Invalid signature appears when uploading to Google Play (I have followed the video from GSHelper.com

SmiteSmite TaiwanMember, PRO Posts: 41

Today I started publishing to Google Play

Reference is made to the teaching on the official website of GameSalad and the video teaching released by GSHelper.com on YouTube in 2021.

I tried many times to upload the apk file to Google Play but failed.

The message displays ERROR: JAR_SIG_NO_SIGNATURES: No JAR signatures

I followed the steps in the instructional video above.

Is there any part that needs to be updated, causing the upload to fail?

Is there something wrong with my minimal SDK setup? (Choose 28 for the teaching video and I will choose 28)

Or should I choose AAB, RC or general Build for Build?

In the ap

ksigner part, my build-tools folder contains version 29.0.3

Will this affect apksigner and zipalign information being too outdated?

I upload process pictures

Can anyone see what issues caused Google Play to say No JAR signatures?

The upload failed and the message is like this

Comments

• SmiteSmite TaiwanMember, PRO Posts: 41

My folder only has 29.0.3

If the problem is that there is a newer version, can you send me the link?

All the links I saw on the official teaching website failed.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,353
    edited June 8

The process changes pretty much yearly as the stores make new demands and change how they want things done, so it's likely any ideo will be out of date.

The process now is essentially this:

1. Use the "Build RC" button. That will generate you an AAB file. When it finishes processing, use the "Download" button to download the AAB file. I rename the download to something more manageable, e.g. "Sand.aab"
    2. Make sure you have the Java SDK and Android SDK tools installed as explained in the cookbook.
    3. If you don't have a keystore, you need to make one. The process should still be the same as on the cookbook.
    4. Open a Terminal window. You need to use this command to sign your app, though you'll need to make a few changes, like in the example I put below. When you hit enter it will scroll through all the files in your app as it signs them. When it's done, your AAB file will be signed and ready to upload.

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore /Users/Armelline/Desktop/sand.keystore /Users/Armelline/Downloads/Sand.aab Sand

You'll need to replace the "/Users/Armelline/Desktop/sand.keystore" with the location of your own keystore, and the "/Users/Armelline/Downloads/Sand.aab" with the location of your aab file, and the "Sand" at the end with the bundle name you assigned when making your keystore.

If you need specific pointers feel free to reach out to me over Skype and I can help you troubleshoot any problems you have.

@adent42 is intending, as far as I understand, to incorporate all this into the web interface, but for now Google changed the process enough that the built-in signing in the GS app isn't sufficient.

• SmiteSmite TaiwanMember, PRO Posts: 41

thank you very much

I can successfully upload to the internal testing interface

But there are new problems

Chartboost ads cannot be displayed on my test android phone

I will post a new topic and ask