App Binary RC 1.25.20200905 - Banner Ads, Slower Accelerometer Update

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052
edited September 2020 in Release Notes

To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.

The goal of this RC line is to upgrade Android to Target API 29 (with a minimum of 21) and to upgrade Ad network libraries as well accompanying Android / Google libraries.

For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.

Android:

• Upgrade to Google Play Service Base & Basement 17.3.0.
  • Target API 29
  • Min API 21
  • IronSrc 6.16.1 and all mediated networks.
  • Admob 19.1.0
  • Chartboost 8.0.2
  • Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings.

iOS (No change since )

• Deployment target of iOS 12.1 with SDK 13.x
  • IronSrc 7.0.0.0
  • IronSrc now includes all mediated networks except HyperMX
  • Publishing with IronSrc disabled will now exclude IronSrc libraries, making the binary smaller.
  • Chartboost 8.2.1
  • Admob 7.64.0
  • IronSrc & Chartboost Banner Ad Support
  • Updated code to avoid potential crashes from background updates from IAP and GameCenter
  • Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings
  • Accelerometer updates 1/30 of a second rather than 1/60, to hopefully better march old behavior.

Both:

• Updated Freestick to 0.3.2 allowing for more controller support.
  • Removed loading of TIFF, EXR, and RAW images from freeimage
  • Consolidated XML parsing to libxml2 (changing the table loader from expat)

Last update: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/98069/app-binary-rc-1-25-20200819-child-directed-flag-for-admob/p1

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@adent42 is there an issue with the change scene/show interstitial ad behaviour?

I've made a test build of my project for my iPhone, using admob banner and interstitial ads. the banner ad works fine, but nothing displays with the interstitial ad call up. I'm just wondering if there is an issue with the latest build. I use .99 of the desktop creator and build rc to generate. I'd appreciate your advice please.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

Which network? I was able to put in test IDs and get both types of ads.

admob. maybe i’ve done something wrong with the interstitial ad unit. i’ll give it another go and get back to you. thanks.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

We'll go back and check too. We do it with test IDs first to ensure there's nothing up with the code first. I'll double check that tonight.

ok thanks. so i've tried it on my samsung tablet, iphone and ipad. interstitial test ads work on the samsung tablet, but not on the apple devices (the banner does work on the apple devices though).

also as an fyi, i upgraded the operating system of my ipad (mini 2), and the test build is extremely slow/laggy now at points on the latest version of ios. not sure if that's something within gamesalad or the new os on an old device, but thought i would flag with you. my test build worked smoothly on the older os installed on the ipad.

i've also tried a test build with video interstitial reward ad units, which work. just regular interstitial ads on ios that don't work for me.

Ah, okay. I was testing with video interstitials (assuming that if those work, it's all good). Thanks for the help!

Found the (rather embarrassing) problem. We should have an updated build by tomorrow morning.

awesome. thank you.