Update on Creator 0.9.85 Issues - Professional Extension

Comments

• JelJel Member Posts: 319
    Thanks Yoda, Looking forward to some strong and stable updates !
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    applaudmobile said:
    I was writing about an ongoing discussion with helpdesk via email. They did ask for something. I sent it, then nothing for 3 days. An acknowledgement would be reassuring. While I wrote my previous post I was thinking about TSB saying he had submitted a batch of bugs from the new release (prior to its release) and heard nothing back.

Ah ok. Yeh i also remember that post, it does need some kind of response, it would be very reassuring and you would feel it has been seen and will be dealt with. No response at all just makes you uneasy!
  • sebmacflysebmacfly Member Posts: 1,018
    Thank you, Yodapollo and Salad StraightShooter, to be there and let us know... Really appreciated
    SaladStraightShooter said:
    Hey guys,

I'll follow up with support to see if there is chance we can give a return email when submissions of project files, etc. are made.

That would be great, thanks
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Great yellow sticky guys. That extra two
    Months will be great. Lookig forward to the software getting better and better.
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Congratulations to all on the 2 month Pro extension. They didn't have to do that, but it's really cool that they did.

And not to keep harping on the issue, but I would like some more information or a PM regarding the camera stuttering/jerky movements on constrained actors. I submitted my project right after the last issue was released, which was when the problem suddenly appeared, and I was told that it was somewhere in my logic, but I've been through all of that, and nothing seems to fix it other than not using the camera in a constrained actor.

The only logic I know how to do this is to set up custom game attributes for the actors x and y position, and constrain the control camera actor to that, with an offset. And use Game Attributes, and not Scene Attributes. If there is another way of doing that logic to achieve the camera offset, I'd be more than willing to try, because the method I described is not currently working correctly for me.

Sorry to slightly de-rail, but this is where I saw the issue being discussed recently. And once again, congratulations on the 2 month extension. That was really top shelf of GameSalad to do that, so take advantage!
  • DreamGamezDreamGamez Member Posts: 12
    thank you so much !
  • RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411
    Very cool to hear about the extension! GameSalad has seem to come a long way in the recent months, it's great to see.
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Member Posts: 323
    SlickZero said:
    And not to keep harping on the issue, but I would like some more information or a PM regarding the camera stuttering/jerky movements on constrained actors. I submitted my project right after the last issue was released, which was when the problem suddenly appeared, and I was told that it was somewhere in my logic, but I've been through all of that, and nothing seems to fix it other than not using the camera in a constrained actor.

The only logic I know how to do this is to set up custom game attributes for the actors x and y position, and constrain the control camera actor to that, with an offset. And use Game Attributes, and not Scene Attributes. If there is another way of doing that logic to achieve the camera offset, I'd be more than willing to try, because the method I described is not currently working correctly for me.

Sorry to slightly de-rail, but this is where I saw the issue being discussed recently. And once again, congratulations on the 2 month extension. That was really top shelf of GameSalad to do that, so take advantage!

I'm having this same issue. It's making the performance of my game worse now than it was when I was running it on a 3G with GS ver 0.8.8. It's a little frustrating, but I'm sure they've got it on their radar. With my game in this state however It's making it so I can't, in good faith, submit the update to Apple.

On the topic of engine issues, which I agree don't belong here. I wonder if there's a some sort of subform that can be created for known issues in the engine. Might be a good place for GS Creators and GS Engineers to replicate/workout any bugs that appear. That way we don't always have to worry about derailing topics with random posts about engine issues.

Edit: Seems like the 'Tech Support' sub-forum already exists.
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Hey GS ,
    There is another critical bug i did not see mentioned by many users , and it should not be ignored ,
    its the collision bug ,

Collision does not work on static actors unless there moving. so if you have an actor that changes his size and then it hits the player no collision will register until one of the 2 actors actually move.

I believe that this bug is at the same level as the interpolate bug , meaning its a game breaker bug , Please guys make a fix to it in this patch , not in the next release .
    Also i submitted a bug report about it and i attached a file for example .

Roy.
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    Head Chefs,

What about users whose PRO features just recently expired?
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    SaladStraightShooter - Did you get my link?
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Thank you, Triple S. The communication since you came onboard has been phenomenal. I know you just started in this position, but go ahead and tell your boss I said it was okay to give you a raise! :P

But seriously, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say it's been a lot better around here since you became liaison between us and y'all at GameSalad. A lot better.
  • azimpactazimpact Member Posts: 112
    So, if your pro membership was due to expire soon, is the extension automatic or do you need to email somebody about it and where the heck can you actually see when your membership expires?
  • hich4mhich4m Member, PRO Posts: 142
    sorry for repost but this is very important :
    There is an issue that was not discusses which is very annoying :
    -all the behaviours that i disabled by setting them to off , are enabled in the android build , this is very annoying !!
    - the urls are not working in android
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Hey, where this update and fixes will be available?
  • EbreezeEbreeze Member, PRO Posts: 481
    Yeah I'm just about ready to release....need update!
  • olster1olster1 Member Posts: 396
    This is great news!

Call me crazy but do you remember when the whole publishing system went down for a couple of weeks ages ago. I remember someone from GS said we would be getting some form of compensation for that too. Can anyone confirm this? Have I gone mad?

Cheers :D
  • NesesitaGamesNesesitaGames Member Posts: 160
    Yes, do I need to email someone about the Pro membership extension, or is it applied automatically to all Pros?
  • GuaveMediaGuaveMedia Member, PRO Posts: 1,262
    Hopefully the update will be out next week :) can't wait to release !

Alex
    SaladStraightShooter said:
    @azimpact - check your PM! :)

I have this same question actually. Why were these answers pm'd and not just said on the thread?
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Can we get any answer when the fix will available? This week? Next month? Never?
    We need it as soon as possible.
  • dotsonj23dotsonj23 Member Posts: 316
    So I received an email today stating that my pro membership just expired today. Why did I not get the extra 2 months? Was the email sent in error? GS, please confirm I am getting the extra two months and, after applying the two months, what date exactly will my pro membership expire. Thanks.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @dotsonj23,

Just wanted to confirm that the extensions should be going live today. I apologize for that email going out by mistake. Everyone's Professional Accounts are being extended by two months from their original expiration date. Again, very sorry about the erroneous email from before.

--Yodapollo
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Yodapollo said:
    @dotsonj23,

Just wanted to confirm that the extensions should be going live today. I apologize for that email going out by mistake. Everyone's Professional Accounts are being extended by two months from their original expiration date. Again, very sorry about the erroneous email from before.

--Yodapollo

Nice :D

And When will be an update? Im having serious issues with timer and interpolate!

Cheers.
  • applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
    What erroneous email? - haven't received anything, erroneous or otherwise....
    Yodapollo said:
    @dotsonj23,

--Yodapollo

Thanks for the info Yodapollo. Appreciate it.
  • mu-kowAPPSmu-kowAPPS Member Posts: 233
    Any info on the next update would be much appreciated!