Get Gravel! New 3D Arcade Rally Racer from POLYGAMe!

2»

Comments

• AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Hey skott, your game looks awesome! Downloading now! Interesting that you are free with IAP an still have bad sales... A friend of mine who's the owner of a massive game studio here in NZ keeps telling me that's the way to go but I've (stupidly?) ignored his advice, as I prefer paid games myself. So not worth trying the freemium route?
  • skottskott Member Posts: 172
    You can try and see how we did in our game. I think we made it pretty straight forward to understand how to buy the game and to see what you get. And even though it might not be the worlds best racing game, its still dissapointing sales we get based on the download rate.

To compare, the first one we did "drift club racer" 3 years ago, wich was a dollar and still is has sold so much more than this sequel but havent got a as much features in it as we have made in the sequal.

I'm not convinced freemium is the way to go. Well it might also depend on what game it is..

In the next update we are making, we will try and lock more tracks off to see if we are "giving" to much away for free, making the gamer had enough just with the free content..

Its a tough world out there, even selling a game for a buck is not easy :)
    Well, your game plays really well! I'll certainly upgrade to the full version. I feel your pain though... All those man hours and low sales... Still, I ain't giving up... I love making games too much, even if they don't sell ;)
  • YoRoosterYoRooster Member Posts: 159
    @POLYGAMe this looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing it on iOS :D
  • skottskott Member Posts: 172
    I couldn't have Said it better my self. What dos'nt kill you makes you better.. This is the Way to learn how to make better games :) good luck with sales. Let us know when it's a available on ios.
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    @skott your game looks awesome I will check it out while I wait for Get Gravel.
    Hey guys, the iOS version is out now! Only 99c for a limited time :) https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/get-gravel!/id627787343?mt=8
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    Bought. You nailed this, I love it. This brings back good memories from my Neo-Geo days. Nicely Done.
    Thanks heaps :)