Advertising ID Error

RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Just got this error when trying to publish a new app to Google Play:

'Error

Your advertising ID declaration in Play Console says that your app uses advertising ID. A manifest file in one of your active artifacts doesn't include the com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission.

If you don't include this permission in your manifest file, your advertising identifier will be zeroed out. This may break your advertising and analytics use cases, and cause loss of revenue. Learn more

You can remove these errors by updating your advertising ID declaration'

Anyone know what's going on here and how to fix it?

Comments

• geoascenciogeoascencio Member, PRO Posts: 63

I encountered the same issue a few weeks ago. I'm not entirely sure why or how, but I managed to resolve it by clicking on the "AD_ID permissions" option under "Extra Permissions Required" on the Publishing page.

I hope this helps!! Good luck!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,065

We allow you to uncheck AD_ID for instances where you are deploying child directed apps with ads. Disabling the AD_ID permission is a best practice for Child Directed apps according to google.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

I did try both checking and un-checking the 'AD_ID permissions' checkbox. Both bundles received the same error when uploading to Google Play.

I eventually resolved it by checking a box on Google Play that tells it to ignore these errors on upload. Not ideal, but at least it enabled me to publish!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,065

Can you DM me your app, I though I put in some fixes to properly remove the AD_ID, so that should not be happening :(