A quick hello

13»

Comments

• GuaveMediaGuaveMedia Member, PRO Posts: 1,262
    Hey and welcome. Really looking forward :)
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Welcome to the GS community @dgackey ! Great to see some new Yellows! :-)
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Welcome! Glad to have you here. Sid Meier... :D Loved Pirates! growing up.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    edited September 2013
    Greetings Dan. Sounds good to have another experienced dev on the management team.

Just to make a suggestion for a conversation between you all over there at GS:

I've not heard the theme of collaboration come up much on the forums. But I think that would be a good direction to go in. So making it easy for devs to co-make games in GS. Especially for online/remote working.

I co-coded with someone at a game jam once using GS but it was awkward to have to cut and paste the new XML data and then the code blocks each time we wanted to merge files.

That + improvements to creator UI could expand the scope of GS and bring in more users?
  • HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    I've not heard the theme of collaboration come up much on the forums. But I think that would be a good direction to go in. So making it easy for devs to co-make games in GS. Especially for online/remote working.

I co-coded with someone at a game jam once using GS but it was awkward to have to cut and paste the new XML data and then the code blocks each time we wanted to merge files.

That is an excellent suggestion @HoneyTribeStudios.

Game Salad is currently designed purely as a single-programmer activity.

There is no ability to collaborate with another programmer on a project, seeing the Attributes are all going off hidden IDs rather than the actual name of the Attribute itself.

Coming up with ways to make Game Salad projects more collaborative, may also result in other ways to streamline and improve the UI, who knows. :)

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
    Thanks for the warm welcome, folks ;) Today we moved into our new office and we're still getting settled, but I appreciate the well wishes and suggestions.

There is so much to do and I will apologize in advance for not getting to it all, but please keep on telling me what we can do for you ;)

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    Enjoy the new offices! Good stuff. :)
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    @dgackey nice one - I bet the move is a mssion but also a time for a clean out and a new beginning - some things that would make people around here happy would be some small visible things that change which have been requested for a while - personally customised loading wheel - and on scene grid and layout systems would be fantastic - hope that's already coming with v11 :) Check the items on the road map off on a regular basis. We will be happy as :)