Updated GameSalad Roadmap - September/October 2011

Comments

• BlackbirdStudiosBlackbirdStudios Member Posts: 493
    Braydon_SFX said:
    Now, is this only for the 'pro' GS users? :-)

I would guess that at least the IAP and GC Achievements will be Pro.

LIKE us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter! :
    Blackbird Studios Facebook Page
    Blackbird Studios Twitter
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    BlackbirdStudios said:
    I would guess that at least the IAP and GC Achievements will be Pro.

Yep.

Go pro and you will never go back. IF you have good games you will make it back quickly anyway.
    Mammoth said:
    Yep.

Go pro and you will never go back. IF you have good games you will make it back quickly anyway.

Yep, like I said, when IAP and GCA are hear, I'm in :)

• arcticsunrisearcticsunrise Member Posts: 159
    0.9.8 would be a lovely update for a monday morning in grey uk - id love to wake up for that
    arcticsunrise said:
    0.9.8 would be a lovely update for a monday morning in grey uk - id love to wake up for that

Even though I'm not in the UK, I'd like to wake up to 9.8.0 as well :)

• MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Would be Awesome! Come on Gs team, bring us the update! :D
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    No, no, no... Don't rush them. You all know what happens when they are rushed.
    I just hope they involve more people in the testing, not the same who never catch half of the bugs.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    LordTarantor said:
    not the same who never catch half of the bugs.

Whoa hey easy there…. We have to take time off our projects to play with the new releases and cannot really just move up to the new version with our projects since we cannot publish with the pre-release. So take it easy on the hate pls. ;)
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    tenrdrmer said:
    Whoa hey easy there…. We have to take time off our projects to play with the new releases and cannot really just move up to the new version with our projects since we cannot publish with the pre-release. So take it easy on the hate pls. ;)

That's why more testers would be good. All of you sous chefs have your projects and it's not that easy to take some times off, but if more people are involved maybe some bugs can be avoided.

Let's be honest, there were some bugs that made through the final releases that were hard to miss :)

To help increase bug finding. Maybe Pro users should be allowed to test betas. Or should I say patches. Because this is still one big money making beta.hahaha.

But seriously maybe some pro users could help with testing and bug hunting.
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    tenrdrmer said:

Dont take it personal tenrdrmer, I have tons of respect from you and other sous chef, so its not hate at all but its the reality. You have lots of stuff going on at the same time. All I am saying is they need more people to test it so they release a version with just a few or no bugs at all. The people who are testing it right now DOES NOT catch all the bug. That is a reality, I am not making stuff up.Like Mark said there were some very hard to miss bugs on the last few releases. So there is no need to get all defensive.
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Pro User should have the option to beta test, we want to help Gs, is good for all of us.
    I was just joking with you guys. Yes it would be nice if GameSalad had more ppl testing. I think they are afraid of things being public before they are public though. There are often features in the pre-release that do not come out in the finial build so they prob feel the need to not let to much go public before its ready cause who knows how long until it will actually go public. Believe it or not there are a few user who are not sous-chefs that do test the builds. I know its a pain sometimes and honestly the major issue with the last build is really prob and easy miss cause I'm not sure how many ppl tested it on the viewer. They pushed it through pretty fast. I know I actually didn't get much testing in at all on the last build. So If all goes well we will get something good this time around. I know they have put a lot more focus on the performance issues in this one and that is [art of the delay. To be honest we don't even have pre-release build yet. So as much as it sucks I would not plan on waking up to an update this week. I'll let you know what I can when I can. Heh I might get a kick in the pants for telling you what I did. Who knows.

Cya.
  • CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    tenr....... their trusting you.......... need I say more.... HAHAHAHA.. JK. And just in case you didnt see it. I said JK.

But maybe they should find some more non chefs to help out. Im sure some of us are familiar with NDAs if needed.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    What about publishing to Android? WIll that be pro only?
    What of the things listed, will be for us 'freebies' ? :-)
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Braydon_SFX said:
    What about publishing to Android? WIll that be pro only?
    What of the things listed, will be for us 'freebies' ? :-)

I think it is going to be pro

@tenrdrmer

that does not sounds like good news, but I still hope there will be a version coming out in september
    Braydon_SFX said:
    What about publishing to Android?

I don't think this is coming until October. Pro only I bet, but I don't know for sure.

• youngster9youngster9 Member Posts: 326
    I will probably go pro around October or November or whenever they finish all the things on this roadmap. So that I get the most for my money. I would go pro right now. But with every roadmap i keep saying I will go pro after this feature is done and it goes on and on and on.
    At this point I would just be happy with 0.98 being in app purchases and that's it. But with joints and a whole bunch of other stuff would be amazing too!
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    A good few of these will be for pro.
    but before i buy pro im going to get a good 'fairly successful' game on the store.
  • vinny1575vinny1575 Member Posts: 26
    I am very excited about the new features. Keep up the good work Gamesalad!
    JamieOneil said:
    A good few of these will be for pro.
    but before i buy pro im going to get a good 'fairly successful' game on the store.

Going pro might be what you need to get a 'fairly successful' game on the store. ;)

Hopefully joints are not pro. You do need to learn how to use them in order to make your game.
    Yea I don't think Joints would be Pro, there would be no reason to limit it to pro users.

BlackbirdStudios said:
    Yea I don't think Joints would be Pro, there would be no reason to limit it to pro users.

It would mean pro would have functionality to make a better game meaning more ppl will want it. I hope for the time being they make everything pro. They really need to make pro worth it. the free version has plenty to make a really good if not great game. So really besides performance. nothing else should be added IMO.
    tenrdrmer said:
    It would mean pro would have functionality to make a better game meaning more ppl will want it. I hope for the time being they make everything pro. They really need to make pro worth it. the free version has plenty to make a really good if not great game. So really besides performance. nothing else should be added IMO.

Yes, but they are not going to do that. The reason that GS made a free version was because they wanted to drive more people towards their product and use it. I doubt that they will revert back to a system where you have to pay to get all of the features, considering that they are already offering so much for free. I do agree that making these features pro-only would make the pro version a lot more appealing, but they probably won't. IMO :)

As a pro member I get to use all of the new features. Right now the features that come with the free one are pretty good if there are only a few pro features like joints it shouldn't really matter. IF you are into making a really big game 500 dollars should be in your budget anyway.
    Well thats good then, because I'm going to be pro when 0.9.8 is released :)

• OtherGuyStudiosOtherGuyStudios Member Posts: 26
    Joints
    Tables
    Snap-to-grid

What will these things do? Sorry I dont yet understand everything in GameSalad.

I am really looking forward to InApp purchases and Android Store and most of all GameCenter Achievements (This one as i gamer myself would be beyond awesome).

I design my games so as if i were playing it and so that even i would get addicted. Hopefully I will be sharing some trailers with you guys soon of my upcoming first game ever on any platform.
    Im not sure what the joints will actually be. Usually you can rotate and constrain joints. They are used in lots of physics games.

Tables will make it easy to store data in sets. So if you want a group of numbers to be stored in a table you can do it.

Snap to grid will make it so that you can snap objects to a grid

I think we are all looking forward to in app purchases. We have one week left of September. Hopefully get it soon. I have a game that is ready to go all I need to do is get the IAP functionality, implement it and then release it.
This discussion has been closed.