• LittlePhoenixLittlePhoenix Member Posts: 42
    Thanks for the update @CodeWizard
    When in rains it pours...... :((
  • YatelandYateland Member, PRO Posts: 81
    Thanks @codewizard
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    edited September 2013
    @SingleSparq

Well not every bug can be find at testing. But major bugs that are related to the engine itself and not to any special game. Maybe some games are not effected but if you even read the post from the GS Stuff its telling for example:

We've found and fixed the crasher. Looks like a change in how iOS 7 handles "display links" caused this issue. So, we rewrote that code and it seems to be golden. The fix is being tested now.

If all is well, we'll be squeezing out a build for you today!

And have only a bit sense of developing application and games you have to understand that this is not a logical issue with our game or the game from some one else. For example our game is released years ago and never had any kind of this issues. Also it was downloaded more than half a million times and we don`t have any issues with a lot of crashes before. So please do your homework before starting to blaming other. Our development team have more than 10 years experience with mobile game and application development. And I am not meaning GS development only.

Anyway thanks for @CodeWizard and the team for working hard on the issue. Hope the release will be available soon.

Your right its not a new issue. To you. But just as some games worked fine and others have not during beta testing doesn't mean every bug in every game will be found during internal tests. Your game crashing may be for another reason than the games they tested did or did not appear until later. Unless you sent them your game to check (did you?). This is the nature of development. Patterns will be found and fixes will be made.

It may very well be that the update will fix the iOS 7 issues but I guarantee there will be those still having issues that will blame GS for. I hope those can test it on both iOS 7 and below to be sure the issue is an iOS issue or a logic bug of their own making before launching the pitchforks.

'Development is a bitch yo' - Jesse Pinkman

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    @SingleSparq

Well not every bug can be find at testing. But major bugs that are related to the engine itself and not to any special game. Maybe some games are not effected but if you even read the post from the GS Stuff its telling for example:

We've found and fixed the crasher. Looks like a change in how iOS 7 handles "display links" caused this issue. So, we rewrote that code and it seems to be golden. The fix is being tested now.

If all is well, we'll be squeezing out a build for you today!

And have only a bit sense of developing application and games you have to understand that this is not a logical issue with our game or the game from some one else. For example our game is released years ago and never had any kind of this issues. Also it was downloaded more than half a million times and we don`t have any issues with a lot of crashes before. So please do your homework before starting to blaming other. Our development team have more than 10 years experience with mobile game and application development. And I am not meaning GS development only.

Anyway thanks for @CodeWizard and the team for working hard on the issue. Hope the release will be available soon.

Your right its not a new issue. To you. But just as some games worked fine and others have not during beta testing doesn't mean every bug in every game will be found during internal tests. Your game crashing may be for another reason than the games they tested did or did not appear until later. Unless you sent them your game to check (did you?). This is the nature of development. Patterns will be found and fixes will be made.

It may very well be that the update will fix the iOS 7 issues but I guarantee there will be those still having issues that will blame GS for. I hope those can test it on both iOS 7 and below to be sure the issue is an iOS issue or a logic bug of their own making before launching the pitchforks.

'Development is a bitch yo' - Jesse Pinkman

Yes it was telling. The issue didn't rear its head till later in their tests at final build, not at beta 1 for them so obviously they were not aware of it till lately. You knew there was issue and maybe you let them know. I don't know. There was no blame being made here other than there seems to always be a lot of reaction of supposed GS inaction (maybe not by you but plenty of others). Which never makes sense to me. What would a company gain by not doing their best to fix issues for such an important update?

Understaffing aside, me thinks its just a case of not seeing the crashes that others were getting at least not till later in the beta. No matter, seems they have it all in hand. As for homework i'll leave that to my daughter. I'm too old for schoolwork! :D
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    @SingleSparq even if we are old we all have todo our homework ;) But this will be off topic. We will never know why GS takes the iOS7 train so late. But posts before from them shows that they know that some issues exist and hope that the iOS7 release fix them. This is not very wide seeing in my opinion. I don`t know how long you are using GS we use it since years and we know the good times and bad times. But still using it at least to maintain our games. So lets just hope they will fix it soon. As the installation quote of iOS7 is raising very high and the first support requests coming in.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Been here since the beginning with GS and things have much improved in last 4 months. Looking forward to all the great things we can do with next few updates. Cheers and happy developing!
  • hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183
    edited September 2013
    Its good to hear that the update for ios7 its coming. thanks
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    @GScoders You should thank Apple for all the fun challenges they end up giving you ;)
  • darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243
    Any update on ETA @CodeWizard?

Support emails complaining of my game crashing are coming in thick and fast...

Thanks
  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    We are testing the final build now if every thing goes well we should have it out to you soon
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Thick and fast. :D

We're compiling the final release notes. Dear God we may actually push this mother out!
    edited September 2013
    Can't wait. My own positive spin on the time taken is it's given me a chance to give my app an iOS7-esque flat makeover $-)
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Thick and fast. :D

We're compiling the final release notes. Dear God we may actually push this mother out!
    F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
    :)) My F5 key is so worn out....
  • AxygamesAxygames Member, PRO Posts: 203
    [-O<
    If you could only see the fun of our internal Skype channels. ;)
  • brickamatorbrickamator Member Posts: 316
    Please get this out!!!!
    0.10.4 is live for Mac. Windows early next week.
    Awesome. Have a virtual beer on me...
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273
    Awesome. Thanks GS team!
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    Thank you GS team so much for your hard work and thanks for the update ...
  • jdigioiajdigioia Member, BASIC Posts: 10
    Thanks for the hard work during the move!!
  • SilkwormSilkworm Member, PRO Posts: 7
    edited September 2013
    I just uploaded a binary through the 0.10.4. They issued 2 warnings.
    1. icon size 152x for iPad not included
    2. Some Englisgh language localization error.

What does this mean???
    I ve been waiting to publish for three weeks now. I mean should i wait further or what? i mean that s not a problem to wait but wasn't 10.4 suppose to be iOS7 compat??
    The localization warning is okay to ignore. I'll follow up on the icon issue, but that's likely fine as well.

More news soon!
    Thank you so much and I completely trust your recommendation on that. The status had changed to waiting for review but i rejected the binary. It is kind of a serious release so i don't afford loss of control at any point. I ve still decided to hold the upload for a day or two to see how things go with others or may be more feedback comes in.
    So grateful to you guys for the timely release and many thanks again.
  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,069
    @Silkworm sorry about the icon issue. It was something I got wrong on the publishing server, so nothing to do with the iOS7 engine or 0.10.4 release. I had done a live patch earlier this week for the issue, but forgot to include it in the release we did today. The new publishing server release has some interesting goodies. Some you'll hear about later but some you can see now, like the ability to download your unsigned app from all mobile platforms now, not just Android and Mac desktop. If you just rehit the app "Generate" button, you should be able to see the fix. You don't even need to re-upload!
    @adent42 I understand the icons come from the publisher server but of course like you said on our end 10.4 brought the IOS 7 compatibility and it was understood that the publishing server will compliment the new creator so that was the confusion..but Ok I ve got the point so thanks again and now I m going back to hitting the generate. Cheers!
    OK now I uploaded again and like you said the icon issue is now fixed.

However it is still issuing the previously know warning which i ve seen in an aother thread received by many others in the past few days:

"WARNING ITMS-9000: "Legacy Language Designator - The directories located at (my app name here) use a legacy language designator. Use of the full language name has been deprecated an is not guaranteed to work in future versions of the OS. Refer to the Language and Locale Designations guide at http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual?BPInternational/Articles/LanguageDesignation.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20002144-sw3 for more information on naming your language-specific directories." at SoftwareAssets/SoftwareeAssets (MZItmspSoftwareAssetPackage)"

I feel like hanging on until i get this cleared...

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    OK now I uploaded again and like you said the icon issue is now fixed.

However it is still issuing the previously know warning which i ve seen in an aother thread received by many others in the past few days:

"WARNING ITMS-9000: "Legacy Language Designator - The directories located at (my app name here) use a legacy language designator. Use of the full language name has been deprecated an is not guaranteed to work in future versions of the OS. Refer to the Language and Locale Designations guide at http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual?BPInternational/Articles/LanguageDesignation.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20002144-sw3 for more information on naming your language-specific directories." at SoftwareAssets/SoftwareeAssets (MZItmspSoftwareAssetPackage)"

I feel like hanging on until i get this cleared...

that's just a warning, it won't cause you to be rejected or anything else. It's just what it says it is, a warning that future versions of the OS might not work with your game. I wouldn't worry about it. I'd submit your game now, and then once they fix this error submit an update.
    edited September 2013
    @jonmulcahy Thanks for the reassurance. In fact this warning has been received by other developers from other communities (Xcode and unity) as well since May 15, 2013, so probably it could be some issue at apple's end. At least this is what that discussion seemed to conclude. Can you comment on that a bit i mean a line or two? i ll anyways follow your advice and submit the app as I was already asked to ignore that by code wizard as well.