Updated GameSalad Roadmap - September/October 2011

Comments

• calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    I agree that loading times can be better since it is slow when I play GS games

and the performance in 971 is no good

my email: calvin9403@hotmail.com
    my skype: calvin9403
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    jonmulcahy said:
    Calvin,time to trim your signature. It's a little long :)

so should I made it to custom text or just destroy some of them?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    gamedivisionuk said:
    firstly it was a joke,secondly don't speak to people like that you moron,I'm not a kid I'm a 36 year old grown adult,and i live in the same town as you,so watch your ,plus I'm on your Skype so if've something to say give me call

Edited your post. Use language like that again and ill ban you. You went way beyond dropping the occasional f bomb.
    i think there should be no swearing in GS forums

the most will be like f***(i am not swearing now, just an example), nothing worse
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    You cannot fully expect that Calvin at time things get heated and thats the word you need to make you point. this is an adult community where kids hang out. if your gonna be here your gonna see it on occasion.

BTW I like you new Signature.

Now back to the main topic.
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    calvin9403 said:
    i think there should be no swearing in GS forums

the most will be like f***(i am not swearing now, just an example), nothing worse

Agreed. How ever regarding this topic, Ace called the guy a nob twice, if you are not sure what it means, look it up in the Urban Dictionary. On topic, these forth coming additions are going to be great, especially iap.
  • GruntGrunt Member Posts: 109
    I work with code as well but i buy GS's fast delivery of the final product against code's fast loading and very late delivery. I think it is a decision effected by personal circumstances and preferences. But GS does provide you with a decent alternative.

Optimizing helps and also please correct me if i m wrong but when flip image was introduced my current project's slightly heavy animation artwork for every character in both directions was reduced to half & the loading time fell by 40%...and does it really effect the build if the original instructions were in a drag n drop manner?
  • gamedivisiongamedivision Member Posts: 807
    ok fair enough jon but using the word nob is also swearing so are you going to threaten to ban him as well as alter his post.hence why i got so angry in the first place i felt offended by his remarks

thank you
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    Edited your post. Use language like that again and ill ban you. You went way beyond dropping the occasional f bomb.

GDUK you ve got a great game coming up in my opinion....Cheers!! I was compelled to look into the character. But isn't this made with Corona?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    gamedivisionuk said:
    ok fair enough jon but using the word nob is also swearing so are you going to threaten to ban him as well as alter his post.hence why i got so angry in the first place i felt offended by his remarks

thank you

If he said to you what you said to him of course i would. But thats not a curse in America and i have no clue what it means. Besides the fact you took it to far by basically calling him out to fight you in person.

EVERYONE please refrain from cursing and keep it on the thread topic
  • RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    Grunt said:
    But isn't this made with Corona?

So what? It's still a great game! :D
    No i m perfectly fine with that too...I was just pointing towards an earlier comment in which there was ambiguity...but yes =)
    tenrdrmer said:
    You cannot fully expect that Calvin at time things get heated and thats the word you need to make you point. this is an adult community where kids hang out. if your gonna be here your gonna see it on occasion.

BTW I like you new Signature.

Now back to the main topic.

thanks I will keep it like that, everyone agree?
  • gamedivisiongamedivision Member Posts: 807
    nob
    A derogatory term for an individual or slang for a Can also be used as a verb as slang for sexual intercourse.
    1. That guy is such a nob!

as you can see this is swearing and derogatory,so therefore permits a warning and removal of the swear words.

thank you
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    If he said to you what you said to him of course i would. But thats not a curse in America and i have no clue what it means. Besides the fact you took it to far by basically calling him out to fight you in person.

EVERYONE please refrain from cursing and keep it on the thread topic

gamedivisionuk said:
    nob
    A derogatory term for an individual or slang for a penis. Can also be used as a verb as slang for sexual intercourse.
    1. That guy is such a nob!

as you can see this is swearing and derogatory,so therefore permits a warning and removal of the swear words.

thank you

can we stop talking on this topic, made a thread if you want to
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    BACK ON SUBJECT

I CAN'T WAIT FOR IN APP PURCHASES, I HAVE QUESTIONS

Really looking for to the prospect of In App Purchases. Initially when people used to say they wanted it , I didn't really care for it. But having thought over the idea of unlocking levels, tools, characters and the obvious benefits against piracy I can't wait.

I'm really excited about the prospect of making my point and click adventure game 'Dark Asylum' free to play for the first 20 minutes of gameplay and then once they're hooked, give them the option to buy the full game for some dollars.

I might need to rework some of the story to make it work to its best.

HOW WILL IT WORK?
    It would be great if we could have a clue as to how the in app purchasing will work. Do the purchased additions need to be made as separate games or perhaps separate scenes.

Will it be a simple thing of if they buy a new level or gun it will just turn an attribute to true and the user won't actually be downloading any new content?

Be great to know before (if only a rough guide) so I can build my game ready for it.

Cheers

Jon
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    stormystudio said:
    BACK ON SUBJECT

Really looking for to the prospect of In App Purchases. Initially when people used to say they wanted it , I didn't really care for it. But having thought over the idea of unlocking levels, tools, characters and the obvious benefits against piracy I can't wait.

I'm really excited about the prospect of making my point and click adventure game 'Dark Asylum' free to play for the first 20 minutes of gameplay and then once they're hooked, give them the option to buy the full game for some dollars.

HOW WILL IT WORK?
    It would be great if we could have a clue as to how the in app purchasing will work. Do the purchased additions need to be made as separate games or perhaps separate scenes.

Will it be a simple thing of if they buy a new level or gun it will just turn an attribute to true and the user won't actually be downloading any new content?

Be great to know before (if only a rough guide) so I can build my game ready for it.

Cheers

Jon

True!

Also we need to know how already downloaded games will act? i mean , i have an update to my game 'The Loonimals Toy Box' , it will bring 4 more mini games , so there will be total of 12 ,
    What i want to do is to make it FREE , and give it with 3 games unlocked , and give the option to purchase each of the rest locked game for 0.99 , or the whole package for 2.99 ,
    But what happened to all of the costumers that already purchased the app? i dont want their games to be locked , they already paid .

Roy.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi Jon, I too have wondered about the "flavour" of In App Purchasing; and like you, I'm hoping it's the ability to unlock the rest of the game, i.e like big fish games, where users download the full game, just the beginning part free then the ability to unlock the whole game from within it.

Got to be, do you think?

----------------------------------------------
    http://www.davidgriffinapps.co.uk/

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    P-O-M said:
    True!

Also we need to know how already downloaded games will act? i mean , i have an update to my game 'The Loonimals Toy Box' , it will bring 4 more mini games , so there will be total of 12 ,
    What i want to do is to make it FREE , and give it with 3 games unlocked , and give the option to purchase each of the rest locked game for 0.99 , or the whole package for 2.99 ,
    But what happened to all of the costumers that already purchased the app? i dont want their games to be locked , they already paid .

Roy.

The only way I can see that working is if you do an update now that will turn on and save a previously purchased Attribute and then once In-App is available you can have your rules If previously Purchased is true or InApp Purchase is true change New levels to true. etc….

• YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    Hey guys,

I just made an update announcement on load time / RAM usage issues. Please give it a look HERE. Let us know what you think. Thanks!

--Yodapollo
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Ambitious road map! I'll be interested to see if it's possible to complete.
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    tenrdrmer said:
    The only way I can see that working is if you do an update now that will turn on and save a previously purchased Attribute and then once In-App is available you can have your rules If previously Purchased is true or InApp Purchase is true change New levels to true. etc….

Yeah thats what i thought , but only after GS tells us how this gonna work , we can confirm that this is the only way , so please GS let us know what is the method we gonna use for IAP so we can prepare our games ahead of time !!

EDIT :
    I just figured i can use the Device time for this , dont know how yet , but i think i can work something out ..
    Still , we need some heads up.

Roy.
    P-O-M said:
    Yeah thats what i thought , but only after GS tells us how this gonna work , we can confirm that this is the only way , so please GS let us know what is the method we gonna use for IAP so we can prepare our games ahead of time !!

EDIT :
    I just figured i can use the Device time for this , dont know how yet , but i think i can work something out ..
    Still , we need some heads up.

Roy.

No I think using device time is not a good idea, people will fugues it out and change the time(of course of it is server time it is ok)
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    @Yoda..

If you could find out if your allowed to tell us how the iApp Purchasing will work (no matter how roughly) and let us know so we can prepare that would be awesome.

I'll email as well...just incase theres a chance no matter how slim that we might find out.

Cheers

Jon
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    stormystudio said:
    BACK ON SUBJECT

HOW WILL IT WORK?

Cheers

Jon

I Think, and Hope, that It should be as simple as chaining an Attribute for us to code and to work + having iTunes information like Game center ID.

Again, I Hope so.

But Im really excited on This, already working on a game that will use In app Purchase-
    is good that I will reales my app b4 iap is here(if it comes in at sep)
  • AcceleratedGamesAcceleratedGames Member Posts: 201
    WOW! Android Publishing! Thanks!
  • BlackbirdStudiosBlackbirdStudios Member Posts: 493
    stormystudio said:
    BACK ON SUBJECT

HOW WILL IT WORK?

Cheers

Jon

I've been wondering that too. I wish they would give us more details.

Do you guys think it will be a scenario where it unlocks parts of the game (scenes) when they buy? Also, I would expect that we can do things like sell "coin packs" as virtual currency. I am already starting to rework my games to work with IAP.

Anyone else doing the same?
This discussion has been closed.