Lost old KeyStore, no updates possible? New App?

I didn't have the old keystore-file, for some updates I want to provide.

The last updates was a lot of years ago.

So there is no other option, to make a new, right?

Without the keystore-file and when in Google Developer console the option of managing the keystore-file(s) is not turn on, I must create a new game, with a different Bundle-ID, right?

If so, should I then remove the other app from the store, or let it also in? What's your meaning?

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
  • MarcoColMarcoCol Member, PRO Posts: 279

Even "Play App Signing" isn't turned on?

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

Can you turn it on?

I could, but I am not sure about the consequences of my other apps.

When I try to turn it on, I get this four options, where I must one of select:

1. Use existing app keystore from Android Studio
    2. Use existing Java app keystore
    3. Use existing app keystore for another repository
    4. Use new app keystore (for each release is one app bundle and a apk required)

Not sure...!

I think I would try it with option 3 and can hopefully select a keystore which was used with another app.

I think I have created the keystore which I most of the times use with GameSalad years ago. So maybe Option 2 would work too, but I am not sure.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

I don't think that is going to work. i looked at the options, and none seem to be ideal.

I will try option 3, but I even think, that it will not work. It's a try. If it doesn't work, I must create a new app I think...

I try options 2 and 3 and get an app-signature-key with the keystore.

With 2, they write I should download and use the PEPK-Tool

with 3, they write I should use an posted code

But I am absolutely unfamiliar with that. I think the best would be not to try to update the apps but make a new app with another bundle id and use an existing keystore (other one than the old dev used in the past for the try to update the apps)...

I've made a research in the internet and found out, that there might be the possibility, that Google reset the keystore for upcoming update. I wrote to them and await now their answer, if it's possible to reset the keystore (I might be create a new one and send it to them).

They sent me the info, that it's not possible to reset the keystore.

New apps should be created...