Binary RC 2023-04-03: Ad Network Updates, Tweet Sheet for playSound and playVideoURL, Keyboard Input

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054
edited April 2023 in Release Notes

THIS BUILD HAS BEEN ROLLED BACK TO 1.25.20220721 DUE TO ISSUES WITH THE LATEST APP STORE REQUIREMENTS.

To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad Creator you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.

For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.

Android

Changes

• Compile SDK 31, MinSDK 21, TargetSDK 31
  • Ad Network Updates:
    • IronSrc 7.2.6 (and matching updates for mediated networks)
      • Liftoff, Superawesome added.
      • Improved init to avoid sending data before GDRP consent
    • Admob 21.3.0
    • Chartboost 9.1.1
    • Does not apply to not Kindle or FireTV
  • Allow enable multiple Full Screen Ad providers to allow for Pollfish + another provider.
  • Google Play Rate App
  • GameAnalytics 6.3.4
  • Pollfish 6.2.2

iOS

Changes

• Min/Target SDK 12.1, Build SDK iOS16
  • IronSrc 7.2.6 (and matching updates for mediated networks)
  • Admob 9.13.0
  • Chartboost 9.1.0
  • GameAnalytics 4.7.2
  • Pollfish 6.7.2

Notes

Check here for stuff from the last RC.

More Tweet Sheet Actions!

As before we have implemented new behaviors via TweetSheet highjacking, to avoid forcing users to upgrade Creator versions with new behaviors (as well as save us some development time).

Play Video from URL

"gs:playVideoURL" in the Message

url to the video (mp4) in the Image

For iOS, make sure to include your source video as a Domain Exception during publishing. Since we're using the native video view, I guess anything the platform supports will work, but mp4 is a pretty safe bet cross platform.

Video will play back with no UI and uninterrupted (we'll build in things like full control or just skip and mute later. Figured a default case of unskippable videos works for thinks like cut scenes and training videos for now.

Play Sound

In Message put one of:

gs:playSound - plays sound, stops if behavior is out of scope

gs:playSoundLoop - plays sound on loop, stops if behavior is out of scope

gs:playSoundComplete - plays sound til end, even if behavior goes out of scope

gs:playMusic - starts playing music until track end

gs:playMusicLoop - starts playing music and loops on track end.

In Image put the name of the sound to play with either a literal string or an expression

This will allow you to use expressions to play different audio, avoiding having to use a lot of rules for different audio. By out of scope, I mostly mean "when rule is no longer valid. So for the none *Complete actions, if gs:playSound is in a rule, it wills top playing if the rule condition is no longer true. If Complete is used, then it will finish playing even after the rule condition is no longer true.

Keyboard Capture

I the Keyboard Input behavior if you set the prompt to "gs:captureKeyboard", then the system will show the software keyboard on mobile or start recording input from the physical keyboard on desktop. The Keyboard Input Action will act like a Keyboard Input Behavior. When the user hits Enter, the behavior exists. When the user types, it updates the attribute references in the Change Attribute field of the behavior.

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

FYI, we did a basic test to make sure things generated, but we will continue to test tomorrow. We have been testing it, but there are always a few things that don't make it over because of differences in QA and Production. So if you find any issues specific to this build let us know!

• AHBGamesAHBGames Member, PRO Posts: 115

Hi @adent42 , I´m updating an application to the app store and I get these errors when compiling with the current RC, a week ago I updated an app and there was no problem, it was approved, but today I received this email immediately after uploading it to the store.

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Mímica 2: Actúa y adivina" 8 (1.0.3). Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

ITMS-90426: Invalid Swift Support - The SwiftSupport folder is missing. Rebuild your app using the current public (GM) version of Xcode and resubmit it.

ITMS-90482: Invalid Executable - The executable 'Mimica 2.app/Frameworks/Pollfish.framework/Pollfish' contains bitcode.

I need to update it soon :/

I don't know if there is someone else with the same problem? Or another team member who can answer? I don't know if I have to tag adent42 or another member since they haven't answered my questions lately :/

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

Thanks for the report. We're looking into it.

Ok, thanks.

• NuGamerNuGamer Member Posts: 25

Excited for the new update, but I seem to be having an issue. I used the build RC button in the publishing page and uploaded to the playstore. Unfortunately, on the playstore new release page it says my bundle package needs to be "com.x.x". I used the correct package name in the GS publishing page, but it is not being recognised.

• Hideki MatsuiHideki Matsui JapanMember, PRO Posts: 82

@AHBGames I'm in the same trouble.

ITMS-90426: Invalid Swift Support - The SwiftSupport folder is missing. Rebuild your app using the current public (GM) version of Xcode and resubmit it.

ITMS-90482: Invalid Executable - The executable 'HKIax9PJRX6x-cl5Kph45Q__TestByHM.app/Frameworks/Pollfish.framework/Pollfish' contains bitcode.

Now, I'm working on my new project. And the error has occured on trying testflight on iPhone. We need somebody's help.

I'm guessing this is not the case, but please double check (though it won't fix the Pollfish issue:

"you will see this error if you are submitting an app with an ad-hoc provisioning profile instead of release profile. ensure that you’re not submitting an ad-hoc build"

Okay, I'm trying to track down the Pollfish issue, but the SwiftSupport issues is going to be a bit tricky.

Basically this is something that's now submitted with the IPA and not with the app.

Since we build the IPA from the tool, you will need to manually add it to your IPA for now.

Once I figure out the Pollfish thing, I'll provide instructions for the SwiftSupport while we work on getting it working correctly "out-of-the-box"

• Hideki MatsuiHideki Matsui JapanMember, PRO Posts: 82

@adent42

Thank you for replying.

As you can imagine, my provisioning profile is not ad-hoc.

The test flight was valid on April 4th in Japan time, but a problem occurred the next day.

I would appreciate it if you could solve it as soon as possible.

Yah @Hideki Matsui , I didn't think it would be, but wanted people to check "just in case". After I wrote that message, we discovered the real issue. We'll have instructions to work around the issue shortly. Since we have to fix the Pollfish issue, we wanted to get a fix and release a build before documenting the instructions.

• NuGamerNuGamer Member Posts: 25

@adent42 pls also look into the package name issue

@NuGamer could you DM me your publishing link?

• Jeffm2Jeffm2 Member, PRO Posts: 142

Just curious if there will be a UI any time soon for the video implementation

FYI. Since there's no change except a recompile, we just pushed RC 2023-04-10.

I'm hoping it will fix the ITMS-90482 issue with an updated Pollfish.

I'm working on an idea to fix ITMS-90426 and should have another update soon.

Okay while I work on automating this for everyone, here's the manual process. You should only need these if you enable any ad network.

GUI Version:

• Sign your app so you have an ipa.
    • Add .zip to your ipa.
    • Create a temp directory and move your zip file in there.
    • Double click the .ipa.zip to unzip it.
    • Download the file below that applies to you (i.e. the one that matches the type of app you're building).
    • Unzip the SwiftSupport file and copy the result into the top level of your unzipped ipa directory (i.e. so that SwiftSupport and Payload are in the same directory).
    • Move your original ipa somewhere else, like up a directory.
    • Shift Select Payload and SwiftSupport. Right click and "Compress"
    • The result will be Archive.zip. Rename it to the same name as your ipa ("Use .ipa" when asked about changing the file extension).

You now have an IPA with the required SwiftSupport directory!

CLI Version:

In Terminal do the following (change MyGame and SwiftSupport to your correct files).

unzip MyGame.ipa -d tmp
    unzip SwiftSupport-Universal.zip -d tmp
    (cd tmp && zip -r ../MyGameAppStore.ipa .)
    rm -rf tmp 

MyGameAppStore.ipa is now the ipa you submit!

Sorry for how convoluted this is a result of both Pollfish and various IronSrc providers moving to swift for their stuff, requiring that we add the SwiftSupport directory as part of the submitted IPA.

Swift Support Packages

https://releases.gamesalad.com/SwiftSupport/SwiftSupport-iPad.zip

https://releases.gamesalad.com/SwiftSupport/SwiftSupport-iPhone.zip

https://releases.gamesalad.com/SwiftSupport/SwiftSupport-Universal.zip

Hi @adent42 I don't know if I'm doing a wrong step but now I get this email from apple when I upload it. I used swiftsupport for iphone and universal and they both give me the same email.

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Mímica 2: Actúa y adivina" 10 (1.0.3). Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

ITMS-90429: Invalid Swift Support - The files libswiftDarwin.dylib, libswiftMetal.dylib, libswiftCoreAudio.dylib, libswiftsimd.dylib, libswiftQuartzCore.dylib, libswift_Concurrency.dylib, libswiftos.dylib, libswiftObjectiveC.dylib, libswiftDispatch.dylib, libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib, libswiftCoreFoundation.dylib, libswiftUIKit.dylib, libswiftCoreMedia.dylib, libswiftAVFoundation.dylib, libswiftCore.dylib, libswiftFoundation.dylib, libswiftCoreImage.dylib aren’t at the expected location /Payload/Mimica2.app/Frameworks. Move the file to the expected location, rebuild your app using the current public (GM) version of Xcode, and resubmit it.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

@AHBGames , can you DM me your publishing? It should be in both places, but I may have disabled them in one of the builds and I need to know which one.

Thanks

@NuGamer the app Id issue should be fixed now, just hit Build RC again.

We had a config we forgot to disable when deploying the build that was overwriting your ID.

Also thanks to @AHBGames , @pinkio75 for providing more info to help me find the issue.

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

@adent42

I did everything you said here but I get "Invalid Binary" when I'm sending the signed IPA file to Apple.

the app is on the App Store for many year and I'm just sending an update and not new IPA for the first time.

can you help?

We're still trying to figure it out on our side. I may restore the old RC this weekend if we can't work it out.

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

At what point do you get the message? I was able to upload through Transporter, but haven't submitted yet.

NM, I got an email with the issues. And, back to figure things out.

Almost got it. The one bad thing is we'll need to up the minimum iOS to 12.2 and with the latest version of Admob you'll have to provide the Admob App ID for the build as they no longer let you initialize it later.

I've got one more problem to solve and we should have a good build to go by Tuesday.

edited April 2023

THIS BUILD HAS BEEN ROLLED BACK AND IS NO LONGER ACTIVE.

Yah, we went back to the old one for now. I ran a build last night and I'm working on testing it and getting it up there.

ok, thanks