Status Update on GameSalad 0.9.80 Release

Comments

• micksolomicksolo Member Posts: 264
    Thanks for the update steve. It's great to be getting more regular updates as to what is going on and the justifications for the decisions being made. Looking forward to the next updates!
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Im glad tables are coming out. I have been waiting for this feature for a while.

IAP are something you need to get right. I would hate to have a lot of angry customers coming my way if they didn't work properly.

It would be awesome to have IAP and game center achievements before Christmas.

Thanks again game salad you rock!
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    Wowwwwwwwwww Thank you very much gamesalad team for giveN attention on loading time and ram usage. You can introduce gamecenter achievement and inapp with version 1.0. Engine performance, joints and tables will create these game engine more power. I am very excited about this. Thank you very much
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    beefy_clyro said:
    The best news you could give :) For me personally, i don't care if its delayed a week, i don't care that iAp purchasing has been pushed back, the fact that you've seriously addressed performance and are looking to make it a true professional tool is awesome. Great games can be made without things like iAp and that has been proved countless times and some have had huge successes. The 1 thing that always let things down was performance and slow loading times, to have this dramatically reduced has made me do a little sex wee ;)

+1
  • RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272
    F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C!
  • chaleychaley Member, PRO Posts: 226
    REAL excited about this!
  • bang.JSbang.JS Member Posts: 2
    저는 한국의 유저 입니다.
    영어는 할 줄 모르기 때문에 한글로 작성합니다.
    GameSalad 때문에 저의 게임제작 욕구를 충족하고 있습니다.
    감사합니다.
  • BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
    This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Keep up the good work! ^_^
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Sounds perfect to me, the development priority is in exactly the right place.

Looking forward to the performance improvements.

Cheers,
    Shaz
  • mu-kowAPPSmu-kowAPPS Member Posts: 233
    Bang.js is a Korean user. Doesn't know English. Says thanks!

Rough translation thanks to my Korean wife.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    Mammoth said:
    Im glad tables are coming out. I have been waiting for this feature for a while.

IAP are something you need to get right. I would hate to have a lot of angry customers coming my way if they didn't work properly.

It would be awesome to have IAP and game center achievements before Christmas.

Thanks again game salad you rock!

do you mean this christmas or next christmas?

ok looking forward to all the updates!
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    uptimistik said:
    @ Ludwig :

There are also a couple of other cool features we’re going to try and squeeze in to 0.9.80, but we need to make sure they pass QA first before we can commit to them. I’ll post an update as soon as I have more news. In terms of timing, given all the performance improvement work, we needed to push back our release date an additional week to allow for sufficient QA. If everything clears through QA, we should be on track to release 0.9.80 some time next week.

So basically no idea what the new features are until they pass QA

Thanks for your reply.
    That is what i figured out. I was hoping some one knows more...
  • NesesitaGamesNesesitaGames Member Posts: 160
    Lovely- thank you so much for the update.

Would be even better if we got important updates like these via email as well, instead of having to visit the forums every day :)
  • GruntGrunt Member Posts: 109
    I actually stood up and at the peek of my voice said "yes! yes! yeeeeeees!".
    Long live GS. Having control over what assets to load and getting rid of the performance issue would mean a world to me. I had a very complex game project design with heavy animations and images and i was with a heavy heart planning to do it in some other way. I will love to do it in GS. Party time!
    Thanks!
  • sebmacflysebmacfly Member Posts: 1,018
    Thanks Steve!
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    감사합니다. :)
  • sebmacflysebmacfly Member Posts: 1,018
    What about making Universal App?
    Thanks ;)
  • gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306
    great upgrade.... I think that joints will be the real revolution for GS.

However also AdMob would be great, because iAd (that is great) has a very high eCPM but too much requests and too few impression, so every free game made with GS should have very very big results with a combination of iAd and AdMob
  • OtherGuyStudiosOtherGuyStudios Member Posts: 26
    I will buy GS Pro end of november when, GS achievements, tables, IAP and performance are fixed. I have the money just sitting in my account and put asside for this. My game is also reaching a point where i need these things. So it means i will only be releasing my game end of november early december :(
  • imGuaimGua Member Posts: 1,089
    When I read about optimization in first post, I only see optimization of loading times, will FPS increase after those updates? And how about freezes when actor is spawned?
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    great news that loading times is going to be well improved...its always been the most restricting aspect....

As for the 'we are nearly out of beta' bit...I nearly welled up crying on the train, I'm now quite proud to have been using the software for over a year and a half...I've learnt a lot about the software and game design and marking theory.......I love saying I develop using cutting edge software thats still in Beta... :-)
  • QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
    ...and so faith is restored once more to Gamesalad!
    Load times and performance have become the no.1 priority and this is perfect!
    I'm going to reevaluate my current project with the next two updates in mind, in anticipation of what's ahead.
    To me this is a big help and I'll probably aim to release after 0.9.90.
    Very much looking forward to these major improvements - thanks guys!

Mike
  • zombieaddictzombieaddict Member Posts: 213
    dstier said:
    With these performance upgrades, will spawning be "fixed" also? I currently have about 40 prototypes for bullets for recycling purposes.

Thanks!

and
    imGua said:
    When I read about optimization in first post, I only see optimization of loading times, will FPS increase after those updates? And how about freezes when actor is spawned?

i want to know the answer to these aswell. specifically the fixing of the destroy behaviour and the memory leak that occurs from it.
  • micksolomicksolo Member Posts: 264
    bang.JS said:
    저는 한국의 유저 입니다.
    감사합니다.

Translated roughly from my dodgy Korean...

I'm from Korea, thanks for Gamesalad, it meets my production needs for making games.

(something in there about speaking english but not exactly sure).
  • CharmandermonCharmandermon Member Posts: 14
    bang.JS said:
    저는 한국의 유저 입니다.
    감사합니다.

Translation: This update make me so horny. Even though I am bad driver I love GameSalad, I make sushi for everyone later at my house. Anyone up for fride rice?
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    thanks for the update, good direction in terms of keeping your customers updated in what's going on and explaining why there has been changes. tables are actually a much more powerful feature and it'll actually save us more time when designing our games.

again, keep up the good vibe and keep us in the light. of course you'll always get negative feedback no matter what you do but ... C'est la vie
  • Mcreator83Mcreator83 Member Posts: 120
    can't wait! :D
  • YoRoosterYoRooster Member Posts: 159
    zombieaddict said:
    and

i want to know the answer to these aswell. specifically the fixing of the destroy behaviour and the memory leak that occurs from it.

+1

I understand the idea how managing your assets can improve performance from the outset but does anyone know for sure if this resolves the RAM increase issue that eventually crashes your games? I see a lot of happy responses on here so I'm getting the impression it will. I look at this as an artist not a programmer so I try to understand everyone’s good advice as best I can.

It would be nice to know we could revert back to using the behaviours that the Gamesalad crew has provided us rather than having to rely on the more programmer savvy guys to figure out a clever work-around for us.

If I'm honest I feel all these fancy new features are nothing if the engine can't produce a stable game so this has got to be the first thing to get right before they go any further. The only reason I haven't yet forked out any of my cash to Gamesalad is because I'm worried after I make my game I will just end up with lots of performance bugs that I just can't get my head around.
    YoRooster said:
    +1

I understand the idea how managing your assets can improve performance from the outset but does anyone know for sure if this resolves the RAM increase issue that eventually crashes your games? I see a lot of happy responses on here so I'm getting the impression it will. I look at this as an artist not a programmer so I try to understand everyone’s good advice as best I can.

It would be nice to know we could revert back to using the behaviours that the Gamesalad crew has provided us rather than having to rely on the more programmer savvy guys to figure out a clever work-around for us.

If I'm honest I feel all these fancy new features are nothing if the engine can't produce a stable game so this has got to be the first thing to get right before they go any further. The only reason I haven't yet forked out any of my cash to Gamesalad is because I'm worried after I make my game I will just end up with lots of performance bugs that I just can't get my head around.

If you are smart enough to write a complicated idea you must be enough to configure GS. There is no way that you put artwork from oneside and game comes out from the other. you have to configure the game. Although GS says game creation for everyone, remember everyone cannot create a game with GS. For most people this is damn complicated, they simply cannot think or plan on these lines. The minimum requirement is that you already have something to do with Graphics, animation or some sort of software and then you have at least attempted programing and found it difficult. i assume we are on the same point....or aren't we?
    YoRooster said:
    +1

If you are smart enough to write a complicated idea you must be enough to configure GS. There is no way that you put artwork from one side and game comes out from the other. you have to configure the game. Although GS says game creation for everyone, remember everyone cannot create a game with GS. For most people this is a li'l complicated, they simply cannot think or plan on these lines. The minimum requirement is that you already have something to do with graphics, animation or some sort of software and then you have at least attempted programing and found it difficult. i assume i understood your point....or didn't i? Any ways what are you waiting for? people have already put hundreds of successful Gamesalad *stable* games on the app store and moved on n so should you.
This discussion has been closed.