Forums Upgrade Commencing Soon!

124»

Comments

• LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    How is the forum search conducted? Every time I put in a search term, it seems to pull up a lot of anything having nothing to do with my search. Even if I search something very specific I'll get threads that are way off target. When googling old threads, I'd copy/paste the titles so I could find them in the new forum structure. However, it never seems to find that particular forum post....
  • SnapFireSnapFire Member Posts: 361
    @LiquidGameworks Yeah, I barely ever get to what I want with Search.

@tshirtbooth They should really pay you for ll you do ;)

-Thomas
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    The search is annoying, try put in the word you want to search in google and type gamesalad in there too
  • NtGNtG Member Posts: 103
    Yes, search always shows the same topics no matter what you search, and when googling what you want, the links wont work.
  • mu-kowAPPSmu-kowAPPS Member Posts: 233
    I like the mobile site. Good job on that GS
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    @ntg

Just copy the thread number and copy it at the new forums

Calvin
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    any update on when the new forum will be 'updated'....

- Having to login a lot more than we used to, (which leads me to not always bother answering simple questions, also not able to login when in mobile mode on my phone, but I can if I goto normal web view and login from the main page).

- Be great if you could put page numbers at the bottom of a discussion when in mobile view.

- Also...I've lost my sous chef status... it was here yesterday :-(
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    What is the deal with the 6 minutes count down to edit my post?
    if you don't let us edit our posts , at least give us a bigger time frame , 6 minutes is to fast ! especially if I'm writing a big post !

Roy.
  • nemnem Member Posts: 9
    This forum was a great source of learning - thanks to you all guys... But since the upgrade, it has become unusable, mostly because, as many of you already reported, the search function doesn't work properly.
    I also noticed that the "more results" button doesn't work either...
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @nem the search function has never worked properly at least for the last year. Nothing to do with the new forum.

@P-O-M They have changed the edit time because of several problem users that like to start a threads and then when the response the the thread is not in their favor they would go back and change their original post to either make the thread make no sense or to change the tone of the thread so it appears they are just being pointlessly criticized by everyone else. I know its annoying in a sense but at the same time Edit should used to fix your typos or errors in your post. not change the original message. So hopefully you would notice that within your first 6 min. if you need to add to or make a new statement there is nothing wrong with adding a new post.
    edited December 2011
    @tenrdrmer
    I understand the concept of what you are saying , but still , for example look at my post here :
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/36348/sale-all-of-p-o-m-games-are-now-0-99#Item_4
    I have NO IDEA why all the links are not acting as "hyper links" and i can't *press* them ,
    i noticed that only 8 minutes after i posted,
    And i can't correct it ! , so thats 2 frustrating things , one is that the links don't act as links , and the second is that i can't edit it :/

Roy
    I definitely understand that being frustrating Roy. I don't see any reason they should not have worked. They all look complete. I passed that along to SSS and in the meantime i'll see if I can get them working.

Cheers.
  • nemnem Member Posts: 9
    @tenrdrmer
    It seems other people have the same issue with the search function. I don't remember how it was one year ago, but after the upgrade it definitely got unusable. And what about the "more results" issue? Strange that nobody had noticed it... maybe the search function is not widely used after all...
  • SnapFireSnapFire Member Posts: 361
    I never use search in gamesalad. Just use google with gamesalad and my username included.

Roy, I agree that they should definently limit it; I was thinking just what tenrdrmer is when they first said we could edit anything we ever did. However, it really should be more than 6 min! I'm thinking 20 or 30.

-Thomas
    edited December 2011
    The Problem is 20-30 min is more than enough time for a problem user to by cyber lynched and and then go back and change his/her post to make everyone look like unreasonable idiots.

Rarely should there be a need to change the post in more than a short period of time. I've fixed all of POM's links in his thread and thats one of those rare times where an issue pops up. Luckily we have moderators and most people know most of our emails and some of use even check our private messages. at least once a day. SSS especially seems good about checking his. so when you come across one of these issues where you feel the original needs to be edited over just posting again feel free to PM several of us.

@nem the search function has been utter junk for a year if not more. like snapfire said Google with site:gamesalad.com at the end of your search will get you much better results.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    yey I'm a sous chef again... many thanks who ever fixed that...

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Congrats, Stormy.
    @stormystudio
    Finally!! back to normal routine everyone ...

;)

Roy.