Forums Upgrade Commencing Soon!

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    RacetotheMoon said:
    I just hope they aren't pulling engineers off fixing bugs in the engine to work on the forums.. :\

Web team is a different team to that who works on the creator
  • SnapFireSnapFire Member Posts: 361
    beefy_clyro said:
    Web team is a different team to that who works on the creator

That's what I thought.

-Thomas
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    and it's the weekend, and the week before a major US holiday.

i want them to take the time and get this right, instead of pushing out new software, then leaving on vacation
    Oh absolutely granted, i'd rather see them take their time and get it right but this was an announcement it was due in a day, then there was problems, great communication, now maybe a status update ... we are still experiencing troubles or we're aiming for a x day release?
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    beefy_clyro said:
    Oh absolutely granted, i'd rather see them take their time and get it right but this was an announcement it was due in a day, then there was problems, great communication, now maybe a status update ... we are still experiencing troubles or we're aiming for a x day release?

agree, I hope we can at least no what is going on and will it be out soon(although everyone is out for thanksgiving I guess)

Calvin
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    Hey, everybody!

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the status on the forum switchover. We're still in the final phases of resolving an issue with login/ID migration. We're hoping to complete the fix today.

We're still hoping to perform the forum switch before the Thanksgiving holiday, but there is the possibility it could be delayed until Monday, the 28th. I will update this thread as soon as we've determined the migration date. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

--Yodapollo
    Yay! Can't wait.
    Thanks for the update. Gamesalad users are so impatient ;)

-Thomas
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    SnapFire said:
    Gamesalad users are so impatient ;)

What are you talking about, this is one of the most patient communities on the entire Internet :)

On a more serious note, thanks for the update Yoda. Take your time so it gets done right the first time. Can't wait to see the new forums!

- Alex
  • dreamgoaldreamgoal Member Posts: 9
    osucowboy18 said:
    What are you talking about, this is one of the most patient communities on the entire Internet :)

On a more serious note, thanks for the update Yoda. Take your time so it gets done right the first time. Can't wait to see the new forums!

- Alex

It's not the first time, it's the second, they already fluffed it up the first time :P
    So i suppose it'll be monday?

-Thomas
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    I can't wait!
    So what's the update GS?

-Thomas
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    Hahahahah Lol!! "Forums Upgrade Commencing Soon - One Day More" should be one week more!! (Name needs to be changed :))
    SaladStraightShooter said:
    There :D

Nice one! ;-)
    There :D

Any real update with this then?
    Yodapollo will be announcing something shortly. :)

Hmm, this looks promising :)

- Alex
    Hey, everybody!

We are confirmed that the forum change over will be happening TONIGHT! Actually, we'll be pulling down the forums in just a few hours (around 10pm CST) to begin the migration and change over. Again, we're hoping to keep the shut down to a minimum, but it could take several hours to complete the process. We will have the forums back up and running as quickly as possible.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding.

--Yodapollo
    Yodapollo said:
    Hey, everybody!

We are confirmed that the forum change over will be happening TONIGHT! Actually, we'll be pulling down the forums in just a few hours (around 10pm CST) to begin the migration and change over. Again, we're hoping to keep the shut down to a minimum, but it could take several hours to complete the process. We will have the forums back up and running as quickly as possible.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding.

--Yodapollo

Great news!

Thank you, GS team!
    Sounds great Yoda, can't wait for the update!

- Alex
  • youngster9youngster9 Member Posts: 326
    Will the server be going down in about 20 minutes?
    And.... We're BACK!

As you can see, the forums have undergone a slight upgrade. We'll continue to be introducing new features within the forums, including enhancing their interaction with your profile page. I hope you like the new style and we'll be tweaking some things over the next few days. So, please, be patient with us while we fine tune everything and get it all up to speed.

Thanks!

--Yodapollo
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Cheers Yoda. It looks good. The structure might well effect the postings as without a general 'working with gamesalad' things may well get more focused. I hope you might at some point do a heavy senior technical forum area, but the result of this restructure might tidy things up quite a bit. Thanks. Kipper
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Awesome yoda, just get back from the stupid exam and saw this great news!

Calvin
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    edited November 2011
    Wow looks very different on my phone. Look forward to checking it out on my mac in 5 minutes. Eeeeek!
    Loving the look on my mac...so many little features to check out.... looks very smart and clean
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    It's nice to see some changes.

The ability do dismiss stickies and preview the posts are nice as well as the ability to see all your threads and edit all your posts even the older ones.

However I'd like to see again the page numbers on the discussions.

Other nice extras to the forum:
    1. Add on the discussion list something to let the users know that a Head Chef answered (a different color like the stickies or a little icon)
    2. Highlight the unread posts since the last visit

While you make changes to the profile page please consider to give us the ability to manage our arcade and publishing portfolio (like the ability to delete unwanted items).

Seems pretty neat.

I was a fan of the yellow posts from GS employees.

seems at least that the color of the banner containing the name should be different from that of a sous chef.

I also preferred the old way of stating how long ago a thread had a new post, most users dont live in whatever specific time zone. even so, i shouldnt have to look up at the clock to see how fresh something is. in other words, 24 min ago is better in my opinion

just some constructive criticism.
  • 777ideas.com777ideas.com Member, PRO Posts: 895
    edited November 2011
    Great!!!! It looks nice!!!
    Excellent!!!
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2011
    I hate the look of it haha. Gonna take a while to get used to it :)

Ace
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    edited November 2011
    Wow, I actually miss the old forum.

I don't like the look of the forum. It's too wide. It seems the emphasis was on a forum that's compatible with mobile browsers... which is good... but it seems that the desktop version is not very elegant looking. Device specific stylesheets / templates could be used to deliver optimized versions for multiple platforms.

Also, this forum seems to have like zero options... WYSIWYG Editor? Profile options? Signatures? Picture uploading?

This really doesn't have to be so hard...
    http://www.vbulletin.com