State of GameSalad on 4-24-2013

1235»

Comments

• MSEagle2MSEagle2 Member, PRO Posts: 98
    I once lost 30 minutes of work when GS crashed and I hadn't saved. Ever since then I save after every action I do (without even thinking about it) Thanks GS, you gave me OCD...
  • SolarPepperStudiosSolarPepperStudios Member Posts: 754
    @MSEagle2 Well, to be fair, it is still in beta. :P
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    I have been here for over 3 years back when GS was still in Beta......uh I mean early beta.... Back in the old days you would have to restart GS ever 15 minutes.... It has gotten better with every update.
    i remember restart every 5 min :) at one point I was restarting after every time I went into an actor. I was hitting ctrl-s every type I typed or added a rule. it was fun times :)
    I remember back when you originally released Z for Zombie & V for Vortex....

Back before you could Save Attribute. Man those were the goo..bad ole days, weren't they??
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I have been here for over 3 years back when GS was still in Beta......uh I mean early beta.... Back in the old days you would have to restart GS ever 15 minutes.... It has gotten better with every update.
    i remember restart every 5 min :) at one point I was restarting after every time I went into an actor. I was hitting ctrl-s every type I typed or added a rule. it was fun times :)
    I remember back when you originally released Z for Zombie & V for Vortex....

Back before you could Save Attribute. Man those were the goo..bad ole days, weren't they??
    Oh yea. It was a great day when save attribute was introduced.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Them were the days.
    25-30 second initial load times on apps, the creator slowing to a grinding halt every 10 mins...ace days.

I actually think the load times these days are pretty good.

Has anyone played Robot Unicorn Attack 2? That's some pretty long load times right there!
    @Sparkyidr Wow, I haven't seen you on here for a while! I'll have to check out that game and see just how bad the loading time is. :))
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    edited May 2013
    @Utveckla_Games yeah, we've been pretty busy with our latest game, so not really had much time to post here.

We are unleashing the game next week tho.

As for R.U.A.2 The initial load is pretty long, and its mainly going between the main game and the shop/customization page that seems to take the longest (On my iphone 4s at least)

Compared to the loading times I am getting on the latest GS games I've been working on, they are shockingly long.
    @Sparkyidr Yep. What version of GS was the game made with? The latest update should have helped some. And congrats on your new game! I love the feeling of releasing a new app to the world. :)