GameSalad 0.9.7 - iOS Keyboard, Device Clock, and Debugger

1235»

Comments

• hich4mhich4m Member, PRO Posts: 142
    i really have no time dealing with those issues , i waited already long for the update to correct the gs viewer bugs , and now it's worst , performance major drop down , i'm just losing time and money .
  • dumdumdude42dumdumdude42 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Everybody.

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes:

Every since I downloaded this 9.7 my game has been crashing or freezing up every 3 minutes when I'm editing it. It's performing fine and the fps is fine, but when I transition between scene editor, actor editor and Preview, it almost always quits. This makes it impossible to work on. It is a very large project, and It is almost done, but I can't finish it when Gamesalad quits every 3 minutes.
    If anyone can help, that'd be awesome.

Thanks,
    Thomas

PS. I have downloaded 9.71 (the patch) and nothing changed.
  • floydianspiralfloydianspiral Member, PRO Posts: 308
    Just updated to the .971 and my display timer looks terrible! Really choppy and it randomly shoots out decimal points like 16.1500000001. Posted a couple times about this and emailed bugs@gamesalad.com and still no response...please fix this!
  • gamedivisiongamedivision Member Posts: 807
    your lucky my friend I've been waiting about 4 months for the performance to be dealt with,i was told by one of the big chiefs by email as id sent my game in to be tested by them that loading times and ram are going to be dealt with and that in the meantime i could use image flipping to help(yes you got that right made me laugh as well just shows so out of touch they are), that was over 2 months ago,and since then they've gone backwards in performance.so you can make your own decision on where their priorities lie with there customers.
    hich4m said:
    i really have no time dealing with those issues , i waited already long for the update to correct the gs viewer bugs , and now it's worst , performance major drop down , i'm just losing time and money .

• sirius3961sirius3961 Member Posts: 3
    For the the last months I have been developing a graphic adventure game which I programmed with the 0.9.0 release. Why 0.9.0? Ive have tried all further releases after 0.9.0, but performance got worse for my game with all later releases. With 0.9.0 performance worked well so far, both with the iPad viewer and on the Mac. Now I have 160 scenes and 173 MB size in the final program. Yesterday, publishing it with 0.9.0, it installs well in iTunes and synced on the iPad. Everything loooked right, but when Ive tried to start it on the iPad the message appeared "this game's publishing license is not valid". So Ive checked the forum again and decided to install today 0.9.71. Everything worked fine, publishing, game is syncing, game is starting on the iPad. Intro and first 6 Intro scenes running well. But the game itself is VERY slow and after scene 7-8 the app crashes. I was hoping that I could publish with 0.9.0 but was wrong. I am patient, but wants to release it in App Store in the next 4 weeks when the website and hint booklet are finished. Hope that this memory issue will be fixed soon.
    sirius3961 said:
    For the the last months I have been developing a graphic adventure game which I programmed with the 0.9.0 release. Why 0.9.0? Ive have tried all further releases after 0.9.0, but performance got worse for my game with all later releases. With 0.9.0 performance worked well so far, both with the iPad viewer and on the Mac. Now I have 160 scenes and 173 MB size in the final program. Yesterday, publishing it with 0.9.0, it installs well in iTunes and synced on the iPad. Everything loooked right, but when Ive tried to start it on the iPad the message appeared "this game's publishing license is not valid". So Ive checked the forum again and decided to install today 0.9.71. Everything worked fine, publishing, game is syncing, game is starting on the iPad. Intro and first 6 Intro scenes running well. But the game itself is VERY slow and after scene 7-8 the app crashes. I was hoping that I could publish with 0.9.0 but was wrong. I am patient, but wants to release it in App Store in the next 4 weeks when the website and hint booklet are finished. Hope that this memory issue will be fixed soon.

Any chance to publish the game in App Store with the 0.9.0 release? Tx
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    sirius3961 said:
    Any chance to publish the game in App Store with the 0.9.0 release? Tx

no
    Thanks, calvin9403!

So...I wait...
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    I'm still having crashing issues on iOS 3.0 and 3.1

Anyone else having that issue?
  • gariantrollgariantroll Member Posts: 219
    I have faith in the Game Salad team. After al,l look where we got with them, so I would rather help them out than complain. But sometimes complaining is helping I just hope they don't think I am ungrateful for their hard work.
  • ericdg123ericdg123 Member, PRO Posts: 156
    floydianspiral said:
    Just updated to the .971 and my display timer looks terrible! Really choppy and it randomly shoots out decimal points like 16.1500000001. Posted a couple times about this and emailed bugs@gamesalad.com and still no response...please fix this!

I am having the same problem. The frame rate decreasing and the fact that with every new update comes more and more problems, makes me a very unhappy camper.

I had another game completed then 96 came out and messed with the graphics so I waited, then 97 came out and fixed the graphics but made the game very slow and ruined the game timer.

I guess I'll just sit around another month or two and wait to see if the next update brings more fixes than problems. My income keeps dwindling down because I cannot release any more games until gamesalad fixes these problems, but the customers, even the pro customers, know exactly how gamesalad feels about us.

I guess with all this free time on my hands waiting for gamesalad, I will continue learning more serious sdk's that actually care about their customers.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @ericdg123

We're certainly working improving load times and engine performance with each of the next few releases. Our dev team is working like mad to make performance better and we'll get it out to everyone as soon as those changes are ready.

In the meantime, have you checked out CodeMonkey's workaround for some common performance/loading time issues on iOS?

I completely understand that performance issues like this can be extraordinarily frustrating, and we're working as fast as we can to improve it.

--Yodapollo
  • CharmandermonCharmandermon Member Posts: 14
    Hey Yoda,
    My team is about to release 2 apps, any possible time frame on that new 0.9.8 release, we are wondering if we should wait for it.

Thanks in advanced!
    Yodapollo said:
    @ericdg123

We're certainly working improving load times and engine performance with each of the next few releases. Our dev team is working like mad to make performance better and we'll get it out to everyone as soon as those changes are ready.

In the meantime, have you checked out CodeMonkey's workaround for some common performance/loading time issues on iOS?

I completely understand that performance issues like this can be extraordinarily frustrating, and we're working as fast as we can to improve it.

--Yodapollo

Thanks for the response yoda. The workarounds do help, but I guess I'm having some trouble understanding why the engine would be running slower with the new updates.

I'm sure the display time bug was just an unintended overlooked bug, but it does prevent me from releasing anything else.

Do you know if this is something that will be addressed in the next version. This was working perfectly before .97.

Performance issues are something that can be dealt with, but new bugs being introduced are what is so frustrating to me. I can release my game if it runs a few fps slower, and just wait for the new versions to do an update, but the new little bugs are something I just can't release at all in my games.

Thanks.
  • YodapolloYodapollo Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 447
    @ericdg123

The display time issue is slated to be fixed in 0.9.80. It's still being worked on and hasn't gone through QA yet, but it's on our schedule for fixes included in 0.9.80. I hope that answers your question. We're also looking to have some fixes relating to performance and loading times as well. Thanks for response and I hope this helps.

--Yodapollo
    Thats great yoda. I appreciate your response. I've been a pro member of gamesalad for awhile and this is the only time I've gotten a response on the boards or by email from a head chef, so that makes me feel better.

I've got a few last minute touches to do on a couple games and I was debating on releasing them with the display time issue and just updating it when the new version comes out but I'll wait a couple weeks and see if .9.8 comes out since this is an issue that you guys will be fixing. Thanks.

Loading times are not nearly as important to me as are performance issues. I've personally waited a long time for games to load if I thought they were going to be great or if I've already purchased them.

I remember a while back, I think it was still in .8x, that loading times were very very long and I think GS has came a long way in that regards.
  • CreativeRightCreativeRight Member, PRO Posts: 11
    Super...
    But where's the in app purchase option, thats the most important feature this game builder is missing!
    I think this thread should be closed since he have an update

CAlvin
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    calvin9403 said:
    I think this thread should be closed since he have an update

CAlvin

Really Calvin? You bumped a thread just to say it needs to be closed? Come on man. Do do that crap.

GameSalad made it a sticky So they will take it down when they are ready. There is no other sticky regarding 0.9.7 and there is still valid info on the features that came with 0.9.7. There is no need for this to be closed. Please do not bump a thread just to say it needs to be closed. It only brings it to the top and takes room for threads you obviously feel are more important.
    tenrdrmer said:
    Really Calvin? You bumped a thread just to say it needs to be closed? Come on man. Do do that crap.

yes I did

the update has come, there is no point this thread should be open or in the sticky

Calvin