Flappy Bird creator to release new game and guess what?!

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited August 2014

Here it is guys, the finished template with the following features:

iAds optimisation (Refreshes iAds every 40 seconds to maximize revenue!)
    IAP for iAds removal
    Rate Button
    Game centre ready - Just add your leaderboard ID
    Single Scene so no loading times

• KillerPenguinStudiosKillerPenguinStudios Member Posts: 1,291

So whens the template gonna be available @gingagaming‌??? LOL :p

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

That was fast

Im preparing uploads to the stores as we speak @KillerPenguinStudios‌

• AdnanHAdnanH Member Posts: 77

I've sent mine off to the apple app store going to send it off to android tomorrow well figure it out:-) it was

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

got 2.3 on google play and there are a bunsh clones already

• Tiny_IdeasTiny_Ideas Member Posts: 326

Having played the original Swing Copter, these templates don't capture the same gameplay. It is a shame to see so many people quick on making a few bucks.. but thats the app game now days.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

have played flappy 2 times.boring .....not going to download swing copters

How long do google play take to review your app?

@AdnanH‌ Prob not the best place to ask such a question but ill answer it. Google Play dont review your app so should goes live immediately. However takes an hour or so for it to appear in search results.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

This thread makes me sad.

• FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Member Posts: 822
    edited August 2014

@Armelline said:

Agreed, it's crazy how people just outright copy a successful app idea trying to earn a quick buck rather then being original and making there own :|

• stahboystahboy Member, PRO Posts: 150

Swing copters isn't even as fun as flappy bird......

He's killed it again it's already in the top 5 in uk App Store.. Guy is just a rare breed:P

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Just 2 quick questions. How does straight ripping games make you guys feel? Does the income from it help overcome the bad feeling? This is a serious question, not trying to flame anyone.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648

Holy crap so many clones lmao... why did he even announce his game.

• Skyrocket_EntertainmentSkyrocket_Entertainment Member Posts: 206
    edited August 2014

Is there something behind Swing Copters, when I check all the reviews, it seems like not the real review from real customer, real customer don't give that kind of review, or he buy reviews? or this guy use Bot?

He has a trick like Mateen.

Any thought to share?

Its featured by Apple - Thats where a lot of downloads are coming from - There has also been a ton of news coverage on this. - Go on to almost every game engine forums and you will find developers selling templates. I would bet my life there is no trick , only jealous people making claims to get any sort of attention. The whole situation is quite shocking to say the least.

Touch arcade did three posts about it - Twitter has mentioned nothing except it - Facebook people are talking about. Not sure how much more I can say about this. Everyone seems to know about it.

• @jeromy, i think you're right.

Anybody else to share?

• RiveraonlineRiveraonline Member Posts: 54

I worked up some swing choppers art for you guys! submitted to game-salad market.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Played it, thought it was utter crap.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

@jigglybean said:
    Played it, thought it was utter crap.

So was flappy bird thou, its one of them love to hate games. I cant get passed 5!

If anyone is interested anyhow, the template is on the GS marketplace and other good third party websites.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Riveraonline said:
    I worked up some swing choppers art for you guys! submitted to game-salad market.

This kind of thing is killing the mobile games market.

@BBEnk that has to be one of the best reads in a long time.

I am excited to see how this pans out in future and hopefully restore a rich App Store environment.

And maybe, just maybe it will make template websites more about learning and cool features rather than full clones of games.

I am excited

edited August 2014

@Armelline said:

Yep, it's petty depressing stuff.

edited August 2014

gingagaming said:
    If anyone is interested anyhow, the template is on the GS marketplace and other good third party websites.

If Apple are now (thankfully!) banning clones from the App Store, I wonder if there is scope to ban these ripoffs from the GS Marketplace ? In many ways uploading a template like this to the GS marketplace is actually worse than uploading a ripoff to the App Store as these templates positively promote and encourage this kind of rampant counterfeiting of other people's IP.

I realise the following examples aren't identical but It would seem a little contradictory that GS would terminate a user's account for ripping off another GS user's game and uploading it as their own work to the App Store ( http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/491327 ) whilst allowing what are essentially counterfeiting kits of other peoples IP to be openly sold on their own marketplace ?

@dgackey

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@socks
    Im fairly new to being a pro user, but for a while now all i see in the forums is " template of this" or "template of that".It boggled my mind for the longest as to why this is allowed, and its also the reason why i would never post my creations on this forums. It gives gamesalad a bad name to allow such practices if you ask me. As a developer, why would you support ripping off and cloning games? I won't even say what i think about the parties/websites responsible for using these tactics for profit.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una