Flappy Bird!

Comments

• TouchiMediaTouchiMedia Member Posts: 154
    edited February 2014
    Ya'll doing it wrong .. copycats rarely if ever make money.. when was the last CopyCat App you see hit top 20 and sustain? Uhmm rarely.. cause why would anyone download a blatant rip that's just trying to cash in on an original idea that now has the popularity/support to improve. Also - Flappy Bird's main draw for the 'casual crowd' is the share to facebook function. I doubt any flappy bird's copies on here have / can do that..

Nothing wrong with taking ideas from various games and using them in your own 'original' game.. but replacing bird with say a goose or something -- I just don't see why it'd make any money, which would be the only reason you are doing it...?? If you doing something you enjoy or for fun - at least be original somewhat!!
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Ha, you can play mine already. Beat that. http://arcade.gamesalad.com/game/118089
  • iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648
    Cloning is bad and all but jeez two of these clones are on the top of the Free games list already. IronPants have been climbing up the list for a few days now.
  • mcrtommcrtom Member, PRO Posts: 147
    edited February 2014
    Ya'll doing it wrong .. copycats rarely if ever make money.. when was the last CopyCat App you see hit top 20 and sustain? Uhmm rarely.. cause why would anyone download a blatant rip that's just trying to cash in on an original idea that now has the popularity/support to improve. Also - Flappy Bird's main draw for the 'casual crowd' is the share to facebook function. I doubt any flappy bird's copies on here have / can do that..

Nothing wrong with taking ideas from various games and using them in your own 'original' game.. but replacing bird with say a goose or something -- I just don't see why it'd make any money, which would be the only reason you are doing it...?? If you doing something you enjoy or for fun - at least be original somewhat!!
    Cloning is bad and all but jeez two of these clones are on the top of the Free games list already. IronPants have been climbing up the list for a few days now.
    Flappy bird is a clone. And I'm not talking about the helicopter game. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.pioupiou&hl=fr
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    edited February 2014
    @mcrtom there have been a few games similar to Flappy Bird and no one gave a damn but because of all this hype from now on any game that is similar to Flappy Bird will be blacklisted.

Obviously that won't stop people from trying. But there are 2 types of trying...

1. Try make it their own style, unique twist, whatever you wanna call it.
    2. Try and make a clone.

Like I said before, one of these can effect any future releases you may have. But thats a risk YOU (as a "developer" ) have to make.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @VeiraGames
    Obviously that won't stop people from trying.

The thing about Flappy Bird is that the build / mechanics / graphics are all relatively easy, any reasonably competent developer can clone Flappy Bird in a couple of hours (give or take), so I think it's reasonable to expect an avalanche of Flappy Bird copies in the coming weeks, months.

I'm working on my own version, it's subtly different to the original as I've made the sound when the bird hits the floor slightly quieter, I expect to make at least a million.
    There is pretty much a clone of most stuff if you just go back far enough.. All I meant that if a game rockets to success , copying it and changing minor things like a graphic or something rarely if ever works -- not quite sure how iron pants did it but it's getting lots of negative reviews.

And @Socks … hope you're being sarcastic ;)

IGN did an article and the author of the game, Dong, said he didn't even want success for the game .. lol go figure!
  • LoadedLoaded Member Posts: 240
    Make something new people. Geez.

Website » Twitter » Facebook » Loaded Arts - Fun for thumbs.

Developer Blog » 08/01/2015 - Week 72 – Apple, the great dictator…

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    my version has two birds to control going in opposite direction, should be a bit harder..
  • j75j75 Member, PRO Posts: 235

You should do some research before ranting.
    @BBEnk
    my version has two birds to control going in opposite direction, should be a bit harder..
    Too easy, I was thinking that the bird should be invisible, there should be 2 second delay between tapping the screen and the bird moving and there should be no gap in the approaching walls.
  • aitor010aitor010 Member Posts: 282
    Honestly, this game appear in great 'reviewers' of youtube, some with more of 1.000.000 of visits, is normally have this downloads if appears in youtube channel with much visits.
    In my game I received reviews of users that they say "This game is better that flappy bird" but my game only be two days in TOP 500 of USA puzzle game, how is this possible? Marketing? What is the best marketing way?
  • ChillBoxChillBox Member, PRO Posts: 115
    edited February 2014
  • aitor010aitor010 Member Posts: 282
    why more clones? Not success in app store, is as make an angry birds clone..... but Assad is amazing hahahahaha

You should do some research before ranting.
    Care to elaborate? People play games that are original not clones. Why would anyone play a watered down version of a popular game
    @Talo
    Flappy Assad -

@Adamgopro
    @bradon_SFX
    @DeepBlueApps
    @timolapre1998

Excellent !

It would also be good to make a Flappy Bird Template . . .

It's a template of a Flappy Bird game flying along and the 'pipes' are the grabbing hands of iOS developers trying to grab the Flappy Bird template.
    Ok, this one is guaranteed to make at least a million, everything is the same as Flappy Birds except the approaching walls are banner ads .
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    edited February 2014
    Ok, this one is guaranteed to make at least a million, everything is the same as Flappy Birds except the approaching walls are banner ads .
    Whichever pipe you hit, that ad pops up. Brilliant.
    Whichever poor you hit, that ad pops up. Brilliant.

LoL you guys crack me up. But seriously it amazes me how many unoriginal people there are. Soon as a game hits success, copy and paste.. Get real people!!

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited February 2014

LoL you guys crack me up. But seriously it amazes me how many unoriginal people there are. Soon as a game hits success, copy and paste.. Get real people!!

I think most of the people made it for a template (I did) I am not going to publish the remade version and I think most won't.

You're just jealous that we are all going to make a million dollars and you won't.

<:-P
    So if we can somehow figure out what the players like(for example, baseball or soda) we could display ads related to that. That way they may try to die and have an ad pop up. Best idea ever, if I do say so myself. The player gets to see what they like, and we get to see what we like($$$!)
    So if we can somehow figure out what the players like(for example, baseball or soda) we could display ads related to that. That way they may try to die and have an ad pop up. Best idea ever, if I do say so myself. The player gets to see what they like, and we get to see what we like($$$!)
    You're missing a trick here, all the ads should be for Flappy Bird templates, that way we can create a kind of Flappy Bird feedback loop and everyone will make at least a million dollars including the player and the bird*

*Not worked the actual maths out yet, but it will definitely work.
    edited February 2014
    You're missing a trick here, all the ads should be for Flappy Bird templates, that way we can create a kind of Flappy Bird feedback loop and everyone will make at least a million dollars including the player and the bird*

*Not worked the actual maths out yet, but it will definitely work.

..... I like the way you think.... 8-X >:)
    Fly Piggie! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5BAVRI
    1,000,000 copies sold after 3 days!!! $0 made but I'm famous!
    Wow thats a lot. How come you're not in the top 1000 games?
    Wow thats a lot. How come you're not in the top 1000 games?
    My numbers may be off by 999,900. :^o
  • dayofjackaldayofjackal Member Posts: 111
    Such a simple game, is its ranking organic? bot based...a bit of both? who cares. This could have been made in gamesalad as all the templates show with ease :)

It wouldn't even make gamesalad break a sweat. For anyone who thinks gamesalad can't make a no1 game this shows it could (and yes, i know it wasn't made with gamesalad).

But its taken a top slot in the app store and it should give people inspiration that you can have success. Such a shame he didn't add revmob, chartboost or applovin in there (yet). He's left a big pay cheque on the floor lol
  • VGXVGX Member Posts: 796
    Such a shame he didn't add revmob, chartboost or applovin in there (yet). He's left a big pay cheque on the floor lol
    Sometimes its not always about the money but just the love of making games. But I do agree with you though lol
    edited February 2014
    @dayofjackal -- for the most part yes.. But the most drawing feature, posting score to facebook with push of a button has yet to be done in Gamesalad as far as I know.. and I think is part of the reason it's so popular

How does revmob or chartboost differ from iads?