IOS RC: 2024-07-10 Ad Network Updates, IPA, SwiftSupport

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,129
edited July 21 in Release Notes

To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad Creator you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x. Previous RC has been promoted to Release version.

For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.

iOS (Compile 17.5, Min SDK 13 for IronSrc builds, MinSDK 12.1 otherwise)

Features:

• Untest epochTime support

iOS Changes

• Ad Nework Updates
    • Admob 11.6.0
    • Chartboost 9.7.0
    • IronSource 8.1.1.0 and matching networks

Notes:

iOS publishing now generates an .ipa instead of a .app.zip file. The IPA includes the icon as iTunesArtwork and the requisite SwiftSupport directory for app store deploy. This means you'll need to use the Download link and something other than GameSalad to sign. We suggest the open source app iOS App Signer.

You can learn more here: https://help.gamesalad.com/gamesalad-cookbook/publishing/3-apple-publishing/using-ios-app-signer-optional/

2024-07-19 patch update:

Pushed update to fix epochTime implementation

Android (Compile SDK 34, TargetSDK 34, MinSDK24)

Bug Fixes:

• Upgraded from com.google.android.play:core:1.10.3 to new broken out libraries (com.google.android.play:review:2.0.1 and com.google.android.play:asset-delivery:2.2.2)
  • Fixed Chartboost and enabled support chartboost banner ads (needs publishing page update to support).

Android Changes

• Google UMP 2.2.0 Integrated
  • Ad Network Updates
    • Admob 23.0.0
    • Chartboost 9.7.0
    • IronSource 8.1.0
      • Adcolony 4.8.0
      • Amazon 9.9.3
      • AppLovin 12.5.0
      • Bidmachine 2.7.0
      • Facebook 6.17.0
      • Fyber 8.2.7
      • HyprMX 6.2.3
      • InMobi 10.6.6
      • Liftoff 1.9.1
      • Maio 1.1.16
      • Moloco: 2.3.0
      • MyTarget 5.20.0
      • Pangle 5.8.0.8
      • Smaato 22.6.0
      • SuperAwesome 9.3.2
      • Unity 4.12.0
      • Vungle 7.3.2
      • Yandex 7.0.1

Ad networks in italics are new, but we'll need to update publishing to allow you to use them.

We've also put in code for epochTime, but have not tested it yet (as seen in the HTML5 engine here). If you were waiting on any other fixes for android, feel free to ask about them here, I might have lost track of them. (But label them something like Feature Request: Thing I Want) so I can quickly differentiate them from comments and bug reports for this release.

Something about the build configuration and tool combination forces me to make the minimum supported version 24 instead of 21. We're working on fixing that.

Comments