Our most recognized game, now on Apple!

CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member Posts: 527

Hi all, after 9 years, today Pixel Cup Soccer returns to the Apple Store!

We have launched the mobile edition of Ultimate, for iPhone and iPad, enjoy it :)

Comments

• geoascenciogeoascencio Member, PRO Posts: 67

Whoa! This looks awesome! Great job!

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 581

It looks fantastic. I have to ask is that made it Gamesalad?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,129

It's posted in the Non-GS Game News forum, so probably not. This is the one "safe" place to announce your non-gs games, though I tend to remove post unless they're from existing GS community members, to avoid people creating accounts to spam.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member Posts: 527

Hi, nope... that's why I posted in this area... this game was initially made in a proprietary engine developed in-house in C++ and then a few years ago, we moved to Unity. The reason for this was the difficulty of keeping the engine up to date, with the continuous updating of hardware and OS versions, the move to Unity saved us this process.

GS I have used it in my personal projects, having published a game a few years ago that I got the Apple feature... more recently I have tried to "come back" to push my son, but it has been difficult for me to convince him, especially because of the difficulty of exporting for PC/Steam... but I don't consider the battle lost yet! ha ha ha

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,129

@CasualEvolution what was the game that Apple featured? And we've got plans again to work on the Windows thing, hopefully sooner than later.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member Posts: 527

🤫 hehehe

A while ago, I removed the game from stores, I feel that the concept to this day remains original ( https://youtube.com/shorts/WB_2F2BJSss?si=4DcPDTIabbEUhbKJ ) and it made no sense to have it published without visibility.

My son has worked on a couple of reskins options, with characters which is something I didn't do initially and which I attributed to the fact that the game didn't do better than it did (although I'm not complaining).

But without being able to successfully bring it to the web version of GS, with the sole purpose of exporting for PC (going first to html5 and then to exe), where I think it could have a chance again, there they will remain in a drawer... it is because That's why from time to time I insist on the fact that GS, in its native Mac version, should be able to export EXE and especially for Steam. (the question of transferring Lua to Exe more directly, something that you explained to me recently was complicated by the GS code that is not just Lua)

• DefPasDefPas Member Posts: 2

Your game looks fantastic! Keep the great work.

• DefPasDefPas Member Posts: 2
    edited July 4

It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into reviving your game!