ITMS-90809

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

We are aware of the ITMS-90809 issue. We've tracked the issue down to IronSrc.

We'll be creating a new build that excludes IronSrc code.

If you are publishing a game without ads, using the Build RC button should fix the issues.

If you do want ads, we hope to have an updated build out by tomorrow.

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

I was able to get a build into our QA system. Here's what's gonna happen:

iOS + IronSrc ads => will likely still get rejected. They are using IronSrc ad mediators that are problematic.

iOS+ with Chartboost or Admob only => will likely get accepted. Both of those networks removed the offending UIWebView.

We'll do some testing tomorrow and hopefully release later in the day.

Thanks for your patience.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

New RC deployed. If you are using only Chartboost or Admob, you should no longer have issues with ITMS-90809. We are awaiting word from IronSrc on what to do. Hopefully we will be able to keep the mediator and only remove a few networks.

• squirrel42squirrel42 Member, PRO Posts: 195

FYI I submitted apps to AppStore on the 11 May with IronSource ads (reward and interstitial) and had no error. It is now on the store and ads seem t be working as expected. I am using just IronSource to serve ads and no other networks, perhaps this is the reason?

Correction: It seems I did have this error emailed to me

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - App updates that use UIWebView will no longer be accepted as of December 2020. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview).

But I assumed this is related just to web view? Either way it was accepted and is now available on the store and verything seems to be working fine..

I am going to need IronSource if possible please, its removal has broken my apps..

Could you leave IronSource in the Current Build, so I can continue testing/building? (iOS)

@squirrel42 it’s there if you enable it, we just remove it if you disable it.

• It works for me now, thank you @adent42 !

Hmm, still not working for me, I'll try again tomorrow (UK)

• @squirrel42 sorry to hear it... Hope your issue can be resolved early!

@squirrel42 DM me your publishing link and I can take a look.

• DarveyDarvey Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2020

How do I download new RC Build?

When I click on "download other releases" it just takes me to the main download page.

There are occasional forum post for them, we don't make them centrally available. The current RC build is here:

https://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.99.dmg

That being said you don't need to RC GameSalad Creator to use the RC Builds for Apps. Just us the "Build RC" button on your game's publishing page instead of the "Generate" button.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

Are you still using IronSource without problem? I get the same email but I think of using it because the deadline is December 2020.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

The RC should have all of it removed AFAIK, we had to cut two networks because of it.

I tried only IronSource test ads on Testflight. I think Ironsource itself continues to use UIWebView as you mentioned.

If December is the deadline and Apple still accepts build with this error. Why we get rid of AppLovin when IronSource itself is unfortunately still the main source of the problem? If this is the case, IronSource may not remove UIWebView until little time before the deadline, then there is no point to removed AppLovin or other AdNetwork.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

The item was being enforced unevenly. Some people were being rejected for the UIWebView already, so we removed it to be safe.

• MaxRjMMaxRjM Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020

I still can't put an ad there!