Binary RC 2023-04-03: Ad Network Updates, Tweet Sheet for playSound and playVideoURL, Keyboard Input

2»

Comments

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

thank you so much.

I'm sending an update right now I hope it will work.

thanks

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682
    edited April 2023

• NoobDevNoobDev Member, PRO Posts: 41

Sorry I have not been following the forum as much as I should have the past few weeks. I'm going to update my app tomorrow. Are there any known issues with this current RC build for android? Also when this swift support stuff that was causing issues for people gets added back into the mix will I have to worry about it since I only use admob or is this code included in all compiles regardless of what ad services you use?

• adam36021adam36021 Member, PRO Posts: 45
    edited May 2023

The video command is neat. If anyone is looking to test it out, here's a github gist with a bunch of public domain hosted mp4 files for testing.

The sound functions are going to be a lifesaver, so thank you. However: it would be very useful if there was a sound volume or pitch control there, maybe as a modifier in the gs:playSound part.. gs:playSound?vol=.5pitch=1 or something? (and making these reference variables)

The keyboard function seems to work just fine for what its intended to do. Haven't tested on iOS yet but works nicely in html5 creator.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,065
    edited May 2023

@NoobDev no known issues (or if there are, someone DM me please!) I'm talking about the latest build and not this one, of course.

Also depending on when you were last creating with us, we're actually better with what we include (at least on Android).

We'll only build (or intend to only build) what services are requested or are necessary. If you see something included by mistake, it's a problem we can usually quickly fix with a publishing system patch and not a whole new binary build.

• NoobDevNoobDev Member, PRO Posts: 41

Ok, I ended up rolling out my update that day and no issues have been reported from my player base as of yet. Still waiting for that option to remove the loading wheel. That critter is the last thing keeping my app from looking polished. Also Im still pulling apk's from the aab file since my app was on google play prior to the aab requirement but Im just curious if there is now an automatic signing process for aab's on gamesalads side like there was for apk's or it still has to be done manually? I remember reading that thread about how to do it and finding it to be out of my league comprehension wise. If it still needs to be done manually is the gamesalad team planning to make it automatic at any point or would that be too much trouble? Thanks in advance.