Build 0.10.4.1 is available!

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
Hi everyone! We've released a new build of GameSalad creator today for both Windows and Mac. Version 0.10.4.1 is now live. This build fixes several bugs and adds IAP / GameCircle support for Windows.

Bugs fixed:

1. Creator crashing when previewing particles set to zero fixed.

2. Tiled actor placement errors in published projects.

3. Particle flickering in Creator.

4. Particles not appearing in Preview.

5. Disallowing publishing of Windows 8 apps due to 13 character limit in Web Publishing.

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Great just grabbed it, but 10.0 didn't actually do the update when I checked, I had to download it again (Windows)

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    @jigglybean thanks for letting us know i will look into the windows not updating
  • Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
    same, I had to redownload it just to update it for windows.
  • jasoncruz1986@gmail.comjasoncruz1986@gmail.com Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    haven't tried the windows one on my desktop yet, but on my Windows laptop, everytime I try to open creator my antivirus triggers and the program stops responding. happened after uninstalling and reinstalling straight from the new version

edit: had to make a global exception in my antivirus for my temp files file path in order to get Gamesalad to open
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    I'm not sure, but I think that the "Replicate" behavior might have changed with this update. Previously, the actor could be made invisible with the number zero. Now, there's always an actor, regardless if it's zero or one.
  • natzuurnatzuur Member Posts: 304
    Thanks for the update! Was waiting for a couple of these bug fixes.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @photics that was noted in the 0.10.4 release by someone. Kinda sucks cause that was a great part of the replicate behavior.

Yay now we have to add more behaviors to achieve the same effects!! :((
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Had number 2 already been fixed in Daily 0.100?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    @photics @tenrdrmer I think this is one of those 'bugs' that has finally been fixed. If you think about it, replicating an actor 0 times should just show the actor. replicating it once should show the original actor with an additional actor.

In my replicated actors I just put a new rule that says when replicationAttribute = 0, change alpha to 0, otherwise set alpha to 1.
  • floydianspiralfloydianspiral Member, PRO Posts: 308
    I've noticed in 10.4 that if I rotate my iPad 180 (and the game rotates as well) while playing a landscape game that the order of layers seems to reverse...I normally have particles fading to black in the bottom-most layer and this works well on my black background until you rotate it. After rotating, all of the particles in black are now on the front layer in front of every other actor...didn't know if this is a bug or not. I could submit a pic if you need more clarification.
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    Hope it has fixes for the bugs I've reported.
    GS Preview still lags for me =0(
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    edited October 2013
    @photics @tenrdrmer I think this is one of those 'bugs' that has finally been fixed. If you think about it, replicating an actor 0 times should just show the actor. replicating it once should show the original actor with an additional actor.
    I didn't think of it as a bug. It seemed like a feature. If someone was creating a Pac-Man clone, Replicate is an easy way to show how many lives are left... without extra behaviors.

Sure, technically/literally, it is a bug. The word "Replicate" implies two or more appearances of the actor graphic. So, maybe there should be an option... "Treat zero as blank" ...which should be on by default.

If the "Treat zero as blank" option did exist, and the default option was on, would you ever uncheck it? I'm thinking that's an extremely rare occurrence. But if the behavior worked the old way, and I wanted to keep the actor visible, I could use a min expression... min(game.lives,1)

But now, to fix the menu in BOT, at least six different actors need additional behaviors. It also gives me a reason to update The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook. I've been wondering if I should do a 2014 edition.
  • This 10.4.1 still can't fix my issues :((
  • bhaktarajbhaktaraj Member, PRO Posts: 29
    "COOL UPDATE" but When can we expect revmob to be implemented . waiting waiting.....
    do you have the android SDK installed? if so rename the eclipse and sdk folders found in your home folder, I just put an x in front of them until I need to sign a package.
    do you have the android SDK installed? if so rename the eclipse and sdk folders found in your home folder, I just put an x in front of them until I need to sign a package.
    Thx! That helped!
    Thx! That helped!
    Great. The android debugger kills the gs preview. I only enable it when I have to.
    Finished tested my game on iPad. Only one new small bug has been found =)
  • funkyj4everfunkyj4ever Member Posts: 74
    Are the ios ads fixed in windows creator now? I had to export the project to mac and than ad ads behavior. because the ad behavoir on the windows creator activates only the other ad systems??
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Nice build overall so far, but I'm still getting the "Legacy Language Designator" error after completing the Application Loader process. I know it's ok to go ahead and let the app be submitted, but I'm definitely not looking forward to updating apps later on due to this error.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

Can i make games voor io7 now????? with this release
  • Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378
    yes you can, but you still need a mac to put them on the apple app store.
  • nikosinikosi Member, PRO Posts: 25
    Great just grabbed it, but 10.0 didn't actually do the update when I checked, I had to download it again (Windows)
    +1

I want to publish my game to ios7. Do i need to open my game in the gamesalad, or can i just publish the game via the website and sign it?
  • CORE GameCORE Game Member, PRO Posts: 280
    Just small request, can we have the (full screen) function? just like most of apple applications?

• EIGHTHSINEIGHTHSIN Member Posts: 132
    Hi @CodeWizard

I've noticed a bug on the new version,

If you drag 2 (or more) of the same actor on to the scene, and try to modify an attribute so the two (or more) have varying values, you cannot. They are tied. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Bad wolf GuyBad wolf Guy Member Posts: 206
    Hi @CodeWizard

If you drag 2 (or more) of the same actor on to the scene, and try to modify an attribute so the two (or more) have varying values, you cannot. They are tied. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Yep, to stop it i just had to save and restart GS and it worked fine.
  • KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2013
    Hi @CodeWizard

Yep, to stop it i just had to save and restart GS and it worked fine.
    Anyone want a sweepstake as to how long this bug will remain?