Update on Creator 0.9.85 Issues - Professional Extension

YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
Hello, everyone.

I just wanted to give an update on where we stand in regard to issues reported with 0.9.85, and the recent downtime we've experienced on the servers over the last few days.

To begin, I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience and frustration you've endured on account of the recent issues. At the same time, I'd also like to thank you for your patience and your help as we track, diagnose, and resolve the issues reported. As a small token of gratitude, we will be extending all Professional accounts by 2 months. These extensions should be processed by the end of the week.

Now, in regard to the most commonly reported issues with GameSalad 0.9.85, we have some updates to share:

1. Interpolate/Timer Issue - This has, by far, been the most-reported issue with 0.9.85. It appears that we have located and diagnosed the bug, prepared a fix, and the resolution is currently undergoing review. This is our top priority fix, and we hope to have the fix live within the next 48-72 hours.

2. Broken Publishing - We had received reports of .apk's for Android coming back broken after going through our publishing flow. We located this issue, and the fix is live now. If you are still experiencing issues with proper .apk's, please contact us with details via our Feedback form.

3. Delayed sounds on Android - We have been digging into this all weekend, and it looks to be a common issue across all Android SDKs which use OpenAL for audio libraries. We are currently looking into offering support for OpenSL, which should resolve the sound stuttering issue, though OpenSL is not compatible with Android OS' below 2.3. It came down to a choice, and if we had chosen OpenSL, we could not have supported Nook Color or older Android devices.

That's the current standing for the most reported items relating to GameSalad 0.9.85, and as soon as we have further updates, either myself or SaladStraightShooter will notify the community.

In addition, we're working to provide access to prior builds of GameSalad on all future product launches. This should provide users more flexibility to complete projects and update their development environment. We will also be taking steps to expand our support for Professional users, providing a path for clearer, faster answers on urgent issues.

Again, thank you for your patience and understand while we move to make Android as successful a platform for GameSalad developers as iOS has been.

--Yodapollo

Comments

• osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Thanks for the heads up Yoda. You guys are without a doubt getting much better at communicating these types of things to the community and I really appreciate it! Thanks again,

- Alex
  • games4fungames4fun Member Posts: 185
    Did the fix for publishing correct the issue with the apps being available for 0 devices as well.
  • dotsonj23dotsonj23 Member Posts: 316
    Thanks for the update it is really appreciated. Not wanting to sound like a complainer, but do you have any update on the stuttering/camera issue that many have experienced. I know you only have so many hours in a day, so I am not complaining about an update on that issue not being included above and I really do appreciate that you posted the above. Just thought if you had an update on that issue, that would be even greater. Love GS by the way. Thanks.
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    Excellent news all round - thanks very much indeed :)
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Thanks for the update Yoda! As always, it is appreciated :)
    Im still experiencing the publishing problem stating "There was an problem signing the APK. The troubleshooter will be launched." Anyone else experiencing this?
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Great communication, many thanks! The alarming thing though is no one is commenting on the camera stuttering issue? Whats going on with this?
    Salad is the publishing errors fixed for android because they seem to be doing the same thing.
  • Cee3pee0Cee3pee0 Member, PRO Posts: 194
    Thanks for the update and the pro extension!
    I'm still getting publishing errors with Android too, so I wouldn't say the issue has been completely resolved, and I don't think all pro-users have attempted publishing, so there are still errors.
  • SnapFireSnapFire Member Posts: 361
    People! From what I understood the fix won't be out for 3 more days. Then your Android publishing problems will work. This fix isn't live yet.

-Thomas
    @Snapfire: They said the "broken publishing" issue is now live, unless you're speaking of the other issues for the new update, then that will be in the upcoming days.
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    SaladStraightShooter said:
    Beefy,

As reported previously, our QA has been unable to reproduce this issue thus far. Have you been able to send in your project for them to go over? There may be specific logic you are using that we haven't that could help us track down the root cause.

I recently ran my project on a friends computer and had the stuttering problem. On my own computer that happens to be slower, the stuttering doesn't occur. I think this may have something to do with the computer hardware.
  • Fodder76Fodder76 Member Posts: 154
    Beefy,

As reported previously, our QA has been unable to reproduce this issue thus far. Have you been able to send in your project for them to go over? There may be specific logic you are using that we haven't that could help us track down the root cause.

Ok now I'm really getting confused / frustrated. When was this reported previously? The only official comment I've seen was this reply from Yoda on my question regarding this very issue. He posted this 4 days ago:

Yodapollo
    Head Chef

@Fodder76

Very sorry about the experience you had with support. We are, in fact, working on a fix. It's in the final development stages right now, and has not gone through our QA process yet. It is our top priority and we're hoping to have it out in time for the next release.

--Yodapollo

This was found on the second page of this thread:

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=34555&page=2

This also conflicts with what Yoda says about this being the 'top priority'. At the very top of this page he names something else as being the top priority.

Over three weeks ago, I sent in my project that has this issue clear as day, along with a video I took showing the difference between the two devices and haven't gotten much of a response. I don't even know for a fact they were looked at.

Please clarify what is going on with this issue, as Yoda seemed to know all about it 4 days ago. Thanks.
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    I just republished my app. Everything went ok and I uploaded it to the Android market. I can see it in the market, but It has no devices associated with it. This means no one can download the game. I tried to find it from my Epic Android phone and it's not showing. I have other apps (not GS apps) in the Android market, and it has a list of devices associated with it.

I've uploaded this same app three times over the last couple of days.

Yoda, what I'm I doing wrong.

Thanks.
    Could my problem have something to do with what I select for the platform. I've selected iPhone Landscape, because I see no Android choice. Should I be selecting Kindle/Nook? I wouldn't think so...
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Wow, This is great news! Thanks!
    This is not great news...It still does not work.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    thanks yoda for the great news

Calvin
    Beefy,

Sorry i haven't seen the previous report telling me this! When i had mentioned it, i was told QA was aware and looking into it. I will send in my project in a minute. Im using a 4S, FPS are at 60 and total RAM is at 40mb. Tested once with a 3GS and think it stuttered as well. Its an issue with control camera. Many people had mentioned it!
    Fodder76 said:
    Ok now I'm really getting confused / frustrated. When was this reported previously? The only official comment I've seen was this reply from Yoda on my question regarding this very issue. He posted this 4 days ago:

Yodapollo
    Head Chef

@Fodder76

Very sorry about the experience you had with support. We are, in fact, working on a fix. It's in the final development stages right now, and has not gone through our QA process yet. It is our top priority and we're hoping to have it out in time for the next release.

--Yodapollo

This was found on the second page of this thread:

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=34555&page=2

This also conflicts with what Yoda says about this being the 'top priority'. At the very top of this page he names something else as being the top priority.

Over three weeks ago, I sent in my project that has this issue clear as day, along with a video I took showing the difference between the two devices and haven't gotten much of a response. I don't even know for a fact they were looked at.

Please clarify what is going on with this issue, as Yoda seemed to know all about it 4 days ago. Thanks.

Yup, baffling! They seemed to acknowledge the issue at the start and now have just swept it under the carpet! Its a MASSIVE issue, stuttery playback is horrible!
    Mr.Rinoy said:
    I recently ran my project on a friends computer and had the stuttering problem. On my own computer that happens to be slower, the stuttering doesn't occur. I think this may have something to do with the computer hardware.

Nah, its on my iPhone 4S, yet its running at 60+ FPS and only 40mb RAM. It seems to be a control camera issue in some way. Many have had the issue.
    @Beefy, Fodder - Please see your PM. This issue has apparently become somewhat muddled and I'll need to look into it.

Thanks SSS, all clear now and have sent you a reply.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Thanks Yoda for the update on the fixes. However there's nothing on the OpenURL problems do you think they will be fixed in this upcoming patch or we will have to wait until 0.9.9? It's not a major issue but it should be easy to fix (at least add itms-apps:// to the list in the behavior).

I've also reported to the support some problems with GC leaderboards any news on this?

Great news Yoda! :)
  • mtinglemtingle Member Posts: 41
    good news on the access to prior builds for publishing, this will be of considerable help to GS and the community.
  • gizzi93gizzi93 Member, PRO Posts: 67
    I'm still getting 'this app is available to over 0 devices.'
  • applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
    @yoda - Thanks for the pro extension. Look forward to checking the update in the next day or two.

3 days ago I sent a project to help desk as requested by Tori. I've had no acknowledgment or further response. Seems pro users often get no response from bug submissions etc. I hope this is something being addressed by the improved Pro Support you mention. I'll email help desk separately about my specific issue.

Cheers, Philip
    applaudmobile said:
    @yoda - Thanks for the pro extension. Look forward to checking the update in the next day or two.

3 days ago I sent a project to help desk as requested by Tori. I've had no acknowledgment or further response. Seems pro users often get no response from bug submissions etc. I hope this is something being addressed by the improved Pro Support you mention. I'll email help desk separately about my specific issue.

Cheers, Philip

It does state when you submit a bug that you will receive no emails from them unless they require further communication regarding what you submit. In my opinion there should at least be a default email to say they have received your bug submission.
  • applaudmobileapplaudmobile Member Posts: 208
    I was writing about an ongoing discussion with helpdesk via email. They did ask for something. I sent it, then nothing for 3 days. An acknowledgement would be reassuring. While I wrote my previous post I was thinking about TSB saying he had submitted a batch of bugs from the new release (prior to its release) and heard nothing back.
  • perfectanswerperfectanswer PRO Posts: 121
    Extending the license is a step in the right direction. This give us the warm feeling of customer support. I feel much better now and hope we find the way back to the roadmap to hit some of the milesstones we see early in this year. *Double cross fingers* for the patch ;))