Where have all the Templates gone?

JoeMeisterJoeMeister Member Posts: 602
edited January 2012 in Tech Support
Where are all the Templates??? When you start GS Creator and you click on the NEW with the +sign on the left you get 17 Templates.
Where are all the others? These are important references. Why are they gone.

Comments

• JoeMeisterJoeMeister Member Posts: 602
    There were over a 100 before.
  • EireStudiosEireStudios Member Posts: 451
    Good question JoeMeister, can a sous chef please give us an answer on this because its really annoying not having the missing templates for reference.
  • AnbaziaAnbazia Member Posts: 6
    Many have asked this before including me, its been like that for a while now ( 2 weeks or so with me)
    SSS no offense but this should not take longer then half an hour to figure out.
    And Anbazia is right. This is going on for weeks. Most likely the links are broken.
    Unless somebody removed the actual Templates.
    And bring back the "notify by e-mail" option.
    Getting sick and tired of reading through junk I don't care about every time I have to
    log on and try to find out if somebody answered my call for help.
    This was promised over and over again over the past year.
  • CloudsClouds Member Posts: 1,599
    It's been around 2 or 3 weeks for me (no templates) - no offence intended to all those working hard to make GS a great environment (etc etc).
  • App SurgeApp Surge Member Posts: 651
    I haven't been able to get them for 2+ weeks :(
    Alright just found the Star. Will try that. Thanks.
    Now back to the Template search.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Joe, check your templates again, i can see them in the list, but it did take 1-2 minutes before they showed up:

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Mines still messed up jon. It doesnt affect all users. Some people have had the problem for several weeks and some are starting to get it. I'd suggest downloading everything you think you might ever need so your all stocked up for when you lose yours too. :P
    And is seems that you also have just a few Jon, judging at the scrollbar.
    jon I get a couple more if I wait a while but thats it.
    And if I type just the word "score" in the searchfield or "high" I get nothing.
    SSS the notify via e-mail now works. Thats a big PLUS.
    What about the old Templates. Like FMG's Stuff. I canot get those to come up by searching the specific name of them. I just tried again by copying the exact name off his profile page. Is it maybe only searching from the tags and not the names. I noticed when I opened "Constrain To Circle DEMO" online it had no tags and that one never shows up in the creator. To be honest nothing at all shows up when I search anything.
    Honestly the best thing would be bring back a way to download right from the arcade. On the old arcade if the Template was set to downloadable it had an option right on its page where you could download the project file. This was great cause then you could upload something. People mess with it online and if its something they want they click download.
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    edited January 2012
    I think there should be the ability to search all the old templates. Remove completely the 100 that are there now. Why? Here's why ... whenever I open a new project or GS for the first time it loads that screen and in the new+ area starts loading all the templates. 99 times out of a 100 I don't want to access them or search so all that server load (and bandwidth is completely wasted). I say load the 15-20 or so templates that GS provides but then have a separate search that can look into all the old files. It's then only based on a search word then the returning results will likely total less than a 100 each. I luckily envisioned a day when this great resource would't be available so I spent my first bit of time on GS downloading all the templates (at least all the ones that weren't a cannon firing :) ...). Perhaps if a solution isn't provided I could zip up the lot and make them available from my website ... but not sure if I would need some sort of permission.
  • SharkawyDevSharkawyDev Member Posts: 225
    @SSS , thanks for sharing information , but what if u i really need a couple of those templates right now !!!! :) is there anyway !!!!
    @a.sharkawy ... if you have a couple of specific templates you are looking for (and can't access them thru GS) ... let me know and I'll see if I have them and will make them available.
    I thought there was some kind of seesaw template i would really like.
    But hope Gamesalad comes up with a good solution. Its been a pretty, sorry to say, stupid move with could cost them users.
    I think simo103 did have a good solution
    @simo103 any chance you could zip them up and send them to eirestudios@gmail.com
    There was a good few templates on there that I need but can't remember the names of them
    @SoulStealer ... at the moment I am only comfortable providing one or two templates requested by name or good description. Once SSS has responded on what GS might do going forward I will assess whether it is needed/helpful for a download feature of all the files. (I also want to clear with GS/others whether me passing them on is ok and also I will need to go thru and clean up the folder I have them in as I have some templates which were once free but then were later pulled by their creators). Give me a couple of specific templates you are looking for and I'd be happy to hook you up!
    @simo103 , really appreciated

I would like to have the fruit ninja template

Cheers
    @simo103 no problem mate, I can't think of any specific one right now, hopefully you will get the go ahead to upload the zippy somewhere because I miss how easy it was to just type in what you needed and to study and there was a few templates to choose from, that's the way I have learned to use GameSalad from day one and now it has been taken away from us
    @SaladStraightShooter would it not be easier to put all the templates into a zip file for people to download until you guys come up with a solution? it would help a lot of people out right now
  • kkertzkkertz Member Posts: 12
    I'm in desperate need for the Floating Shield demo if possible. I'm attempting to constrain an actor (A) to a moving, rotating actor (B). I need it to remain in the same position no matter where actor (B) is positioned/rotated. Thanks for any help!
    @ simo103 , thanks mate appreciated
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @saladstraightshooter
    Where are all the code monkey tempaltes gone?, forget about all the other templates, these templates were the best! :( please put them back up!
    Any news how you are gonna tackle this chefs?
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Another example of gamesalad not crossing T's and dotting I's and not communicating.