Behold! The GameSalad Roadmap...

Comments

• gamesfuagamesfua Member Posts: 723
    edited September 2013
    @Codewizard So is this to say that only 10.4 will be ios 7 compatible? I hope not.
    So far 10 or 10.1 (i forget which one i have at the moment) is rock solid stable for me. Fingers crossed this ios 7 compatibility can be achieved via updates for older versions of GameSalad or through publishing. Any news on that? Thanks!
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @CodeWizard Thanks for the update and new features ... Amazing stuff ;-)
  • lebiscuitlebiscuit Member, PRO Posts: 220
    cool
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    I'd like to point out that the roadmap isn't yet exhaustive. There's still more to add and update. :)

Currently iOS 7 support is slated for 0.10.4 only. We'll review updating the older versions once we've got this out on the latest.
  • gamesfuagamesfua Member Posts: 723
    Many thanks for the hard work @codewizard
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I'd like to point out that the roadmap isn't yet exhaustive. There's still more to add and update.
    I see that "Metrics Gathering Opt-out" is on the list.
    I like the animated "New" icon.
    I don't like that it's all the way on the bottom.

Some of the other stuff on the list is pretty amazing. Scripted Behaviors / Native Plugins could start a renaissance era for GameSalad. If I was creative with GameSalad when it was limited, how good would I be when the limits were removed?! It could be awesome!

HTML5 could also be interesting if it's professional level. That means exporting includes custom sizes, editable code and self-hosting.

Alas, GameSalad development is frozen for me until that pesky tracking goes away.
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    @CodeWizard
    The Roadmap seems like something that should be added to the menu bar at the top of the GameSalad website. Is there any chance of this happening?
    edited September 2013
    just want to clap about "Longer Goals" =D>, if you could also add dragonbones to the Animation Support, that would be AWESOME !!
  • RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879
    edited September 2013
    Oh wow! I can almost taste the "Improved Physics".

And I go giddy just thinking about UI widget support.

Bring it on GameSalad . . . Bring it on!
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    "Improved Physics"
    "custom physics shapes in the future."

I will finally be able to make a 1977 Space War game with a triangle shaped ship.. =D>
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    It's nice to have a long view of things I just hope this doesn't turn into asking when these things are coming every other day. I hope we all understand much of this is months out.
  • KingChaosKingChaos Member Posts: 9
    Where does the Windows version of GameSalad Creator fit in with the roadmap? Will it be kept in sync with the Mac version going forward?
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    It's nice to have a long view of things I just hope this doesn't turn into asking when these things are coming every other day. I hope we all understand much of this is months out.
    gamesalad is going to be a pretty serious tool, will it be possible to integrate Deep Facebook Integration, i guess it's in Engine Extensibility,

what would be also cool is to be able to publish Multiplatform not only mobile but Wii U, ps3, Xbox a bit like unity, a lot's of work i guess but an easy access for people like me, how know a lil code but not that much, but still want to go big

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    @CodeWizard - When are we going to see LOLCODE support? Really looking forward to that, and I just don't see how my development can continue until it is added. It is absolutely essential to everything I'm trying to do. Please work on this ASAP! :P =))
    - Thomas
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @CodeWizard

With regard to creator improvements (guides, snap-to-grid on so on ?) - do you have a ball park idea of when you think this kind of stuff might arrive ?
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Nice updates on the roadmap. The only feature I see missing that shouldn't take long is Facebook integration....

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653
    Great stuff @CodeWizard, great to see a roadmap page. Excellent!

Async Multiplayer Into Nightly Build
    Sounds exciting!

Batched Draw Calls
    Oooh! Goody!
    Do these benefits basically come when you have multiple of the same actor being drawn? Can you say a little more about which cases will see the draw call batching, and which won't?
    If I have 10 different actors on-screen, does the batching still kick in, or just with multiple instances of the same actor (at the same size?)... etc.

Improved Physics
    Great! I've often been frustrated that the physics reactions can feel quite clunky.
    And when the player uses touch to move an object, it doesn't interact with other physics objects properly at all. For example, you can use your finger to move a block around and bash balls around the screen. It just doesn't work.
    Will these physics reactions work better with a new physics system revision, perhaps?

Joints, constraints and custom shapes sounds great, too!

Great stuff guys.

Would be really nice to see Specify Sound / Music name using an Expression added to the list if possible. It'd make a whole bunch of common tasks possible, such as specifying Voice Over from a table based system (which is otherwise near-impossible for a game which might have 100 levels, for example).

• ycanycan Member, PRO Posts: 207
    I have a great suggestion for Mac Creator.

If "Otherwise" is enabled in Rule, can you change its color. So it will make it easy to read our code.
  • LoadedLoaded Member Posts: 240
    Awesome work, transparency is always good :)

Website » Twitter » Facebook » Loaded Arts - Fun for thumbs.

Developer Blog » 08/01/2015 - Week 72 – Apple, the great dictator…

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    I have a great suggestion for Mac Creator.

If "Otherwise" is enabled in Rule, can you change its color. So it will make it easy to read our code.
    I would soo love that.
    - Thomas
    P.S. Did I mention I would love that?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @codewizard I got an email today from amazon stating GameCircle was now going to be a cross platform iOS and android system. So??? Is gamesalads implantation going to account for this and allow us to utilize a this?
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Yep. I got that email as well.
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Our implementation is on Android only for now. We got the same info recently and will see what we can do to roll it in.
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    Our implementation is on Android only for now. We got the same info recently and will see what we can do to roll it in.
    Will gamecircle for gamesalad let us use whispersync? If not icloud saving would be awesome.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @CodeWizard
    @CodeWizard

With regard to creator improvements (guides, snap-to-grid on so on ?) - do you have a ball park idea of when you think this kind of stuff might arrive ?
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    Now that 10.4 is out (thank you) when will 11 be released please in terms of actual time (weeks, months, or years etc)?

Even though the nightlies seem more and more unstable after using them for a long period of time and once the project gets a particular size, I like some of the time/code savers in it that aren't in 10.4
  • dayofjackaldayofjackal Member Posts: 111
    Keep up the good work GS team. Wondering if any news re revmob and maybe chartboost too?? Nice to have both options if possible. I presume we wil be able to implement these with our own accounts. Also, anychance plahaven integration will change so we can put it in directly? Cheers
  • saif_shammarisaif_shammari Member Posts: 128
    I am really excited because adding RevMob
    please @CodeWizard tell us when you will add it?