★★ GSH7 ★★ Official Contest Thread - Win a Brand New iPod Touch!

maxbeaumontmaxbeaumont Member Posts: 616
edited November 2012 in Conferences and Events
Hi everone!

Welcome to GSH7! GSHelper is holding its very first 7 day game jam contest! We are proud to announce that we are holding the contest ourselves and that anybody is free to join! I have all of the rules below for you along with everything else you will need to enter.

Who can join? - Anybody who wants to. This contest will be open to the general public, you just have to email me saying that you will be participating.

Are teams allowed? - Yes, teams will be allowed. If you are on a team then you simply need to email me saying so with all the members of your team listed in the email you need to send to me. Your team can be as big or as small as you would like.

Can we start on the game prior to the contest starting? - No, this is because of two reasons. 1. The theme of the contest will not be announced until the contest actually starts. 2. It would be unfair to others who do not already have a head start and are making the game from scratch at the start.

Do we need to make a custom game? - Yes.

Do we need to make custom graphics? - Yes.

Do we need to make custom music? No.

Do I get to keep my game or do you get it? - You own 100% of your game! All we are doing is trying to help showcase your work in something fun that engages the community.

What do I submit when the contest ends for the judges? - All we need is some screenshots of the game in action and a short video demonstration.

What will the theme be? - We will be announcing the theme when the contest officially starts.

When will the contest begin? - The contest will start on Friday, July 13th at midnight EST.

How long will the contest last? - 7 days. We are making this a one week contest to allow more time to the developers to make better games. All games sent in after one week will not count.

What will the prize be? - We have the first place prize below. If you would like to add any prizes of your own to this list, please contact me with the information I have below before Friday, July 6th.

1st Prize -A Brand New iPod Touch 8GB - Music, games, iMessage, HD video recording, and more. It has fun written all over it.

Team Prize - Are you in a team or do you already have an iPod Touch? For these users we are offering $210 via PayPal instead of the iPod touch. Once you are announced as winner, you have the choice.

2nd Prize - $60 via PayPal and a digital download of Indie Game: The Movie.

3rd Prize - $35 via Paypal.

Contact information for entering the contest or donating a prize.

Email - Support@ventorastudios.com

Cheers and good luck to all who enter!

-Max

P.S Just to make this contest a little more interesting, I have a special deal for everyone. For every 10 entries we get to this contest, I will increase each prize by $10. First place will just become the iPod Touch and more PayPal money, second and third place will increase with money and obviously no iPod Touch. So for example, if I get 50 entries, then 2nd place becomes $100 via PayPal, and so on and so forth.

10 people - Done

The contest theme is below, along with a start and end date. Good luck and happy developing!

Theme - Out of this World

Start - July 12th

End - July 20th

Comments