Error 3! (error publishing a Mac app on mountain lion)

Comments

• redlotusdesignzredlotusdesignz Member, PRO Posts: 65
    yea this is happening for me as well. in my case i upgraded to mountain lion.. i copied over the android sdk, but didn't "install" it. just went with the default settings and pointed the zipalign to my android sdk folder file... in case that matters or is different than other peoples setups

Oh and i didn't generate the keystore on this machine either. it was created on the previous snow leopard install.. however i did compile successfully with snow leopard so i know the files and such all work.. just not on this new OS so far.
    I was able to solve my problem with the publishing error for the Android.

I found out that I had to update the Android SDK. After doing so and signing the APK again, it worked this time.

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    anyone manage to successfully publish to osx? let us know, otherwise we are just wasting time and trying everything humanly possible.
  • petercoupepetercoupe Member Posts: 94
    I have tried everything that I can think of with OSX publishing on GS 0.10.0 and Mountain Lion. None of it has worked.
    I have de-installed and re-installed all my software (GS and OSX).
    Have revoked /removed / recreated all my certificates/profiles/keys and rebuilt all my test GS projects and nothing works when I try to publish.
    I did enjoy limited success when rolling back to OSX LIon a few days ago, but even that has now become unstable - failing to find my OSX publishing profile, then unable to sign apps, etc. (The Gendaigames.3 issue).
    I can't even get the software to recognise my profile at build time anymore, so I have just about given up the ghost here.
    I am going to return to authoring iBooks until things have been sorted out!
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    edited August 2012
    I'd be willing to let GS support remote desktop to my iMac to take a look at this. It doesn't seem like this issue would be hard to reproduce, but I guess it is.

edited August 2012
    kindly let us know if this issue is being acknowledged and worked on.

i guess SSS did mention that it's in investigation. but mentioned prior that it's not a bug. so it's kind of confusing as to if we should wait for an update or try more things to resolve it on our end.
    I am just about to give up on GS completely. Not being able to publish an update to my Mac app for 2 months is bordering on ridiculous. I've actually started converting my current project over to a different platform; pain in the butt to start over, but I don't see any other option.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I know they are still looking into it, I think the problem is that the error is very generic and covers a lot of different issues that have been submitted. But the issue with Mac publishing is still there.

@justme74, I know it's not something you probably want to do, but if you setup a 10.7 virtual Mac publishing works fine. This is one of the joys of being an early adopter of a new os. :/
    @jonmulcahy - Using vmware or parallels? I suppose I could do that.
    @jonmulcahy - Using vmware or parallels? I suppose I could do that.
    Im using parallels7 for mine. Works great
    good idea, thanx jon. now that's a solution.
  • micksolomicksolo Member Posts: 264
    Hi guys, I had a similar problem where gamesalad wasn't finding my provisioning files and it was because I was using a non-alpha numberic character in my "display name". I was using a question mark. I dont know if this might help you but I know how frustrating this !@#$% is considering we are paying for a beta product. Good luck guys.
    @jonmulcahy - I bought a copy of Parallels; where do I get an install DVD of the older Mac OS? I didn't get one with my iMac.
    you'd have better luck asking the all knowing google.
  • entersimonentersimon Member, PRO Posts: 273
    edited September 2012
    Hi guys, I had a similar problem where gamesalad wasn't finding my provisioning files and it was because I was using a non-alpha numberic character in my "display name". I was using a question mark. I dont know if this might help you but I know how frustrating this !@#$% is considering we are paying for a beta product. Good luck guys.
    I have tested with display names using just regular characters and also with non-alpha numeric characters included. Doesn't make a difference for me.

• smallingsmalling Member, PRO Posts: 72
    I am experiencing the same problem trying to publish for Apple. I get the same code 3 error message that others have received. I got a new imac because of the Snow Leopard issue - went pro and thought I was ready to go. I've gone through the thread a couple of times and there doesn't appear to be a solution. I have an app that I've been working on for a while ready to publish. When I publish for adhoc testing everything was fine. I wish I knew more about it, still a noobe? Nothing to do but wait?
  • smallingsmalling Member, PRO Posts: 72
    Okay, I decided to try one more time by deleting all current provisioning profile/certificates and then download new ones. I don't know why, but it worked this time. I wish I could be more helpful, but when I'm frustrated I just do things without being very systematic, so I can't recall all the steps.
  • dominic.koponendominic.koponen Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2012
    Hey Guys,

I am trying to sign my app right now and when I go to sign it, the following error message comes up:

"The operation couldn’t be completed.
    (com.gendaigames.GameSalad error 3.)"

I have already completely revoked my certificates and reinstalled all of them so I am wondering has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks,

Dominic
    Sorry I never specified, this is an iPhone app, not a Mac app
    Just found a really odd solution (or at least it worked for me). When you install the Distribution Certificates, my computer created a duplicate of the certificate that had no email in the drop down of the certificate, it just had a blank certificate or something. I deleted these duplicates and it oddly worked perfectly for me.

I originally tried deleting and reinstalling or creating ALL of my certificates and provisioning profiles but that did not work. Hopefully this helps some people, it helped me!
  • EbreezeEbreeze Member, PRO Posts: 481
    It's cause lion sucks....reinstall everything Xcode, certificates..make sure old certificates are gone from your computer
  • notthedreamnotthedream Member Posts: 23
    i hav the same problem, Moutain Lion and Error 3 :(. I have 9 games waiting and cannot publish anything for almost two months. The best part, Im a PRO User.....
    edited September 2012
    i haven't tried the parallel7 and osx 10.7 trick. but quite confident that it'll work considering who it's coming from. in fact i have the set-up ready with GS installed waiting to test out as soon as i finish. I'd say it's worth a try, or just to have the "rig" set-up to future-proof the same situation.
  • GreggTheDevGreggTheDev Member, PRO Posts: 33
    Is it alright if I delete ALL the certificates in my keychain and restart?? I'm having this issue,too.
    hi jon, which version of OSX and gamesalad are you using? i went through all the trouble setting up a 10.7.4 on virtual machine and it's still giving me error 3.
    edited September 2012
    this is a game I uploaded from 10.8 2 weeks ago. I just signed in from my virtual and hit publish on the mac app. I'm using 0.10.0 on 10.7.4

thank you for the image. i was wondering when you sign the app, did the same thing appear in your profile "your name" instead of development/production profile like iOS?
    bdplates would you happen to have image of these certificate that you deleted.. i'm still trying to solve this.
    heyyy bdplates.. i think u got it.. i am on virtual machine so i wasn't afraid to delete all of my certificate in system/login and just reinstall them and it published... now i'm gonna try to play with it on the main system.
    @ultima

yes, i got the same thing where just my name showed. when originally setting this up, I took the fresh 10.7.4 install and installed the latest version of xcode. I then exported my team from my bad 10.8 machine and imported it into the 10.7.

after that everything worked.