Google Consent Management requirement

RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682
edited September 2023 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hi @adent42 ,

Just wondered if you are aware of this Google GDPR requirement? (deadline 16 Jan 2024)

If so, are you able to give an idea of when you might be implementing this?

Also, will you be able to give an overview of what we, as developers need to do as I find this all a bit confusing!

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

We are aware. The library is already ready to go as part of the RC build, but we need to put a few finishing touches on it. We'll definitely be done by Jan. We're targeting end of October for the release.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067
    edited September 2023

We'll give you more info soon, but the general idea is that when your users agree to things like GDRP tracking consent, you need to use a platform that tracks that consent online. Basically to prove that you have consent.

I need to check all the rules, but I believe this will only apply to Europe, but you can bet some US states and other countries will have similar requirements coming down the pipe.

We're going to implement Google's own consent system (I forget what it's called) and for the most part you'll just need to use the existing GDPR attributes you already have.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you're already working on it! 👍️