Android APK Rejections / Upload Errors with Google Play & Amazon App Store.

13»

Comments

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100
    edited June 2020

I give up, I will wait for any new developments or updates here or the GS versions

apksigner sign --ks nk.testkey.keystore --ks-key-alias nk_games_testkey 140d2_zipaligned.apk

Keystore password for signer #1:

Failed to load signer "signer #1"

java.io.IOException: Invalid keystore format

at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore$JKS.engineLoad(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.KeyStoreDelegator.engineLoad(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore$DualFormatJKS.engineLoad(Unknown Source)

at java.security.KeyStore.load(Unknown Source)

at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool$SignerParams.loadKeyStoreFromFile(ApkSignerTool.java:829)

at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool$SignerParams.loadPrivateKeyAndCertsFromKeyStore(ApkSignerTool.java:719)

at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool$SignerParams.loadPrivateKeyAndCerts(ApkSignerTool.java:659)

at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool$SignerParams.access$500(ApkSignerTool.java:611)

at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool.sign(ApkSignerTool.java:266)

at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool.main(ApkSignerTool.java:89)

I have done some search, I believe the problem lies in that I was likely using an old keytool from an old version of java. To resolve it I guess I will need to create a new key etc

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/solved-sign-google-playstore-error.112731/

As of this moment I am still unable to sign and submit to Google Play. I will follow here and any helps are much appreciated...

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Have you previously submitted a version of the app (i.e. will creating a new keystore be a problem for you?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@NKBDL when we fix the tool it won't solve your issue, since we're going to be using the same tools (notice that our app signer points to existing tools.

If you PM me your keystore (not the password, I just want to look at the format), I might be able to come up with instructions to convert it.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680
    edited June 2020

@adent42 This may be a really stupid question but here goes anyway; Is it good practice to update Java every time an update is available or is there a risk we can break something related to GameSalad app signing if we jump the gun so to speak. Hope that makes sense.

@adent42 Thank you I will send it to you for checking. Part of me wanted to use GS is to get rid of the coding, so hopefully things will be easy (or if someone can make a tool to make things really simple that d be cool)

@strag Yes I have the same in mind, seriously I have been switching consoles and going here and there with my laptop, desktop etc and sometimes the HTML5 creator online. I am unsure which settings or which computer has upgraded or not. Also, the keystore I had it for years... Wasn't expecting a change to that but I guess it did. Appreciated if we can like have like really easy checkers (say reminders in form of a list or something on GS, or somewhere) that d be really cool. Just let GS or some console know what you have, and they do the rest and remind.

Anyways, glad to see so much helps and passion with our forums. I will try again or create a new keystore... (I honestly forgot how it was done already...)

edited June 2020

Can anyone who successfully signed let me know what their keystore format is like? Thank you so much.

Mine was created like a few years back, but I was unsure of what keytool or java versions it was created with...

Keystore type: PKCS12

Keystore provider: SUN

Your keystore contains 1 entry

nk_games_testkey, Mar 29, 2018, PrivateKeyEntry,

Certificate fingerprint (SHA1): xxxxxxxx (I just cut this off in case I shouldn't show this to public)

So instead of using the latest build-tools of 30.0.0, I referenced to one of the suggested example of using build-tools 28.0.3:

The first command was successful:

zipalign -v -p 4 140d3.apk 140d3_zaligned.apk

The second command was also successful as well (I tried without the --in and --out it won't work, so advised to put it in).

apksigner sign --ks nk.testkey.keystore --ks-key-alias nk_games_testkey --in 140d3_zaligned.apk --out 140d3_zaligned_signed.apk

I am running it on Windows. Also I had to use the "Build RC" button instead of "Generate APK" from the portfolio otherwise GooglePlay will tell you you have some 64 bit issues with your codes.

So I believe there are some new updates beyond build-tools 28.0.3. For those of you who got some strange errors like me, I will glad to share. Just ask here. Cheers.

I uploaded it to Google Play all is ok now aside some expected warning messages.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited June 2020

@strag I'm working on some android binary fixes, but once we get to this apksigner, I'll look into putting more checks. I think the best solution (at least for a subset of users) is to handle signing on the server. That way, we constantly keep up-to-date.

As for Java versions vis-a-vis GameSalad signing. I believe we ask you to stay at Java 1.7 ATM. The reason is after that the jarsigner tool changed some command line parameters and / or locations.

Since we can no longer using jarsigner, I think you can get the latest Java version that works with your version of Android Studio.

@adent42 Thank you. I will bookmark this post and come back to it when I have issues with the signing. Cheers!

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

I've not checked in on Gamesalad in quite some time - and trying to get back up to speed with the it's current state...

Has this signing issue now been resolved in the latest version of Creator? And if not is there a fix in the works? It looks like a real headache to me!

• FireCrocFireCroc Member, PRO Posts: 60

Hi Indra

Looks like you just need to change the directory you pointing to to the downloads folder

Before running the second command try

cd C:\Users\indra Aziz\Downloads

• DarveyDarvey Member Posts: 24

This is going to seem ridiculous to some, but can someone provide a link to where i can download java 1.7 for a macbook .

Catalina . version 10.15.4

Im not very familiar with Java at all.

Thanks

• hyojin choihyojin choi Member Posts: 2

Lilololol

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368

Hey @adent42 any update on this? I had one of my apps built with GameSalad removed from the Google Play store "because it uses software that contains security vulnerabilities and violates our Malicious Behavior policy."

Please advise.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

The closest thing I've found is one of the ad networks, so disable IronSrc (or disable Maio on IronSrc I think).

I don't use IronSrc for any of my apps. Just Admob on that one.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

@8BitAvrin can you DM me your game's publishing link so I can take a look at the option mix? Thanks

@adent42 sent, thanks for looking into this!

• gajaklukaszgajaklukasz Member, PRO Posts: 110
    edited October 2021

Thanks NKBDL :-)

• djzcreativedjzcreative Member, PRO Posts: 33

Sorry I did not understand correctly, I use windows and publish on google play, but I download the aab file from gamesalad and then I sign it manually using jarsigner, if I have not misunderstood I can no longer use it? thanks for the clarification.