Getting back on track

Hello everyone,

As I mentioned in a post a few months ago, my son is getting into the world of video games (yes, it seems man is the only animal that stumbles over the same stone twice! haha). He has been working on a reskin and a bit more of a game that I had made years ago, and I need to know if he can continue with the project as it was or if he needs to update it.

The project is developed with version GS 1.25.95, which I never updated further as I didn't see the need. The development is functional and running on my vintage MacBook Pro 2011, using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

I would like to confirm whether both the GS version and the macOS will allow us to complete the project. Just to clarify, I have a pro subscription :)

Is it necessary to update GS in order to export to iOS? (and possibly Android) or does everything still work without needing an update? If possible, should I do it for any reason? I'm afraid something might break, and I wouldn't update unless it's truly necessary.

The idea is for the game to have in-app purchases as well as ads.

I have no clue which ad provider, of those currently integrated, is delivering the best results. Any recommendations?

Sorry for the many questions, but well, as the years go by, one tends to get a bit rusty :)

I'll be attentive to your recommendations.

Thank you!

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

As long as you publish with a 1.25.x version, afaik you have access to all GameSalad publishing features including in-app and there should be no particular reason he can't finish the project.

I tend to avoid ads when possible so I'm not too up-to-speed with those.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

Hi I was creating certificates, profiles, etc... since everything was expired... I managed to build, sign and when I try to upload with transporter I have the following error:

Asset validation failed (90034)

Missing or invalid signature. The bundle 'com.animalada.xxxxx' at bundle path 'Payload/xxxxxxxxx.app' is not signed using an Apple submission certificate. (ID: c45c4d1c-0896-4733-91fb-030967fd37c1)

I'm not sure if I have a problem with this or if macOS has become obsolete or if the problem is something else... any ideas?

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523

Hello, I was finally able to solve it!

As always, this process is a bit messy and takes twists and turns until it finally works :)

The good thing is that I can confirm that both my vintage Mac with its old OS, as well as the old version of GS, are still valid when building and uploading to App Store! :)