Educational Math Games I developed for Legends of Learning

BaguvixBaguvix Member Posts: 54
edited March 22 in Announce Your Game!

Hello everyone,

I’m excited to share with you some of the games I’ve developed for Legends of Learning using GameSalad over the past few years. These are 15-minute educational math games targeted at children. You can play all of them for free on the LoL website. I’ve included playable links for each game below, so feel free to check them out!

My goal was to create story-driven adventure games that keep students engaged while seamlessly integrating academic concepts, striking a balance between study and fun.

I acknowledge that some of these games could be more polished. However, the small size limit imposed was a significant bottleneck for me, along with the requirement that the games run smoothly on Chromebooks in a very bandwidth-constrained school environment. The 'Interpolate' and 'Particles' behaviors were my biggest allies in this regard.

Medieval Adventure

• Learning Objective: Differentiate shapes based on lines and angles.
  • Summary: The destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a brave knight. Embark on this adventure by helping him fulfill his quests and defeat fantastic creatures, in a world where enchantments and rituals are governed by geometric knowledge!
  • Note: This was my very first game on the platform.
  • Play here.

Scrolls of Power

• Learning Objective: Use parentheses, brackets, or braces in numerical expressions, and evaluate expressions with these symbols.
  • Summary: Embark on an exciting math-filled adventure in the magical realm of Numeria! Join forces with the mighty Sorcerer Valin and use enchanted Scrolls to overcome the Elemental invasion and restore harmony to the land.
  • Note: The last levels can be very challenging. I received feedback that teachers are having children play this game in pairs.
  • Play here.

Battle for Azalon

• Learning Objective: Linear geometry. Identify points, lines, line segments, rays, angles, and perpendicular and parallel lines in two-dimensional figures.
  • Summary: Help the mages defend the Kingdom of Azalon in an epic war against the orcs! Use your geometry knowledge to cast spells and defeat the incoming hordes!
  • Note: After a few contracts, I decided to take on a more ambitious project. This wasn’t a good call. Halfway through development, I had already exceeded the maximum size and had to rethink the gameplay. This game has the longest loading times and lowest completion rate, but it still outperforms the Unity games.
  • Play here.

Mysterious Island

• Learning Objective: Partition shapes into unit fractions
  • Summary: Help Nancy, a treasure hunter who has just arrived on a mysterious island, find the hidden treasure of Euclid. Use your knowledge of partitioning shapes into unit fractions to solve puzzles and uncover the secrets of the island.
  • Note: After Battle for Azalon, I decided to take on a simpler project and prioritize performance. This game has just one scene, very few animations, and a static map. It runs amazingly well in schools but is not very visually appealing. However, this didn’t seem to impact the ratings.
  • Play here.