that I've actually looked through the list one-by-one, not sure if they've always been there in the standard tab :)

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183

- Jaytee

they are in the standar section of behaviors now o.O
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    The applause/fireworks has gone!
    It is the end of an era.
  • squirrel42squirrel42 Member, PRO Posts: 195
    Thanks Gamesalad.
  • EireStudiosEireStudios Member Posts: 451
    @BlackCloakGS & @CodeWizard when will we see the ios 7 compatibly fix in the nightly build?
    @MSEagle2 I had that too - I redownloaded it and rebuilt it and that went away.
    @BlackCloakGS I am also getting the "Bundle Identifier may only contain uppercase or lowercase letters ('A' through 'Z'), numbers, and hyphens" error in the GS dashboard.

I have the number 4 in the bundle identifier which, when taken out, clears the error, but as stated in the error warning numbers are acceptable. Obviously I can't change the id at Apples end as it is a published game, what do I do?

Thanks in advance.
  • 68kStudios68kStudios Member Posts: 219
    @BlackCloakGS I am also getting the "Bundle Identifier may only contain uppercase or lowercase letters ('A' through 'Z'), numbers, and hyphens" error in the GS dashboard.

I have the number 4 in the bundle identifier which, when taken out, clears the error, but as stated in the error warning numbers are acceptable. Obviously I can't change the id at Apples end as it is a published game, what do I do?

Thanks in advance.
    Same for me, but my problem is a "-" in the bundle identifier.
    Fix please...

• joe_williamsjoe_williams Member, PRO Posts: 50
    can this version detect the screen size of Android phones?
    It would be terrific to be able to develop for Android platform efficiently. Opening the nightly build to run tests is a pain.
    @BlackCloakGS Actually the warning in the GS publishing dashboard states

"Bundle Identifier . Individual bundle identifer levels may only start with uppercase or lowercase letters ('A' through 'Z')", not mentioning numbers or hyphens.

This is not a restriction of Apples, please can you fix, still can't publish...

Thanks in advance