iOS Binary RC 2022-05-13: iOS SDK 15.4. IronSource Updates. Pollfish support.

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad Creator you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.

For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.

Android

Changes

• Ad Network Updates:
    • IronSrc 7.2.0 (and matching updates for mediated networks)
      • Liftoff, Superawesome added.
      • Improved init to avoid sending data before GDRP consent
    • Admob 20.5.0
    • Chartboost 4.3.8
    • Does not apply to not Kindle or FireTV
  • Pollfish
  • GameAnalytics
  • Google Play Rate App
  • Allow enable multiple Full Screen Ad providers to allow for Pollfish + another provider.

Fixes

• Fix the speed issue on Pixel 4 and other phones that run over 60fps. We're going to lock GameSalad apps to run at a max of 60fps. Since I don't have a Pixel 4 yet, I can't test it, but we'll try to get one and test it before the RC becomes a stable build.

IOS

Changes

• Ad Network Updates
    • IronSrc 7.2.1.2
      • Support for HyprMX, Liftoff, MyTarget, Snap, Tencent, Yahoo.
    • Admob 9.1.0
    • Chartboost 8.5.0.1
  • Pollfish
  • Apple Rate App
  • Allow enable multiple Full Screen Ad providers to allow for Pollfish + another provider.

Bugs

• Fixed issue with ITMS-90901. Added full screen flag in plist.

Notes

Apple does their app rating widget a bit differently, so you will be able to see it in testing (though it will probably cause an error if you try to rate before your game is on the app store).

We rushed this release out because of the importance of the iOS update, so please, please, PLEASE test your apps before updating / releasing them on the store!

Next up is looking into any issues that have been reported on the Android RC and then integrating GameAnalytics.

Since there are no Android changes and there's too much to repeat, just go look here for all of that info.

https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/98628/android-binary-rc-2022-04-13-ironsource-upgrade-pollfish-google-play-rate-app/p1

https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/98629/pollfish-rewarded-polls/

https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/98630/gameanalytics/

Comments

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

Thank. you! Awesome update.

• zarzirzarzir Member, PRO Posts: 128
    edited May 2022

Great Thanks!

• The GlessnerdThe Glessnerd Member Posts: 63

Now I'm getting the following error message when trying to built the RC

"Could not copy provisioning profile: %@ 

A file with the name “060007a2-5adc-44e7-9345-fe9989d3b476.mobileprovision” already exists."

Theses are brand new provisioning profiles so I know they dont already exist

• ah4000ah4000 Member, PRO Posts: 15

Same...ugh

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

So we saw that in testing. I used iOS App Signer to get around it for now.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

I’m gonna look into how to fix it for Creator signing tomorrow.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Signed with iOS App Signer with no issues, and uploaded to Apple with no issues. Once it finishes processing I'll test the Rate popup.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

You are going to have a hard time testing the rate popup. On iOS it won't guarantee a pop. Nothing to do with GameSalad it's just how the api is set up on Apple.

By chance, is there a tutorial for using Gamesalad and iOS App Signer? I haven’t tried it yet, but just in case?

@The Glessnerd

Set up your certificate and provisioning profile exactly the same as if signing with GameSalad. If you already have them set up, you don't need to do anything new.

Open iOS App Signer. It will locate your certificate and provisioning profile automatically.

Pick the .app file you downloaded from GameSalad using the Browse button. (Note: The default behaviour on Mac is to "unpack" the downloaded app file. You may need to rename the resulting folder to YourGame.app)

Ensure the correct certificate is selected. (I had an old one still hanging around.)

Pick the provisioning profile for your game from the dropdown.

Click Start and select the output location.

So in “Publishing”, click download instead of sign?

@Armelline @adriangomez @adent42 maybe one of you or anyone else knows what is the difference between the Apple Distribution certificates to the iOS Distribution (App Store and Ad Hoc) certificates.

I've used the iOS Distribution (App Store and Ad Hoc) certificates up until now but I maxed out and I need to make another certificates for distribution, I was thinking maybe I can use the Apple Distribution certificates?

I also know I can revoke certificates but it takes a lot of time until they let you create another one from that type.

Okay, I think we found the issue. Regenerate and try signing with the main tool, if you're so inclined.

@adent42 I'm getting this error :

ITMS-90426: Invalid Swift Support - The SwiftSupport folder is missing. Rebuild your app using the current public (GM) version of Xcode and resubmit it.

@adent42 I can get through GS now but when I upload to Transporter, I get the following error:

Could not create a temporary .itmsp package for the app “Light the Way.ipa”. Failed to get the apps bundle id

Could you PM me your publishing link so I know which configuration I need to look at?

@adent42 went ahead and used iOS App Signer and had no problems

@adent42 I'm not sure if you were referring to me, I sent you a DM anyway.

• ah4000ah4000 Member, PRO Posts: 15

Looks like it is all fixed. Just signed and transported seamlessly . Thank you GS Team!

So it's only me with the: ITMS-90426: Invalid Swift Support ?

I tried from 3 different computers, new provision new certificate and nothing.

What xcode is everybody using?

edited May 2022

Thanks @The Glessnerd , I'm using 13.3 that's the latest for me

@adent42 I'm now getting the error from Transporter: error ITMS-90432 "invalid swift support. The file

*****************.app/Frameworks/.DS_Store doesn't have the correct

file type for this location. Ensure youre using the correct file, rebuild your app using the current public (GM) version of Xcode, and resubmit it.

I signed and published without issue, @zarzir.

I'm on 13.2.1, still on Big Sur.

Anyone successful sign with IronSrc. My guess is that IronSrc is the issue. With it's larger variety of projects, it looks like we may need to do some configuration for Swift.

@zarzir

for your latest issue, I think you may have opened the app package after unzipping it, creating the .DS_Store file.

In the command line run the following:

find <path to project> -name ".DS_Store"

If you see anything. Then you will need to run:

find <path to project> -name ".DS_Store" -exec rm -rf {} \;

where <path to project> is the path to your game project. Say it's in your download folder as "MyGame.app". Then you'd type.

cd Downloads
    find ./MyGame.app -name ".DS_Store" -exec rm -rf {} \;

edited May 2022

@adent42 you are right about the latest issue, I did open the zip and now I get it to deliver again.

I will try to build without ironsource and see if it will show in the store.

@adent42 Right about the ironsource part as well, it's working without it.

Is it safe to remove all the ads framework that I don't use and see if it's working? or is it something else?

@zarzir that's easier said than done as it's most of the ad networks at this point. we should have a new build soon.

Ok I'll wait, thanks

edited May 2022

@adent42 , From my Initial testing it's looks like pollfish works for the first call, on the second it get stuck (a click on the banner will direct to the browser but the game will not respond).

Another issue with pollfish is that the that the callback attribute doesn't seems to work.

Could it be related to the "Allow App To Talk To Any Domain Insecurely"?