• dayofjackaldayofjackal Member Posts: 111
    Nice
  • saif_shammarisaif_shammari Member Posts: 128
    Amaaaaaaazing =D>
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited September 2013
    Comments are welcome!

@CodeWizard

What do you think is a reasonable timeframe for the improvements to Creator (in particular features like guides and snap-to-grid and so on) ?
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    Any chances you think RevMob will be coming out in 11? I can't wait for that one especially. Would be nice to actually see payments from advertisers again.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Any chances you think RevMob will be coming out in 11? I can't wait for that one especially. Would be nice to actually see payments from advertisers again.
    i doubt for 0.11.0, it's not in the nightlies yet, but you never know. I'm waiting for revmob before porting any further games to android.

• Can GameSalad play videos? If it can, what format does the video need to be in? If not, can the ability to play videos be added?
    Can GameSalad play videos? If it can, what format does the video need to be in? If not, can the ability to play videos be added?
    videos are not supported right now

• gsemonesgsemones Member Posts: 4
    Any hope of multi-developer support re: version control, ability to work on same project, etc.?
  • deadlightsdeadlights Member, PRO Posts: 235
    "Ongoing optimizations on the native Lua engine are continuing." (???)

Last time I checked, Objective-C was native... 8-|
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    Probably will not happen any time soon and not super needed.
    Can GameSalad play videos? If it can, what format does the video need to be in? If not, can the ability to play videos be added?
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    Any hope of multi-developer support re: version control, ability to work on same project, etc.?
    Great Idea but don't look for it anytime soon.
  • kalakkalak Member, PRO Posts: 48
    Would like to have RevMob in future versions :-)
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    This. ^:)^
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    You could do it in dropbox as long as you didnt work on it at the same time
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Once we have a finalized agreement from our third-party provider of async multiplayer
    Who's the third-party provider? Doesn't Apple already provide asynchronous multiplayer through Game Center?

That's why I like... "Native Plugins" and "Scripted Behaviors". If I could add my own code, I could theoretically create my own multiplayer system... or simply plug into Game Center. I'm not liking the idea of a third-party.

This is related to the "Metrics Gathering Opt-out" issue. If a third-party — that's not Apple — is handling multiplayer, then I'm right back where I started. It's user data being sent outside. But if I can side-step that issue with my own code, then GameSalad can still be cool software to use.

GameSalad is on the threshold of awesome, teetering so close to crossing that line.
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    Previously GS has stated that multiplayer would be cross platform, hence the need for a third party provider.
  • dayofjackaldayofjackal Member Posts: 111
    @CodeWizard Any clues to rough time scale for revmob being implemented? Got a few projects nearing completion but would rather release with this network added so as to maximise the first few weeks downloads as we will push advertising via our other games. If its relatively soon I'm happy to hod off publishing. Cheers :)
  • ChimoruChimoru Member, PRO Posts: 137
    The roadmap looks promising! Lots of exciting stuff.

One thing though @CodeWizard, I was told that extenstion file support was on on the roadmap for Android. Is that still a priority? It would be awesome to upload games larger than 50mb to Google Play.
  • 2 Gamers2 Gamers Member, PRO Posts: 7
    edited October 2013
    Hi!

• TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    Can someone warn or ban this person's IP? ^
  • TheGabfatherTheGabfather Member Posts: 633
    edited October 2013
    Can someone warn or ban this person's IP? ^
    banned

Thanks Jon. Hate litter!
    X(
  • gamesfuagamesfua Member Posts: 723
    The new roadmap mentions 10.4b. Curious what bugs this addresses? Thanks!
  • darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243
    @anatomyofdreams I've reported some minor bugs using the bug report form which the guys have acknowledged e.g. only half the screen dims when processing an in app purchase, slightly shifted and blurred images on iOS6...

I'm hoping the update will address these.

Other than these minor things, I'm really impressed with the 10.4 and .100 nightly builds so far.

• imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    My GS Preview lags with my current project in 10.4a, works fine with .100 hope they'll fix it in 10.4b.
  • HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    I'd love to see "Specify Sound / Music Name Using Expression" moved right up near the top somewhere.

I'm trying to implement complex VO and monster sounds, based on rules, but can't do so until Game Salad supports specifying the Sound filenames from an expression or table value.

Bump it up, eh, gents?

You know you want to.
  • ashtmjashtmj Member, PRO Posts: 405
    @CodeWizard any plans to add support for the new iOS 7 controller? that would be fantastic :)
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    I'd love to see "Specify Sound / Music Name Using Expression" moved right up near the top somewhere.

I'm trying to implement complex VO and monster sounds, based on rules, but can't do so until Game Salad supports specifying the Sound filenames from an expression or table value.

Bump it up, eh, gents?

You know you want to.
    +1
    - Thomas
  • nikosinikosi Member, PRO Posts: 25
    I think it is a generally bad idea if development environment tries to fiddle with version control since it harfdly ever works as expected and doesnt keep up with development cycles. Therefore I recommend bitbucket with private git repositories and your preferred client like source tree. These are all free to use