Build 0.10.4.1 is available!

Comments

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited October 2013
    Unlocking the actor and "reverting to prototype" immediately again is another work-around.
  • blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    @CodeWizard When I updated to the latest 10.4 release and try to test my apps on the IOS Viewer I get a message telling me to download the latest version of the viewer. I re-downloaded the viewer but I still get the same message.

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    Has anyone else had this glitch? I can't test any of my games anymore.

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @blue_elephant I updated the viewer to version 10.4.1 and all is working as expected ... I think you might have the wrong version of the viewer installed ... I suggest you uninstall all versions of the viewer on you Apple device download the 10.4.1 version that matches your creator version then try again ... I guarantee if you have the correct version you will have no issues .. Hope this helps ...
  • mastermindsmasterminds Member, PRO Posts: 44
    edited October 2013
    With this new update I have allot of errors with android apps, it is crashing and some of my apps have errors what I didn't had before the update, I didn't change anything on my app and published and tested it on my samsung tablet full of errors but when I test my apk before the update it just works fine without errors. Now I can't create or update apps for android, I want this fixed or how can I get the previous update back that one was 100 times better!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Has anyone else had this glitch? I can't test any of my games anymore.
    i know it's not helpful, but try doing adhoc builds, it's a better way to test anyways.

• theprinttheprint Member, PRO Posts: 13
    The particle issue doesn't seem to be fixed - or maybe there is a new one. When particles start appearing, my graphics begin to flicker (in builds only, not in GS preview). I did not have this issue in earlier versions. :((
  • MeruChakraAusMeruChakraAus Member, PRO Posts: 38
    can't generate app on game salad website through portfolio :((((( please help.!!
  • MeruChakraAusMeruChakraAus Member, PRO Posts: 38
    Cant access my portfolio on game salad website !!! :(((
  • gabrielmungabrielmun Member, PRO Posts: 41
    I can't still generate APK! Why updated server?(Not even patch note) Now every time losing my money! What the hell? Why don't answer GS?
    My project file size is 220M. I think GS server can't reading 150M over files. Come on GS! Answer!

Error message is
    Something went wrong building your app. Please check your settings, make sure your icon and default loading images are png files and try again. If the problem persists contact us and reference publish request [82418e44-b961-4231-933f-4d0365c4b4fd].

I changed icon&default loading images on 30times. But not working.
    If server error, you must be answer!
    If my project file error, you must be answer!
    Answer! Don't silence!
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    edited October 2013
    I want to give a warning. Looks like 0.10.4.1 seriously broke my game logic for Android. Looks like some actors spawn in wrong position. Although I think the problem in on the publishing side.
  • floydianspiralfloydianspiral Member, PRO Posts: 308
    Does the display text behavior work on retina devices for anyone? I was unsure if this was solved as I recently tested a game on a new device and realized any display text behaviors that get text from a table don't even show up in my game...which is a problem because I was putting quotes there while levels load. I looked around the forums and couldn't find a current thread addressing if the issue was resolved or not, thanks!
  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    @imGua please file a bug report if you have not already. I am working with CS to get through as many bugs and issues as we can.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Does the display text behavior work on retina devices for anyone? I was unsure if this was solved as I recently tested a game on a new device and realized any display text behaviors that get text from a table don't even show up in my game...which is a problem because I was putting quotes there while levels load. I looked around the forums and couldn't find a current thread addressing if the issue was resolved or not, thanks!
    I've never heard of such an issue and have never had that problem myself. Not even sure it being a retina device would even matter - no reason it would affect text showing up just the quality. I'd say you have some other issue going on. Your just displaying straight text from a table cell to display right? - no special characters?
    @imGua please file a bug report if you have not already. I am working with CS to get through as many bugs and issues as we can.
    I did.

• floydianspiralfloydianspiral Member, PRO Posts: 308
    @SingleSparq. Yes, press level button > black screen > display text from table cell. I never noticed it before because I have an iPad 2 and it's always worked fine, but I tried it on an iPad 3 last night and its just a black screen.

I am actually using another actor to display text of "Loading..." in the corner, (which doesn't read from a table) and that line DOES display on retina, so I think it must be something about tables and retina. Anyone?
    @SingleSparq. Yes, press level button > black screen > display text from table cell. I never noticed it before because I have an iPad 2 and it's always worked fine, but I tried it on an iPad 3 last night and its just a black screen.

I am actually using another actor to display text of "Loading..." in the corner, (which doesn't read from a table) and that line DOES display on retina, so I think it must be something about tables and retina. Anyone?
    Don't know about iPad 3. But I do see text from table on my iPhone 4.
  • BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    Must say this update made the Gamesalad experience extremely more stable.
    I already was used to save the project after every change because of regular crashes.
    Since the new update this crashes have been vanished.

Very good one! Thanks!
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    @BlackCloakGS

Presumably you have a list of bugs you are working through, are you able to share that list with us ? Knowing which bugs you are aware of would save users filing duplicate bug reports (and save you having to sift through duplicate bug reports), as well as letting users know the bugs they've reported are being attended to.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    edited November 2013
    Must say this update made the Gamesalad experience extremely more stable.
    I already was used to save the project after every change because of regular crashes.
    Since the new update this crashes have been vanished.

Very good one! Thanks!
    Not for me. The cool part is GameSalad does not even start to lag or anything as a nice little reminder that you haven't saved anything for an hour.
    It's just crashes without warning.

Thanks Guys!!!!!! ~X(
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    @tenrdrmer I have worked on Macs since the early days using OS9 etc. and I have this over active habit of saving a couple of times a minute. Still have not lost the habit.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    @tenrdrmer I have worked on Macs since the early days using OS9 etc. and I have this over active habit of saving a couple of times a minute. Still have not lost the habit.
    me too, almost every time I take my hand from the track pad I hit cmd-S :)

• mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    Who needs the cloud or autosaving when you had OS9? Let your fingers do the saving eh @jonmulcahy ;)
  • WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621
    With GS you learn really fast... Make a change, Save a change!!! [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O< [-O<
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Yeah normally i do just that. But it was nice when Gs began to lag a little to remind you thats its nearing crash mode. now your just in the zone and all of a sudden You've lost 1 Hour of work and fell the only thing to make you feel better would be to smash your mac through a brick wall. luckily i calmed down before i got to the brick wall... Otherwise id probably be even more pissed off :D
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    Also the Mac creator is stuck in generating since last night. @codewizard @blackcloakgs
  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    Sorry guys I will alert the web team again
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @BlackCloakGS I think something is not right on the publishing server in general. It is affecting Android publishing as well. I had to package my app yesterday 4 times before it worked properly. I was getting weird results with images flickering between white numbers and the actual image. I didn't change anything in the project and it worked as expected in the viewer and in preview mode on Creator then on the 4th repackaging attempt all worked as expected. It is like a hit and miss process. Today I am packaging another app for Amazon and I am getting similar results. The app is working as expected on the Android viewer and in preview mode on Creator but every time I load the ad hoc to test on my device it freezes ... I am going to play with a little more and see what happens. I just thought I would report this as you will be notifying the web guys. Cheers and thank you ;-)
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,069
    @uptimistik see the thread you set up. Publishing for Windows 8 is flowing again.

@neoman Android publishing has a few new kinks in it from an update in how we're processing the gameproj files for packaging. Anyone experiencing problems submit a support ticket. You can also PM me the link to your portfolio page. If it takes me a while to find the problem, I won't be able to respond to all the problems via PM, but your links will let me research things faster and I'll pass anything I find to customer support to include in your tickets.