GameSalad Answers 10 Questions - Tonight!

2»

Comments

• MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Lol, those answer where useless.
  • NeverbeNeverbe Member Posts: 117
    Useless and vague answer...
  • iDeveloperiDeveloper Member Posts: 441
    Using Twitter to post a Q&A is unprofessional. No business would do that. (Does Apple use Twitter to announce stuff? No, Apple uses their own WEBSITE)

I also agree that the Q&A doesn't give us new information.

And one thing you don't do is say your going to release something (solid date), then delay it. If GS was a professional business, they would release the new update.

I'm carious, how many bugs are there? And WHY do they keep "finding" these bugs? Sounds like nothing but excuses.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    woah guys.

I'm just as dissapointed in the lack of communication as the next man, but I feel you are getting a little stressed over this one.

From reading Yoda's original post, I took it as a fairly informal kind of thing. Not anything to announce stuff or anything like that.

We all love how it is (was) a friendly place to be here, and it felt like last night was an extension of that, and a way for the GS team to get involved with us as a community.

It's much the same thing as the informal webinars that happen over at Corona. Just a different, less official feeling, way of some form of communication.

We complain when they don't talk to us, then we complain when they do....I bet they feel like they can't win at the mo. :o)

but like I said....some firm answers to the questions floating around would be nice. It's been a loooooong wait for all this new exciting stuff to kick in.

just my 2p there.
  • RickyRicky Member Posts: 58
    Game salad did this so they can get more followers. That, in turn will increase popularity and rake in customers by providing the most positive answers possible, which may be nothing but a conspiracy..
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    I think it is all great, no complaints from me...looking forward to the new pricing. I'm hoping I can afford to go Pro :)
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    @Sparkyidr – and a very good 2p's worth it was! :-)
    Ricky said:
    Game salad did this so they can get more followers. That, in turn will increase popularity and rake in customers by providing the most positive answers possible, which may be nothing but a conspiracy..

Hi Ricky, bit of an odd comment, if you don't mind me saying. Gendai Games is a business, not a charity...of course they want to "rake in more customers". What's good for their business is inevitably good for all of us. Don't you think?

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    I actually think it was an effective way to create more buzz in the twitter-sphere, and at the same time, provide the illusion of open communication. I don't think it was completely useless. There was SOME detail that was not known or easily discernible prior to the event.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    My philosophy with social networking — if you think it's fun for marketing, it's OK to dabble with it. I think they're all fads that will eventually fade away. Your own website should be the main focal point for your marketing efforts. Otherwise, you're basically using your own efforts to build up someone else's website. Any minor gains from Twitter were negated by increased frustration by the main GameSalad community.

Build a good foundation here first, and then play with Twitter.
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    Yodapollo said:
    I came in this morning, and the first thing on my to-do list was post the questions and answers from last night's Twitter Q&A, but it seems that they've already been posted. :)

I'd just like to thank everyone who participated and offered up their questions.

I think this is something we are going to try and do on a weekly basis. This first run was just a test and I think it could get even better the more we do it.

Thanks for thoughts, feelings, comments, and suggestions on how we can make this better going forward.

--Yodapollo

You Are right about that Yodapollo... This really was a test...
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    I think it was a great idea!
    They have already promised the update to be out by this weekend or next week at the latest!
    I'm happy they havn't said too much, otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise! :D (i love surprises!)
  • iDeveloperiDeveloper Member Posts: 441
    Well, being a good idea VS being professional is the matter here.

As I said earlier: Why can't they just use their website? Seems they DON'T want to give out new info, Twitter posts can only contain 140 CHARACTERS. (140 Characters = Less Info)

The fact they're delaying the update even more makes me want to believe we won't get an update before 2011. (where do all these bugs keep coming from?)
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    Well for me, I can understand the bugfixing delaying the release of the update. What I dont understand is the need to keep delaying announcing what the new pricing structure is going to be, and how the new system is going to work.

Yoda keeps saying theyre still tweaking the pricing etc... but hes been saying that for a month now...surely they dont actually keep dithering and debating it, then two days later go through it all again.... that just sounds bonkers and unprofessional. I just cant see how they dont already have that all decided by now.

Let the engineers/coders do their job and give us a bug free update, and let them take more time if necessary. From the sounds of it theyre really working their asses off to pull out something impressive, and the fact theyre doing active bugfixing before a release can only be good news. So they should be getting our full backing for that....

Its the marketting/sales side of the business that needs to get their act together, and stop pissing us about with the promises and vague hints of information. Just give us the pricing/structure info already.... and at least we then have something to start thinking about, and can then see the way forward.

So yup...two sides to the GameSalad business... one thats working hard to give us something good... and one that seems to not know what its doing half of the time.

Like people have said above... the 10 questions/answers completely sidestepped giving us any real answers as usual.....
  • vegasmike1vegasmike1 Member Posts: 192
    GS is in a war, probably even having battles inside with each other, at this point we are not important, its clear there are two sides of that company, the amazing coders and the lackluster marketing admin folks. Keeping customer is based on trust, and if you read all the various posts of members I think its easy to see that most of the members are not impressed with the admin part of this company.

They have no people to talk to, and when you do get and email its not that clear from a customer service aspect. When lots of folks got a notice that they had been sort of bumped out of the reoccurring auto charge, that should have NEVER happened, never. That is really a sign of a lack of good management, GS should have sent that notice in advance so that everyone would know in advance. But they did not.

Communication with them is horrid. So I can only assume that they have NO customer support staff. I thought that with the infusion of cash they would be fixing that, but we have Twitter tweeting as a resource for Q and A. That is really not cool or professional.

I think the code monkeys et al, are busting their collective behinds to get GS in shape for the next wave of competitive products, and they should.

Its not when it happens or what it is going to cost, all due respect to all members, its about being clear, honest and open. Enough of this half a story business, we need honest, real answers, If you ask When is this going to be released, honest answer are, we are not sure, but as soon as we have a date certain we will announce it here on the forum first followed by an email to you and then we will follow through but at this point we just dont know.

Giving hopeful comments is a waste of time and its a lie wrapped in pretty paper. If you dont know just say it, then members can move on.

They have a small market, and they can double or triple it, but they are not going to move people from exocde, unless they get really good with GS.

I hate code, I like drag and drop I like GS, and I just want it to get better, but even more than the code, I want the company to get its act together. There is no mystery here, FireMaples made a great game with the present rev of GS, so it has its problems but it did not hold Joe back, he moved on.

Silence is golden when everything you might say is BS, nothing is better than drivel. I am like a 1000 years old to most of you, and I have been doing business in the real world for years, over 35, I earnestly wished I had ownership in GS, I would fix the admin mess in a week. The code, well we will see what happens next.

sorry GS I also hate the concept of negative thought and words, so I want to finish with this. I will support you as long as you keep trying but please stop the babble, be honest, in the end the truth will indeed set you free. Secrets are lies in the making, just tell the truth. Its amazing how GS does not see this. No more half efforts, do it right, we will all support you, but you have to make us your partners, we make what you do possible. Without a user base, you have nothing. We are all with you but be open. Its your shot at greatness and you can get the brass ring, but not in the manner you have chosen so far.

From an old song

there is nothing you can do that can't be done

Unless you have figured out cold fusion, its just a better way to make programs, you are not alone and you competition is right around the corner.

I am done with this party and, like anyone cares, am not going to comment again.
  • dotsonj23dotsonj23 Member Posts: 316
    vegasmike1 said:
    GS is in a war, probably even having battles inside with each other, at this point we are not important, its clear there are two sides of that company, the amazing coders and the lackluster marketing admin folks. Keeping customer is based on trust, and if you read all the various posts of members I think its easy to see that most of the members are not impressed with the admin part of this company.

They have no people to talk to, and when you do get and email its not that clear from a customer service aspect. When lots of folks got a notice that they had been sort of bumped out of the reoccurring auto charge, that should have NEVER happened, never. That is really a sign of a lack of good management, GS should have sent that notice in advance so that everyone would know in advance. But they did not.

Communication with them is horrid. So I can only assume that they have NO customer support staff. I thought that with the infusion of cash they would be fixing that, but we have Twitter tweeting as a resource for Q and A. That is really not cool or professional.

I think the code monkeys et al, are busting their collective behinds to get GS in shape for the next wave of competitive products, and they should.

Its not when it happens or what it is going to cost, all due respect to all members, its about being clear, honest and open. Enough of this half a story business, we need honest, real answers, If you ask When is this going to be released, honest answer are, we are not sure, but as soon as we have a date certain we will announce it here on the forum first followed by an email to you and then we will follow through but at this point we just dont know.

Giving hopeful comments is a waste of time and its a lie wrapped in pretty paper. If you dont know just say it, then members can move on.

They have a small market, and they can double or triple it, but they are not going to move people from exocde, unless they get really good with GS.

I hate code, I like drag and drop I like GS, and I just want it to get better, but even more than the code, I want the company to get its act together. There is no mystery here, FireMaples made a great game with the present rev of GS, so it has its problems but it did not hold Joe back, he moved on.

Silence is golden when everything you might say is BS, nothing is better than drivel. I am like a 1000 years old to most of you, and I have been doing business in the real world for years, over 35, I earnestly wished I had ownership in GS, I would fix the admin mess in a week. The code, well we will see what happens next.

sorry GS I also hate the concept of negative thought and words, so I want to finish with this. I will support you as long as you keep trying but please stop the babble, be honest, in the end the truth will indeed set you free. Secrets are lies in the making, just tell the truth. Its amazing how GS does not see this. No more half efforts, do it right, we will all support you, but you have to make us your partners, we make what you do possible. Without a user base, you have nothing. We are all with you but be open. Its your shot at greatness and you can get the brass ring, but not in the manner you have chosen so far.

From an old song

there is nothing you can do that can't be done

Unless you have figured out cold fusion, its just a better way to make programs, you are not alone and you competition is right around the corner.

I am done with this party and, like anyone cares, am not going to comment again.

AGREED. AGREED!