Updated GameSalad Roadmap - September/October 2011

Comments

• MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Nobody is talking about snap to grid. I cannot wait for snap to grid :)
  • kikoFCkikoFC Member Posts: 2
    Mammoth said:
    Nobody is talking about snap to grid. I cannot wait for snap to grid :)

Probably because there's already several pretty simple ways to add it yourself. Now if the snap-to-grid includes data management and iteration over the nodes, then it will certainly be something worth talking about.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    kikoFC said:
    Probably because there's already several pretty simple ways to add it yourself. Now if the snap-to-grid includes data management and iteration over the nodes, then it will certainly be something worth talking about.

I think the snap to grid he is talking about is in the creator to help layout your scenes
    For example you can set a 24x24 grid across your scene and then as you drag in your actors every piece you layout will be perfectly placed every single time. Instead of actually having to open each instance and double check the x and y positions. Which is the only way to be 100% sure you are lined up right now.

I will definitely be happy when this gets here. I cannot imagine how much time that feature alone will save in building levels.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    hotMagic said:
    Thanks for In app in sep. Just in time.

WE deffinately needed in app purchase but can it please be available for free membership!!!! as i can not afford 499,
    PLease make in app purchase part of the free membership!!!!!!
  • theCodeMonsterstheCodeMonsters Member Posts: 359
    I cannot believe that they're giving us in app purchase before push notifications. Eventually we need both but we need push notifications more than in app purchase. Because Push notifications is a VITAL marketing strategy.
  • LyboTechLyboTech Member Posts: 135
    Oh wow, I am definitely looking forward to snap-to-grid functionality.
    Leonardentertainment said:
    WE deffinately needed in app purchase but can it please be available for free membership!!!! as i can not afford 499,
    PLease make in app purchase part of the free membership!!!!!!

The pourpose of pro is to provide more monetization options. You have spend money to make money.
  • steve86steve86 Member Posts: 806
    tenrdrmer said:

You have spend money to make money.

+1
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    SF said:
    Hey everyone,

So without further ado, here’s what we're targeting for the next couple months:

September
    In-App Purchase
    Game Center Achievements
    Joints
    Chrome Store Publishing
    Lion Updates

October
    Tables
    Android Publishing
    Facebook and Twitter Integration
    Snap-to-grid

This is how I think it should be:

September
    Ram
    Ram
    Ram
    Ram
    Ram

October
    Ram
    Ram
    Ram
    Ram

Just saying...
  • mithraweptmithrawept Member, PRO Posts: 167
    Okay, RAM is important but snap to grid will really cut my dev time.
  • DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277
    So long as they don't screw-up the already working features - again!, I'll be happy!

Perhaps its just me but I actually dread the release of new versions and the fear that my 100's of hours of work is going to be rendered unplayable in a single download.

I shouldn't feel this way... I really shouldn't.......
    It's already september. Im sure they mean the end of september, but I cannot wait for in app purchases!
  • gariantrollgariantroll Member Posts: 219
    I would love to manipulate the actor layers. It would really help my game.
  • GraybayGraybay Member Posts: 114
    Looking forward to these updates, especially the snap to grid. I only pray they will not break the current project I am working on.
  • BlackbirdStudiosBlackbirdStudios Member Posts: 493
    Yes, I am hoping that the IAP will be ready in a week or 2! I am planning on going pro when the next update is released!!!
    Yep Snap to grid and IAP. I cannot wait. Life will be amazing!
    i think for the free version gs should have like a tax on publishing so very time you publish and update you 3 dollars,
    and the whole point in a market is to be competitive and have the best prices not do what everyone else does,
    Like my personal opinion is that i prefer gs to corona because gs has a community (the forum) gs is cheaper and better,
    i would like if in app purchases were free because i really need those, otherwise id just as well develop in Xcode
    Basseman said:
    And why should we who have pro pay 499 then ?

And why should Gs give everything away for free when noone else does ?

Read my comment above
  • GruntGrunt Member Posts: 109
    It is unfair to give in apps purchase feature for free to us pro users. It is the single highest grossing feature right now and should be taken away from free users.
    @LeonardDeveloper... please start using Xcode right now! Its even cheaper to use....and has a bigger forum too
    BTW it also says joints and chrome store publishing. Seriously if GG delivers this month I will be so happy and if they don't. I will still be happy just a little less happy.
    Android would be nice. Except I have heard multiple stories about piracy in the android app store. So I'm starting to reconsider that feature.

And also: Is snap-to-grid a feature that can be applied in a game, or something that we will be using in the creator? I'm guessing its in game, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
    BlackbirdStudios said:
    Android would be nice. Except I have heard multiple stories about piracy in the android app store. So I'm starting to reconsider that feature.

And also: Is snap-to-grid a feature that can be applied in a game, or something that we will be using in the creator? I'm guessing its in game, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Snap to Grid is a creator feature for laying out levels much quicker.
    Ok thanks tenrdrmer.
    Will there be in app purchase for android too?
    Mammoth said:
    Will there be in app purchase for android too?

Interesting, does the android platform have the same kind of system set up for IAP? I am guessing it will probably just be iOS for right now, since android publishing will not be available until next month.
    What would also be cool is IAP for HTML 5.
    Mammoth said:
    What would also be cool is IAP for HTML 5.

I don't think that would work. Because you have to have a way to save and load the attributes, how can GS recognize wether a computer had unlocked certain attributes when you leave the web page? I don't think save attributes would work in this scenario.
    BlackbirdStudios said:
    I don't think that would work. Because you have to have a way to save and load the attributes, how can GS recognize wether a computer had unlocked certain attributes when you leave the web page? I don't think save attributes would work in this scenario.

If could work that would be amazing.

September is half over I cannot wait for IAP
    Mammoth said:
    If could work that would be amazing.

September is half over I cannot wait for IAP

Oh yea it would be awesome. I can't wait for IAP either! Also Game Center Achievements will be a great asset to the GameSalad arsenal.

LIKE our NEW Facebook to see what we're up to! : Blackbird Studios Facebook Page
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Now, is this only for the 'pro' GS users? :-)
This discussion has been closed.