Marketplace Update: Templates, Sellers, and Carts!

YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
Back in July, with the release of GameSalad 0.9.6 Beta, we introduced the first iteration of GameSalad Marketplace.

From the beginning, we designed Marketplace to be an online store where users could buy and sell artwork, audio, templates and other project assets. The GameSalad Marketplace mission is to provide game creators a fast and easy way to bring high quality assets and improved production value to their project as well as provide independent artists and creators access to our developer community. Until this point, only 1st party art assets have been available. That changes today.

We are now pleased to announce updates to Marketplace! Included in the new features are templates, 3rd party assets, a new shopping cart function, and enhanced search and preview technology!

We're very excited to say that templates are now available. Templates are a great resource to learn the GameSalad tool and understand the building blocks to popular game types. Launching today are twenty-one excellent templates from GameSalad Community stand-outs and favorites, TshirtBooth & Utopian Games. There will be more templates launching in the coming days and weeks, so keep an eye out for more great content!

We have also updated Marketplace functionality. With our new shopping cart, you'll experience a more streamlines, user-friendly process to purchasing multiple items from Marketplace. We've also stepped up our search and preview functions, allowing you to preview every image within an art pack. When you put all this together, it makes for a much more friendly, intuitive shopping experience.

In another significant development, GameSalad Marketplace is now accepting 3rd party submissions. We welcome you to submit your best work from a variety of art and templates styles, including: UI, characters, objects, backgrounds, animations, and more!

If you would like to have your art and/or templates considered for inclusion in the GameSalad Marketplace, please send us a sample template or portfolio of images (5 images, max) to marketsubmission@gamesalad.com. We will review all submissions and we will reach out to individuals that we feel demonstrate quality work and usefulness to the community.

Several months ago, we launched a special section of the forums, dedicated to marketplace activity. When this launched, it was with the understanding that the marketplace forum was only a temporary solution, until a more effective and official Marketplace was constructed. Now that community members will have access to the official GameSalad Marketplace, the marketplace forum will have served its purpose.

Don't panic! We're not flipping the switch tomorrow or anything. We've been in the process of integrating new forum software, which should roll out in the next 1-2 weeks. When the new forums go live, the marketplace forum will be removed. We will definitely give 24-48 hours notice before the change happens, but those doing business in the forum may want to start making arrangements to wrap up transactions before this migration takes place.

We're very excited about expanding the Marketplace to our Community immediately, and submissions will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis, so get your submissions in as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, there's still much more to come for Marketplace. Be on the lookout for audio assets, like sound effects and music, as well as expanded payment options.

Once again, for those in community wishing to become a seller on the GameSalad Marketplace, please submit a sample template or art work pack (5 image maximum) to marketsubmission@gamesalad.com.

Where Do I Go Now?
1. Take a look at the updated GameSalad Marketplace
2. Submit samples to become a Marketplace Seller

Comments

• PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Nice... looks like I have an email to write :)
  • sebmacflysebmacfly Member Posts: 1,018
    Yeah cool, 'im gonna write an email too! :D
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Wow great job!

www.mammothinteractive.net
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    You only mention templates and artwork in the post.
    Will you be accepting audio files too?
    Sparkyidr said:

I'm planning to mention that in my email. I have about 500 sound effects right now :)
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Sparkyidr said:
    You only mention templates and artwork in the post.

Im sure they will

And awesome news yoda.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    Yodapollo said:

Meanwhile, there's still much more to come for Marketplace. Be on the lookout for audio assets, like sound effects and music, as well as expanded payment options.

We're still working on the technical parts involved with the buying and selling of audio assets. It's definitely in the plan, and we're hoping to get those live as soon as we can.

--Yodapollo
  • sebmacflysebmacfly Member Posts: 1,018
    Hi Yoda!
    What i have to send in my mail? the template only?
    What about a paypal account, etc...?
    What info do you neeed for the submission?

Thanks ;)
    Yodapollo said:
    We're still working on the technical parts involved with the buying and selling of audio assets. It's definitely in the plan, and we're hoping to get those live as soon as we can.

Maybe it doesn't have to be something overly complicated. If .zip files could be uploaded, I could upload my sound files and Deep Blue Apps can include their GameSalad add-ons.
  • MChewieMChewie Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 32
    Regarding Submissions:

What we're looking for in the email is a sample of your work, be it a template or some sample images. In addition, please feel free to tell us about your other work, successes, etc. It's all good for helping us evaluate your skill and what it brings to Marketplace.

If we approve you for submitting as an asset provider, we'll send you over the terms and conditions for you to review and sign. At that point, you'll be given upload information and we go from there.

Hope that helps, and we're really looking forward to bringing all this new content to Marketplace!

--MChewie

And yes, we're working to get audio assets added as soon as possible.
    m_chuberka said:
    What we're looking for in the email is a sample of your work

Maybe start with an email that works :)
    I got a bounce-back.

Should I just send you an email?
    @Photics,

Thanks for the info! It worked earlier today. We're looking into it now.

As to your earlier post, the transferring and storing of files has never been an issue. When it comes to audio, the big question is previewing and sampling. People want to be able to see/hear what they're buying first.

That's certainly easy enough to do with art, thanks to the magic of "watermarks" and other embedding we can do in the visual preview image.

iTunes and other music sites can do previews fairly easily, as most of the content is pretty long. They can simply offer a shortened version for preview. But if you're dealing with a short sound effect that lasts a total of 0.5 seconds, how do you shorten that for preview?

We've got some interesting solutions, it's just taking some time to implement.

--Yodapollo
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    I got a bounce back email also.
    Yodapollo said:
    iTunes and other music sites can do previews fairly easily, as most of the content is pretty long. They can simply offer a shortened version for preview. But if you're dealing with a short sound effect that lasts a total of 0.5 seconds, how do you shorten that for preview?

Well, with the 500 sound effects, they could be played as one big sound file. (Maybe not all of them, but some of them strung together.) Each of the sounds could be overlapped a teeny bit, so that the preview couldn't simply be edited.

What should we do about the email? Is it fixed? Should we wait?
    Just got confirmation from IT that the marketsubmission@gamesalad.com email should be working properly. Please resubmit any emails you may have sent. Thanks.

--Yodapollo
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Looks awesome guys! I'll be sending you all an email very soon.

- Alex
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    Email sent! So far it appears to be working. No bouncing email notification yet. :)
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    I will have to write an email also
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I'm so glad they are selecting people for this instead of making it a free for all, should keep a lot of the crap out of the marketplace.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    jonmulcahy said:
    I'm so glad they are selecting people for this instead of making it a free for all, should keep a lot of the crap out of the marketplace.

Ditto :)
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    Awesome news, there are some very talented members here and this will make it much easier to find and buy things.
  • DZTECHDZTECH Member, PRO Posts: 216
    A lot of artists and composers put ads in the market place for custom music or custom art. Where can they put their ads.
    DZTECH said:
    A lot of artists and composers put ads in the market place for custom music or custom art. Where can they put their ads.

Im suggesting to yodapollo that we have a Services Listing Area. Although i'm afraid it will be just the same with a load of ppl who are unqualified to offer a service offering things to make some fast cash. So who knows. Maybe Approved Marketplace sellers only will be allowed to List custom services in an area of the marketplace. That would be the best thing I guess.
  • RumiRumi Member, PRO Posts: 343
    Yodapollo said:
    @Photics,

Thanks for the info! It worked earlier today. We're looking into it now.

As to your earlier post, the transferring and storing of files has never been an issue. When it comes to audio, the big question is previewing and sampling. People want to be able to see/hear what they're buying first.

That's certainly easy enough to do with art, thanks to the magic of "watermarks" and other embedding we can do in the visual preview image.

We've got some interesting solutions, it's just taking some time to implement.

--Yodapollo

You could "water mark" the audio! Have it so that while the audio is playing that some background sound is playing like "Gamesalad Marketplace" This is what other sound sites do!
  • AcceleratedGamesAcceleratedGames Member Posts: 201
    42Volt said:
    1. Bluetooth/ Game center Multiplayer
    2. Ability to use camera
    3. Template Store added to Marketplace
    4. Video upload
    5. Xcode exporting

I do believe that I was the one that came up with this idea. :-)
    42Volt said:
    I do believe that I was the one that came up with this idea. :-)

Pleas tell me you dont honestly think templates where not planned as part of the marketplace until you suggested it 3 weeks ago. We wanted a template marketplace on GameSalad back before there was a Marketplace Section of the forum. :)
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    You go away on a friends stag do for 3 days come back and this exciting event happens...

if I was'nt on day two of my hangover I'd send an email now...

Well fingers severely crossed I get some of my templates from www.stormystudio.com approved.

Good luck everyone...
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Okee dokey...email sent...

One question for discussion....

When the marketplace section of the forum goes, does that mean everyone is going to be allowed to 'talk about / promote' templates that are for sale openly in the main forum?... which I know can get annoying...
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    stormystudio said:
    Okee dokey...email sent...

One question for discussion....

When the marketplace section of the forum goes, does that mean everyone is going to be allowed to 'talk about / promote' templates that are for sale openly in the main forum?... which I know can get annoying...

God, I hope not. Otherwise, you're just moving the marketplace to the normal forums.

And I doubt *anyone* wants that! (including me and I have a 'Description writing' service that just won't fit into the 'new' marketplace!)

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

This discussion has been closed.