Request Time Out - Publishing

2»

Comments

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

24 + 7 hours.... and counting....

24 + 9 hours.... and counting....

Only Projects of 5mb and lower can be published. Only small file sized projects can be uploaded to the amazon S3 server to be published right now. And only small file sized projects can be downloaded off the portfolio page to be signed right now.

24 + 11 hours of FAILED GS publishing. LOST TIME.
    How many days will this go on?
    Nothing GS can do but to blame amazon S3?

edited June 2015

After waiting for 24 + 17 hours I manage to "coax" the creator to publish. The amazon S3 server initially will accept project of file size 10mb. Then I published a 20mb file sized project and then 30mb.
    If I immediately send through my actual project of 47mb file size, it will throw me a "request time out" error. Means the amazon S3 throttled the upload speed again!

So I tried again, uploading a small file sized project first, when that got through I did the same process to upload a bigger file and then eventually my actual project. And now it went through. Successfully.

This is happened the same time yesterday.

This problem should never happen. 2 days in a row like this.

GS fail at publishing for 2 days. Request timed out at the very last moment when the file has been sent to amazon S3 server. This time round the speed was acceptable. Fast. But still FAIL!!!!
    Check this video and see that the file sent packet has successfully been transmitted to amazon and only at the very last sec it all went to nothing.

and now it say "the network connection was lost".

And now the speed is back to a crawl AGAIN!
    Watch the whole action with the console messages here.

So no one can help me with this problem?

and just when I managed to get through, the signing process gives me problems!
    Look at this! Downloading app package takes 1 hour and 21 minutes and then it went bust.

In 2 hours, it will be 48 hours this problem is occurring. 2 FULL DAYS.
    And NO ONE from GS is able to help. incredible.

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476

@izam Shot in the dark but have you tried doing trace routes from your computer to amazon, and/or gamesalad to see if there's a bad hop or something in-between?

And now I've got something new popping up. And yes, I still can't publish.48 hours + 4 hours and counting...

Hi @Summation can you tell me how to do this?

48 + 9 hours and counting...still the same problem. Can't publish, can't download the app to sign.

It seems to be that there is a specific time window when the amazon S3 server will be ok. Right at this moment, when I click on publish it manages to do so at at the normal fast speed and doesn't fail. downloading and Signing the app is also ok. If today is going to be like yesterday, then I'm expecting this to FAIL yet again in about 4 hours time from now.

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476
    edited June 2015

@izam said:
    Hi Summation can you tell me how to do this?

I have no idea how Macs work but on a PC you open a command prompt and type something like:

tracert www.gamesalad.com

Thanks @Summation I will look into this!

edited June 2015

Yup. Just as I thought, today is the same as the previous 2 days. The same problem. I still can't publish and can't sign the app.
    Another thing to note is that downloading the GS creator also is slow. Taking 1 day 3 hours and 17 minutes for a 30+mb file that it is.
    Somehow the amazon S3 server is throttling the speed all the way down for 18 hours out of a FULL day. It is only back to normal or somewhat normal for only a 6 hour window. And this 6 hour window is at 3 am till 9 am where I am now.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@izam If you are using a wireless router, try to connect to the internet through a ethernet cable instead and try again.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

@Lovejoy I will try this. Right now, it is 3.36 am (GMT+8) and I can publish. But it still failed initially. I am now generating an android build.

A peculiar thing I notice now is this:
    at this moment when it successfully go through to publishing, GS creator quits instantly.

• Kid_Ninja_GamesKid_Ninja_Games Member, PRO Posts: 25

What speeds are you getting from the ookla speedtest?

this is currently the speed from speedtest.

Ok publishing went through but this happened after I tried to sign the app. Signing the apk went OK. But I can't quit or do anything on GS creator. I had to force quit the app.

• Kid_Ninja_GamesKid_Ninja_Games Member, PRO Posts: 25

Wow that speed is good enough to upload in a timely fashion. I would have no issue uploading it for you but I don't know what all that would entail?

thanks @Kid_Ninja_Games for the offer to help. I don't know but if I'm really desperate I will definitely take up your offer.

FINALLY! After 3 days the service has resumed normal its normal process. So far....