App Binary RC 1.25.20210203 - Android IAP Fix. Android Ad Network Update.
To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad Creator you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.
For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.
This build fixes an issue Android IAP and updates Ad Networks versions.
- Target API 29
- Min API 21
- Upgrade to Google Play Service Base & Basement 17.2.1.
- Use Google Billing Client 3.0.2 instead of deprecated AIDL billing library.
- IronSrc 7.1.0 and all mediated networks.
- Admob 19.6.0
- Chartboost 8.2.0
- Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings.
- Fixed bug where FireTV would pause on launch leading to app reviewers to think the game has frozen.
- Fix bug where Google IAP does work.
- Publishing with IronSrc disabled will now exclude IronSrc libraries, making the binary smaller.
- IronSrc Banner Ad Support
- Chartboost Banner Ad Support
- Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings
- Deployment target of iOS 12.1 with SDK 13.x
- Update to IronSrc 184.108.40.206
- IronSrc now includes all mediated networks except HyperMX
- Update to Chartboost 8.4.0
- Update to Admob 7.69.0
- Enable with the Enable Ad Network Attribution publishing option.
- Support requestTrackingAuthorizationWithCompletionHandler
- Support SKAdNetworkItems / SKAdNetworkIdentifier in publishing.
- Support paymentQueue listener for App Store promotion purchases of IAP (untested).
- Fix landscape loading image issue
- Fix interstitial ad display
- Updated code to avoid potential crashes from background updates from IAP and GameCenter
- Accelerometer updates 1/30 of a second rather than 1/60, to hopefully better march old behavior.
- Fixed Admob Banner Ad sizing
- Updated Freestick to 0.3.2 allowing for more controller support.
- Removed loading of TIFF, EXR, and RAW images from freeimage
- Consolidated XML parsing to libxml2 (changing the table loader from expat)
We tracked down the Google Play IAP issue that people were having and it should be fixed now.
No change to iOS from the last version, but we did remember to delete the framework causing signing issue.
I've also heard some complaints about Google Play Leaderboards. I've specifically tested that on this build and it works, so if you have problems, PM me with your publishing link. Also it might help to send me a link to your signed APK, because I think Leaderboards and Achievements need APKs signed with the correct keystore. I may send you to our CS team for troubleshooting, but having real projects to check against is helpful.
Just as a behind the scenes info, this contains the code for partial implementation of expansion file loading. We're still not quite there yet because depending on the file type we load files from different parts of the code (ugh) as an optimization. We shooting for end of week to get into testing, but it will depend on how quickly we can grok a few things.
As usual your version of Creator won't affect things, just when and whether you hit Build RC.