Error 3! (error publishing a Mac app on mountain lion)

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    edited August 2012
    @Jonmulcahy - QA is requesting a snapshot of organizer with "Teams" selected - would you mind providing that? (you can send directly to me if you'd prefer.)
    here it is. previously I exported this team and imported it into a 10.7 box, and i was able to publish fine.

• SearleSamaSearleSama Member Posts: 108
    This is my same exact issue in 10.8 as well, all my certs are properly install and my screen looks the same as the screenshots shown so far (except with my name under teams and name). I exported my team (like jonmulcahy did) and installed it only my wife's MB which still has 10.7 on it and it worked perfectly from there. I am willing to help troubleshoot by doing a skype screenshare or something.
  • petercoupepetercoupe Member Posts: 94
    Interesting to note that @LudwigHeijden is OK publishing with Mountain Lion running on a brand new iMac. We are clearly missing something - I just wish I could figure out what it is!!
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface PRO Posts: 491
    We are clearly missing something - I just wish I could figure out what it is!!
    A brand new iMac :D
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    indeed :D
    edited August 2012
    Just a thought (it's been a long night so please bear with me) could the problem be to do with the CF Bundle ID - which I note is 'com.Gendaigames.gamesalad' on all my "unsignable" output - but is my own Bundle ID on all the successful ones?
    I also noted that the DTSDK name is showing as OSX 10.7 (not 10.8)
    Where is CF Bundle ID? If you mean in the publisher then yes the Bundle ID should be your apps unique ID. something like com.petercoupe.gamename (just an example).
    It is the same ID as the app has in the developer.apple.com ->provisioning portal ->appid.
    Hope that makes sense.
    Hi Ludwig,
    I am looking at the info.plist (which is inside the app when it is packaged). You can see it by right clicking on the app package (the image that GS generates when it compiles your app - the one with the circle with a diagonal slash on it) and looking at the package contents. I am thinking that (for some reason) my Bundle ID isn't being updated when the app is attempting to sign. With apps that I have created in Lion and Snow Leopard it does change to my unique Bundle ID, but on the latest (failed) signings, it stays as the Gendai one. I may be completely wrong, of course, but at least I am learning a whole lot more of what goes on 'under the hood'! Regards.
    I just checked my AdHoc and the ID is my own so I guess that is the problem. Did you fill in the right one when publishing?
    Yes - I think it is one of the variables that is supposed to update as you sign - so everyone starts with the same 'template' but the signing process effects the change, altering it from the 'pro-forma' to your individual ID. It's actually fascinating in here!!
  • SearleSamaSearleSama Member Posts: 108
    I have a brand new imac and I also have the problem, although mine didn't come loaded with mountain lion
    I have a brand new imac and I also have the problem, although mine didn't come loaded with mountain lion
    So---what was it loaded with when you bought it? (If you don't mind me asking)
    And --have you upgraded to Mountain Lion (10.8) or something else?

• nrconceptsnrconcepts PRO Posts: 36
    Would it be an option to have GS 0.9.94 available for download again so I can still creatte iphone adhocs until this issue has been resolved? I don't have timemachine active so can't roll back from 0.10 to 0.9.94
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    My iMac is the latest generation as well - although I bought it last summer - and I have this problem.
    I have the problem on my iMac that was upgraded to ml and my retina MacBook that I fresh installed.
    I just rolled back to Lion (10.7.4) with Time Machine, and all my apps (previously rejected in ML) are now signing with no problem. I am still using GS 00.10.00
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    edited August 2012
    @certifiedplayerz the Gamesalad entry should not be there. You should have a bundle ID custom to your app.
  • micksolomicksolo Member Posts: 264
    you need to change your bundle identifier (done in the publishing web page) to match the bundle identifier in your app id (which is in the ios dev center). this has to match exactly otherwise it won't work
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Member Posts: 646
    You can't use com.gendaigames.GameSalad that's a specific id from Gendai Games. You have to make your own: com.yournameorcompany.gamesalad
    then it should work
    ---
    Benjamin
  • FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120
    edited August 2012
    I am also getting this same issue during the signing process.

The Bundle ID under iPhone is not using this com.gendaigames.GameSalad that it states is being used. I've tried reassigning and it still kicks up the same issue.

Perhaps a recent bug in the building system?

Please advise. Thanks.

[EDIT] Noticed that there is issues with their servers. So maybe a few gremlins that is also causing this fault.
  • TumbleSoftTumbleSoft Member Posts: 63
    I have the same problem. All my Bundle IDs are correct.

I am not a huge fan of the new publishing system in general, it seems to take a lot longer to publish an app than before but maybe I just need time to get used to it.
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Member, PRO Posts: 542
    One thing I noticed on mine today is that after I push sign, a window in the browser immediately comes up (while GS is downloading the package) that says:

"There was an error parsing your gameproj, please try uploading it again."

I've tried replacing it but I get the same error. Then, during the signing process I'm getting the same Code 3 error that everyone else is (despite having apparently valid certs, etc.)

GS: I really need to get this fixed. We're coming on 2 months of being unable to publish a Mac app. I have customers who are upset because of a bug; I'm also selling new copies every day and they're bound to run into the same problem until I'm able to update my app.
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2012
    (com.gendaigames.GameSalad error 3.) damn it... did it get resolved? trying to publish to mac by the way.

i also notice with other platform i'm able to choose either publishing/development profile. with mac publishing only able to choose 1 and have no idea which one it is.. it just says my name on there.
    I've deleted all previous provisioning profile/certificate and made new ones. deleted xcode and re-install. this is really beyond me.
    (com.gendaigames.GameSalad error 3.) damn it... did it get resolved? trying to publish to mac by the way.

i also notice with other platform i'm able to choose either publishing/development profile. with mac publishing only able to choose 1 and have no idea which one it is.. it just says my name on there.
    Sam thing happens to me, and I always assumed that was correct. When I try and sign the app, it only shows 1 publishing thing ith my name.
    edited August 2012
    ya must be game salad issues.. just published ios and everything is fine. i think only a small portion of publisher publishes to osx and not frequently so probably not a lot of member experiencing the problem yet.
  • redlotusdesignzredlotusdesignz Member, PRO Posts: 65
    I am using Mountain Lion and the latest version of GameSalad. I have no problem publishing the game apps on the iOS devices. However, I am having trouble publishing on the Android platform. I am able to locate the keystore that I created and after entering the password, it does confirm that it is verified. Unfortunately after clicking next, it gives me the "com.gendaigames Gamesalad error 3" message.
  • part12studiospart12studios Member Posts: 620
    edited August 2012
    yea this is happening for me as well. in my case i upgraded to mountain lion.. i copied over the android sdk, but didn't "install" it. just went with the default settings and pointed the zipalign to my android sdk folder file... in case that matters or is different than other peoples setups

Oh and i didn't generate the keystore on this machine either. it was created on the previous snow leopard install.. however i did compile successfully with snow leopard so i know the files and such all work.. just not on this new OS so far.