App Binary RC 1.25.20210203 - Android IAP Fix. Android Ad Network Update.

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad Creator you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.

For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.

This build fixes an issue Android IAP and updates Ad Networks versions.

Android:

Changes

• Target API 29
  • Min API 21
  • Upgrade to Google Play Service Base & Basement 17.2.1.
  • Use Google Billing Client 3.0.2 instead of deprecated AIDL billing library.
  • IronSrc 7.1.0 and all mediated networks.
  • Admob 19.6.0
  • Chartboost 8.2.0
  • Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where FireTV would pause on launch leading to app reviewers to think the game has frozen.
  • Fix bug where Google IAP does work.

iOS:

Changes

• Publishing with IronSrc disabled will now exclude IronSrc libraries, making the binary smaller.
  • IronSrc Banner Ad Support
  • Chartboost Banner Ad Support
  • Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings
  • Deployment target of iOS 12.1 with SDK 13.x
  • Update to IronSrc 7.1.0.0
  • IronSrc now includes all mediated networks except HyperMX
  • Update to Chartboost 8.4.0
  • Update to Admob 7.69.0
  • Enable with the Enable Ad Network Attribution publishing option.
  • Support requestTrackingAuthorizationWithCompletionHandler
  • Support SKAdNetworkItems / SKAdNetworkIdentifier in publishing.
  • Support paymentQueue listener for App Store promotion purchases of IAP (untested).

Fixes

• Fix landscape loading image issue
  • Fix interstitial ad display
  • Updated code to avoid potential crashes from background updates from IAP and GameCenter
  • Accelerometer updates 1/30 of a second rather than 1/60, to hopefully better march old behavior.
  • Fixed Admob Banner Ad sizing

Both:

• Updated Freestick to 0.3.2 allowing for more controller support.
  • Removed loading of TIFF, EXR, and RAW images from freeimage
  • Consolidated XML parsing to libxml2 (changing the table loader from expat)

Last Update: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/98251/app-binary-rc-1-25-20210122-ios-ad-network-version-updates/p1

Commentary

We tracked down the Google Play IAP issue that people were having and it should be fixed now.

No change to iOS from the last version, but we did remember to delete the framework causing signing issue.

I've also heard some complaints about Google Play Leaderboards. I've specifically tested that on this build and it works, so if you have problems, PM me with your publishing link. Also it might help to send me a link to your signed APK, because I think Leaderboards and Achievements need APKs signed with the correct keystore. I may send you to our CS team for troubleshooting, but having real projects to check against is helpful.

Just as a behind the scenes info, this contains the code for partial implementation of expansion file loading. We're still not quite there yet because depending on the file type we load files from different parts of the code (ugh) as an optimization. We shooting for end of week to get into testing, but it will depend on how quickly we can grok a few things.

As usual your version of Creator won't affect things, just when and whether you hit Build RC.

Enjoy!

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

If you hit Build RC between the post and now for Android with IAP, do it again. We found one more issue and pushed an update, but not quite worth a whole new posts for it.

• AcroxiaAcroxia Member, PRO Posts: 50

Thanks!

• AcroxiaAcroxia Member, PRO Posts: 50

@adent42 Thank you very much for this update.

I still get a message when I update on Google Play after RC build.

'Your app has been verified to use an earlier version of Google Play payment. All app updates must use payment library version 3 or later by November 1, 2021. Please update to version 3 of the payment library before this date.'

• four8gamesfour8games Member, PRO Posts: 29

Hey Thanks! been waiting for this accelerator fix! I'll be building and releasing using the latest build right away. I'll let you know how the new accelerator fix works.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@Acroxia so the message should be okay for now,. We have definitely upgraded to Android Billing Library 3+, but I think we have some configuration for the older stuff that Google is finding. We're testing it now and if it's what I think it is, it's an easy fix (doesn't even require a new build).

FYI the RC has been updated. We just needed to remove the android BILLING permission from the Android Manifest. It's no longer needed by the new billing API and google was keying off its presence to detect old implementations.

• JaimeCCJaimeCC Member, PRO Posts: 17

@adent42 Thank you very much for this new update.

However, these new RC versions of the Creator seem to incorporate an issue with admob rewarded interstitials: as soon as the "seconds left" countdown finishes in the video ad, the APP crashes. Tested with iOS Testflight.

Please try to test this issue on any APP with admob rewarded interstitials, when the .ipa is created with these last RC versions.

@JaimeCC this doesn't happen with admob test ads, which is what I'm using. It may be something wrong with a specific configuration. Could you PM me your publishing link? Also is it every ad or do you notice that it's caused by a particular kind of ad (i.e. video or interactive, etc).

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@adent42 there does seem to be an issue with admob ads since the most recent rc (with test ads anyway).

i've done a recent test/ad hoc bulid using .100 and .101 - reward/video ads seem to play right, but static interstitial ads show up as a black screen. seems to have only started recently. i'm not sure if it's the case with proper ad impressions, but it is the case with test ads.

@bob loblaw I'm assuming you need RC (as the Creator version won't matter). I haven't seen that in testing with test mode on iOS. Do you mean iOS or Android.

FYI the following iOS issues have been confirmed and a fix is on the way:

• Crash on iOS < 14. This was due to Snap Ad Network through IronSrc. The Ad network uses a embedded framework, not supported by our signing flow OR iOS 12. Removed the network and all was good.
    • Crash on Admob Reward ads. We were not initializing a value that was required on the response. If you ran Interstitial Ads first, that value got initialized. In our testing script, we always ran Interstitials before Rewards, and thus didn't see the error.
    • For Game Center, if you use Reset Game, your Platform Connected attribute gets reset. Login won't set it correctly subsequently. This will now reset correctly.

We should be ready to test things soon and will get these fixes out to you ASAP. Then we'll be moving on to Android issues.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

on ios - i haven’t looked at android as yet.

maybe it’s an admob issue rather than a gs thing. it comes up with a black screen with test mode at the top and the x to close. if you click on the screen, it still links to the admob page.

• AshumBesherAshumBesher Member, PRO Posts: 121

Hello. Chartboost on Android seems to have stopped working with the latest RC. No interstitial ads showing up anymore.

• AshumBesherAshumBesher Member, PRO Posts: 121

Never mind, it's working fine, it was due to a mistake I made.

edited February 2021

FYI:

@bob loblaw The iOS Admob Reward Ad issue has been fixed in the latest RC.

Everyone else:

I'm going to start looking into Android issues this week and also try to make some progress on the expansion files. Comment if you have any RC issues in the other RC thread!